Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1993 - 3-1 Posted)

Alex95

I'm happy Space Jam managed to get so far to get to 6th. Dee's comments pretty much echo my thoughts on this movie. It's such a classic for me and one of my favorites. ❤️ LOL I also totally get Alex's comments but boooo at not letting this win. :giggle: LOL JK, but I get his comments. 

Lol oh wow, Alex did call it at The Hunchback of Notre Dame not being able to continue on the Disney films winning trend. I'm fine with it not winning. But I like all of the comments on it (well not so much Derek's lol).

3. Matilda

108107.jpg

5.3/15

Watch Trailer

@*Diana - 1/15

@*Chris - 1/15

@~Tom~ - 2/15

@Steven_ - 3/15

@*Wallace - 3/15

@Deeee - 8/15

@FrogLenzen - 8/15

@1234567890 - 9/15

@Alex95 - 13/15

Dee

Ignoring the Roald Dahl of it all, this story/movie really is so iconic. Maybe it shouldn't rank so high, but the nostalgia of it all is too strong. I just genuinely love Matilda Wormwood as portrayed by Mara Wilson. Danny DeVito really did THAT when he made Matilda.

Alex

Similar to Space Jam I knew nostalgia would hit hard with these rankings, had to do what I could to save us from a Matilda win. It's cute I guess? I actually don't have a nostalgic connection to it. Never really cared about it as a kid, can't say I do now either.

2. The Birdcage

the-birdcage.jpg

5.0/15

Watch Trailer

@Alex95 - 1/15

@FrogLenzen - 2/15

@*Diana - 3/15

@*Chris - 3/15

@~Tom~ - 5/15

@1234567890 - 5/15

@Steven_ - 6/15

@Deeee - 10/15

@*Wallace - 10/15

Alex

I've probably watched this movie 100 times and it still makes me laugh hysterically each time. Robin Williams is a gem, Nahtan Lane is PERFECTION, the entire ensemble is just *chefs kiss*. Politically is may not push the boundary as much watching in 2023, but it's one of the few movies that can bring my conservative and liberal families together. Shoutout to Val, the worst child in film history!

Dee

A notable movie in gay and drag history. Robin Williams is, as always, amazing in his performance. Nathan Lane also slays. Another charming, witty film.

1. Scream

Billy-and-Stu.jpg

4.1/15

Watch Trailer

@Deeee - 1/15

@~Tom~ - 1/15

@1234567890 - 1/15

@Steven_ - 4/15

@*Chris - 4/15

@FrogLenzen - 5/15

@*Diana - 6/15

@*Wallace - 7/15

@Alex95 - 8/15

Dee

Most likely favorite film of all-time, responsible for spawning my favorite franchise of all-time? Of course this revolutionary piece of art gets the top spot.

Alex

Pretty much the perfect homage to the horror drama. If you love horror films, you'll probably love this film. If you hate horror films, this probably isn't the film for you. If you think horror films are just fine, you'll probably think this movie is fine. Anyways, this movie is fine.

• Alex95 changed the title to Films Per Year Mini-Rankdown (1996 - 3-1 Posted)

Lol Matilda with all of those polarizing rankings, which was expected. :dead: I'm shocked it made it to the Top 3 but happy for it nonetheless. Loved that movie as a child. ❤️ 

Crazy how the movie I advanced with Chris (The Birdcage) that I had no strong opinion on made it to 2nd. I wish I had that luck with movies I actually love. :dead: Although I guess I did on a few occasions. But I liked the trailer and what I saw about it.

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious Scream was gonna win. :haha: I suppose I'm #TeamAlex regarding that soo yay for that, at least. :haha: Definitely an iconic horror film but it's not my favorite film genre as I only like a handful of those. But congrats to the Scream fans getting this win as it was inevitable. :yes: 

Scream isn't just my favorite horror movie. It's my favorite movie in general. ❤️

Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven were the perfect team. 

That opening scene with the biggest name in the movie? 

Just perfection. Completely saved the sub genre of slashers in the 90ties. 

Edited by aliasocfan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...