π•Šπ•’π•žπ•¦π•–π• β„π•’π•£π•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€ π”½π•’π•Ÿ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 🎼

FloorWax

Ik the conversation is over, but Joshua is definitely Sam's biggest competition on Team Legend. Dude even has a bigger voice than Sam. However, this is not taking into account song choices and performance quality. We'll just have to wait and see.

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Song suggestions that popped in my head based on the radio on my drive home from work:

Β 

Carry On - fun.

In The Air Tonight orΒ You’ll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins

Β 

Don’t know if the first one is more him or David-friendly (personally, I think it suits David tone-wiseΒ a bit more but Sam seems more comfortable with belts than David and there’s some beltier bits here) and for whatever reason I could see Phil Collins working for Sam and also appealing to minivan??? I don’t know, I am not that good at song suggestions despite offering a good number of them, but we’ve established that one already today πŸ’€

Β 

Carry On.. it's the song sung by Hunter for his blinds right?Β 

Β 

AND yes at these Phil Collins suggestionsΒ :wub:Β Sam has a gravelly low voice that can suit those songs perfectly. I mean.. it worked for Noah, so maybe it can work for himΒ πŸ€ͺ. These are great suggestions though, thank you!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Fair. I’ve deleted everything I posted in here from the last hour. ;)Β We’ll continue with positive manifestations from now on! πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

That's fine! We all have our opinions and we really sometimes can't think of having these doubts (even me LMAO), but I'd rather have this thread in a more positive environment (also, there's a chance that Sam reads this, I mean with all the trolling and all HAHA), since the spoilers thread is negative enoughΒ :dead:. thank you though, I wish all users are like youΒ  (jk, jk πŸ€ͺ)

Β 

Β 

Edited by sydneysam

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Ik the conversation is over, but Joshua is definitely Sam's biggest competition on Team Legend. Dude even has a bigger voice than Sam. However, this is not taking into account song choices and performance quality. We'll just have to wait and see.

Β 

Β 

Yup, they're both good! I do hope they will be given PO songs that'll showcase both of their abilities moving forward 🀞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sydneysam said:

Β 

Carry On.. it's the song sung by Hunter for his blinds right?Β 

Β 

Yes, my heart πŸ’” (I'll never get over Hunter)

Β 

about Sam, I feel like he gets the right songs, so positive vibes for the POs

and again: he's John's favorite πŸ˜‰

• Like 5

5 hours ago, pauwis said:

Yes, my heart πŸ’” (I'll never get over Hunter)

Β 

about Sam, I feel like he gets the right songs, so positive vibes for the POs

and again: he's John's favorite πŸ˜‰

Β 

Ugh, same LOL (atleast when he was still on the showΒ :haha:)

Β 

let's all hope and manifest that, that's the caseΒ :wub:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Song suggestion:

Β 

"Cover Me Up" by Jason Isbell.

Β 

Β 

This song just has his name on it. Match made in heaven for his rasp, and it will allow him to sing his heart out. Plus Minivan points don't hurt.

Β 

AH yes. Haven't thought about this one for Samuel yet, but now that you've said it- yeah, it'll definitely work. I really want him to sing country songs since he can give it justice and that it'll appeal to the general and casual viewers (minivan), and possibly bring him very far on the show. And there's no better song than this one, for the reasons you've said. Thank you for the awesome suggestion!Β :wub:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Song suggestion:

Β 

Β 

Β 

This song just has his name on it. Match made in heaven for his rasp, and it will allow him to sing his heart out. Plus Minivan points don't hurt.

Β 

would love to see it in the playoffs, guaranteed PV spot.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Song suggestion:

Β 

Β 

Β 

this song isΒ perfect in every way!! πŸ•―πŸ•―

Β 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Glad y'all liked the song suggestion. Really hoping we actually get to see him perform it on the show at some point.

Β 

I'm glad you have thought about that one. Was it a random thought or something?Β :haha:Β that was so perfect

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Β 

I'm glad you have thought about that one. Was it a random thought or something?Β :haha:Β that was so perfect

I’d beΒ interested in seeing his take on it. The song is starting to become the Before You Go/Someone You Loved of country music (at least for the country males),Β so I kind of hope he changes it up if he gets it.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I’d beΒ interested in seeing his take on it. The song is starting to become the Before You Go/Someone You Loved of country music (at least for the country males),Β so I kind of hope he changes it up if he gets it.Β 

Β 

is it? i think only the Hoot has covered it on this show and i've only seen a few on other singing shows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

is it? i think only the Hoot has covered it on this show and i've only seen a few on other singing shows.

That’s only on this show. I meant in general. Β Pretty much every country male I’ve found has a cover of that song. :haha:

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

hell, even Holly has a cover of itΒ :haha:

Lol

Β 

Ok, to be fair, IΒ΄d consider the song (and Isbell in general) more americana than country. HootΒ΄s version was more country than the original due to his natural inflictions. A lot of people that consider it purely country are maybe thinking of the Morgan Wallen version.

Β 

But getting back to the original topic, this could really be a home run for Sam. I want him to sing songs like this, they would really help him with the audience.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Lol

Β 

Ok, to be fair, IΒ΄d consider the song (and Isbell in general) more americana than country. HootΒ΄s version was more country than the original due to his natural inflictions. A lot of people that consider it purely country are maybe thinking of the Morgan Wallen version.

Β 

But getting back to the original topic, this could really be a home run for Sam. I want him to sing songs like this, they would really help him with the audience.

Β 

Agreed. Most Isbell songs do lean more Americana than country.

Β 

Going back to my point, I don't think that song for him will come off as "overdone" for the audience. Maybe I'm biased because I think its a really great song, but I think just singing it in his style would do Sam lots of favors.

• Like 4