Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1993 - 3-1 Posted)

Alex95

- LOL Alex's some of comments on Princess Mononoke kinda cracked me up (though sorry about that breakup :( ). But I do really like Tom's description on the movie. 

- Fine with the ranking of Anastasia. Ugh I wish I had commented on "Journey to the Past" as that's such a gorgeous and iconic song. :wub:

- LMAOOO Not Titanic with only #1 & #2 or #14 & #15 rankings outside of Steven's #4 ranking. :dead: Lmao I lowkey wish Steven ranked it at #2 so this movie could have had all Top 2 or Bottom 2 rankings. :lmao: Bummed this missed out making the Top 3 but with all of those low rankings, I'm glad to see this making it all the way to the Top 4, at least. 

Hmm I think I got my #2, 3 and 4 left, which I'm really happy about. And wow my Top 4 made it to the Top 4 so I couldn't be happier about that. I'll be pleased with whichever film ends up winning. :yes:

3. Liar Liar

AAAABVNO3fVdEOeUyIfrSV4_Txs1fcpxXTt8Xf1ZPyztIVpZyqivwUT8L99nNSpda0EcYCoJ7aLQgXfIKGvfzDS_flPr5kdOhyfTLe0s.jpg?r=1a9

6.5/15

Watch Trailer

@*Wallace - 3/15

@FrogLenzen - 3/15

@Elliott - 3/15

@~Tom~ - 5/15

@Alex95 - 7/15

@*Chris - 9/15

@*Diana - 11/15

@Steven_ - 11/15

Wally

I kinda forgot about this movie being in the game but I'm so glad it made the finals. I thought this was a really fun and hilarious movie. Jim Carrey really shines in this and it's one of my favorite movies of his.

Derek

this movie is so stupid. And I love it. Also I believe in Maura Tierney supremacy

Alex

This is pretty much Jim Carrey at his Jim Carrey-iest. If you have a low tolerance for Jim Carrey, I'd assume you hate the movie. If you're a big Jim Carrey fan, then this was probably the best 90 minutes of your life. I have mixed feelings on Jim Carrey's antics so yeah...middle ranking for me!

2. I Know What You Did Last Summer

image-w1280.jpg

6.4/15

Watch Trailer

@*Wallace - 4/15

@~Tom~ - 4/15

@Elliott - 4/15

@*Diana - 6/15

@*Chris - 6/15

@FrogLenzen - 8/15

@Steven_ - 9/15

@Alex95 - 10/15

Wally

I am not into scary or horror films at all but for some reason, I just really loved this movie. I also love the cast as it has such a strong cast with:  Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze Jr., all of whom I enjoyed in each of their roles.

Alex

This movie was a chore to watch every time SMG wasn't on screen and a cinematic masterpiece every time she was. She has carried multiple top 15 movies in this game single-handedly on her back, what a queen!

1. Hercules

4GQofNfyjIlbAILrkeDM19AuIa5.jpg

3.9/15

Watch Trailer

@Steven_ - 1/15

@*Chris - 1/15

@*Wallace - 2/15

@~Tom~ - 2/15

@*Diana - 3/15

@Elliott - 5/15

@Alex95 - 6/15

@FrogLenzen - 11/15

Wally

A timeless and classic Disney movie. I've always loved Hercules. Great film with many great memorable songs in it. I hadn't seen this in forever but had strong fond memories of it and would love to watch it again sometime.

Alex

Yes I absolutely would have tanked it because the Mouse winning for a third year in a row is a nightmare scenario, but Titanic and Good Will Hunting were too big of threats in my mind so I had to settle for the predictable winner. As this is no longer a rankdown about winning, it's about what will get second place to the Disney/Pixar film of each year. Lol jk, the trend will finally break next year when The Hunchback of Notre Dame doesn't win even though it would easily be the most deserving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Hercules is good! Just as Mulan and Toy Story 2 are! The Muses are iconic, Hades is gay, Meg is a queen, just Disney firing on all cylinders here.

Derek

Has a couple of really iconic songs/moments and Hades is camp.

• Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1997 - 3-1 Posted)
1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

If anyone predicted Liar Liar and IKWYDLS in the top three I'll venmo you 100 dollars.

