4 chair Preventions

VoiceFan!

Ppl u thought should’ve gotten four chairs but a certain coach backed out (mostly Kelly or Blake imo)

S20: Victor Soloman + Cam Anthony

S19: Jim, John Holiday and Sid

S18: Zan Fiskum

S17: Cali Wilson
S16: Rizzi Myers, Rod Stokes

S15: Chevel Shepard, Kymberyli, Michael Lee

S14: Kelsea Johnson, Cristiana Danielle

S13: Chloe K, Emily Luther

S12: Lili P, Felicia

• Like 1

• Raine Stern (Kelly, sis, what were you doing?)
  • Sid Kingsley (see Raine’s commentary)
  • Julia Cooper (to be fair, she filmed her audition immediately after Team Blake filled, so it’s not her fault, but if she and Worth the Wait had switched audition orders, she 100% would’ve gotten one)
  • Lauren Duski (tone + folk but country + those gorgeous highs at the end)

If I think of anymore, I’ll add them, but I agree with that first list up top.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Julia Cooper (to be fair, she filmed her audition immediately after Team Blake filled, so it’s not her fault, but if she and Worth the Wait had switched audition orders, she 100% would’ve gotten one)
  •  

Absolutely!! Her blind audition was absolutely incredible & while in the best performances of each season thread, I was seriously considering putting it ahead of Cami's "Skinny Love"

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Raine Stern (Kelly, sis, what were you doing?)
  • Sid Kingsley (see Raine’s commentary)
  • Lauren Duski (tone + folk but country + those gorgeous highs at the end)

If I think of anymore, I’ll add them, but I agree with that first list up top.

All of these!!!!!!

• Like 1

Only including 3 chairs (trying to include the one I thought was most deserving)

S20- Cam Anthony, Victor Solomon

S19- John Holiday, Sid Kingsley

S18- Zan Fiskum

S17- Ricky Braddy

S16- Rizzi Myers

S15- Kymberli Joye

S14- Britton Buchanan

S13- Ashland Craft

S12- Lilli Passero

S11- Christian Cuevas, Lauren Diaz

S10- Mike Schiavo

(S6, 7, 9 already had so many)

S3- Trevin Hunte

S2- Juliet Simms

Many of these were actually in my T5 of the season so it makes sense

Adam not turning for Chevel, and saying it was because the others had already turned, by the time he decided what he wanted to do. 

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

She probably wouldn’t have chosen him, but she is a fan, and crazier things have happened. She went in being certain she was going to choose Blake, and we saw what happened. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Chloe MK is another good example, also courtesy of Adam Levine.

Her audition was her weakest of the season IMO so I’m surprised she even got 3 chairs

(probably very unpop)

Edited by rp3598
  • Like 1

I’d consider Season 12 to be the weakest group of 4 chair turns (most deserved only 2 or 3), and I liked the majority of 3 chair auditions much more than many of them (Lilli, Lauren, Kawan, Hanna, Johnny G and Felicia). 

Is there a thread for weakest 4 chair turns?

4 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I’d consider Season 12 to be the weakest group of 4 chair turns (most deserved only 2 or 3), and I liked the majority of 3 chair auditions much more than many of them (Lilli, Lauren, Kawan, Hanna, Johnny G and Felicia). 

Is there a thread for weakest 4 chair turns?

I mean, I think it´s to this day, the only season with no 4 chair turns in the Top 11. Troy Ramey was the last one standing and got eliminated in Top 12 week.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, I think it´s to this day, the only season with no 4 chair turns in the Top 11. Troy Ramey was the last one standing and got eliminated in Top 12 week.

And the winner was the last contestant to audition (and would have gotten 4 chairs had he auditioned earlier)

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

And the winner was the last contestant to audition (and would have gotten 4 chairs had he auditioned earlier)

Yep. And I agree, I liked several of the 1 - 3 chair turns more than almost all the 4 chair turns that season. 

• 1 year later...

Also, for Season 21, Samuel and Bella could have gotten all four. Season 22 already had a ton of four chair turns, but Bryce would be my choice, since I liked his audition a lot more than most of his other performances.

Edited by Cookie73

Two others Kelly prevented from getting all four, both from season seventeen: Jake HaldenVang (something unique about the rock lane he chose) and Calvin Lockett (good mix of smoky and velvety that we've never heard before).  With the former, we didn't even get her lame excuse then.  With the latter, at least she admitted that she was an idiot, but her excuse was that she thought that she was out of it when John turned.  And yet, she could've fought hard and won like Gwen did, so . . . whatever, Kelly.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, Hsamid said:

Agreed with a lot of the names coming up. I also think Patrique Fortson and Kelsie Watts deserved 4 chair turns.

To be fair about Kelsie, John and Blake likely thought that they had no chance, since she was singing Kelly's song.  Though I give Gwen props for being bold enough to try.