OMG the way I forgot those were in the Top 3 when those are amongst my favorite movies for 1997. :dead: 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

I thought Titanic would’ve won. I expected tanked scores for Hercules to block an animated film winning three years in a row, but I’d be surprised to see Liar Liar or IKWYDLS to win.

I knew Titanic was way too polarizing to win. :dead: I'm just glad it came in 4th, at least.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

abby-lee-miller.gif

No

You're not the only one. :wub:  :giggle: 

- I'm really pleased with "Liar, Liar" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" making it all the way to 3rd and 2nd! I loved both of those so yay. I'm really shook that IKWYDLS made it all the way to 2nd with no rankings in the Top 3, what in the world did we do, you all? :dead: That is pretty iconic though. :haha:

- Lmao not Hercules with the runaway win. Wow at #2 getting a 6.4 and then #1 getting a 3.9  score. :haha: But this is a classic, fun and enjoyable film. A very worthy winner and happy to see it win. :yes: Although it's amazing how Disney films have pulled off the win 3 years in a row.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1996 - Coming Soon)

1996-5.gif

101 Dalmatians

A Chef in Love

A Summer's Tale

A Time to Kill

A Very Brady Sequel

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

Barb Wire

Basquiat

Beautiful Thing

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America

Big Night

The Birdcage

Bottle Rocket

Bound

Brassed Off

Breaking the Waves

Broken Arrow

The Cable Guy

Caught

Chain Reaction

Citizen Ruth

Comrades: Almost a Love Story

The Craft

Crash

Crime of the Century

The Crucible

Daylight

The Daytrippers

Dead Man

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

DragonHeart

Drifting Clouds

Ed

The Eighth Day

Emma

The English Patient

Eraser

Escape from L.A.

The Evening Star

Everyone Says I Love You

Evita

Fargo

Fear

The First Wives Club

Flirting with Disaster

Fly Away Home

Freeway

The Frighteners

From Dusk till Dawn

The Funeral

The Ghost and the Darkness

Ghosts of Mississippi

Girls Town

Gotti

Hamlet

Happy Gilmore

Hard Eight

Hellraiser: Bloodline

Hidden in America

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

If These Walls Could Talk

Independence Day

Irma Vep

The Island of Dr. Moreau

Jack

James and the Giant Peach

Jerry Maguire

Jingle All the Way

Kingpin

Kolya

The Late Shift

The Line King: The Al Hirschfeld Story

Lone Star

The Long Kiss Goodnight

Looking for Richard

Losing Chase

Mandela

Manny & Lo

Mars Attacks!

Marvin's Room

Matilda

Michael Collins

The Mirror Has Two Faces

Mission: Impossible

Mother

Mulholland Falls

Muppet Treasure Island

Norma Jean & Marilyn

The Nutty Professor

One Fine Day

The Other Side of Sunday

Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills

The People vs. Larry Flynt

The Portrait of a Lady

The Preacher's Wife

Primal Fear

Prisoner of the Mountains

Pusher

Ransom

Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny

Richard III

Ridicule

The Rock

Romeo + Juliet

Scream

Secrets & Lies

Set It Off

Shine

Sleepers

Sling Blade

Space Jam

Star Trek: First Contact

Stealing Beauty

Striptease

The Stupids

Suzanne Farrell: Elusive Muse

Swingers

Tell the Truth and Run: George Seldes and the American Press

That Thing You Do!

Thesis

Tin Cup

Trainspotting

Twister

Unhook the Stars

Up Close and Personal

Waiting for Guffman

Walking and Talking

Welcome to the Dollhouse

When We Were Kings

The Whole Wide World

For the first round we can each advance 5-10 films. One film will go straight to round four, and the rest will go to the next round. You cannot advance less than 5, nor can you advance more than 10. You don't have to advance all your films at one time, but when you're done please let me know so I know to move on. You have 72 hours to make your saves. Good luck! Anyone who wants to play can play!

@*Chris @*Wallace @Steven_ @1234567890 @Elliott @FrogLenzen @*Diana @~Tom~ @goofycilla90

• Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1996 - Round 1)

Round 4: The Nutty Professor

Round 2:

A Very Brady Sequel

Aladdin and the King of Thieves

Beavis and Butt-Head Do America

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

Evita

Happy Gilmore

Jingle All the Way

The Preacher's Wife

Romeo + Juliet