DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

32 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Since Derek and Val both got ringers for numerous seasons in a row despite already having won the show, I am perfectly fine with the show continuing to give Sasha a chance to win with good partners.

Yeah I agree and it’s not like Sasha is a bad partner, I think he does genuinely care and try to teach his partners. I’ve been wanting a win for him for a minute and I love Suni so I’d love for this to be his year tbh. Plus, they asked jojo for a list right? With Simone and Suni being so close I feel like it’s extremely likely that Suni requested Sasha (or he was at least one of her options). 

So to summarize we're looking at:

Olivia Jade & Val Chmerkovskiy

Amanda Kloots & Alan Bersten

Suni Lee & Sasha Farber

Kenya Moore & Brendon Armstrong

JoJo Siwa & Jenna Johnson

Ali Wentworth? & Artem Chigvintsev

???????????? & Pasha Pashkov

???????????? & Gleb Savchenko

Jimmie Allen & Emma Slater

Brian Austin Green & Sharna Burgess

Iman Shumpert & Daniella Karagach

Matt James & Lindsay/Cheryl/Witney/Britt

???????????? & Lindsay Arnold

???????????? & Cheryl Burke

???????????? & Witney Carson

???????????? & Britt Stewart

• Thanks 1

Christine Chiu from Bling Empire was spotted at the rehearsal studios.

Fills the Netflix reality quota which we saw with a few people last year. I liked Christine on Bling Empire, not sure how she will do here but I’m excited to see!

Edited by *Lily

Would they put Gleb with the Netflix girl again? She seems like a Gleb partner, the only other option is Pasha. Either way, I'd imagine her being an early boot (I've never watched her show though so I know nothing about her, maybe she's good idk)

15 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Would they put Gleb with the Netflix girl again? She seems like a Gleb partner, the only other option is Pasha. Either way, I'd imagine her being an early boot (I've never watched her show though so I know nothing about her, maybe she's good idk)

I think she’s friends with Chrishell so unless she requested him? I do think she seems more like a Gleb partner too.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I think she’s friends with Chrishell so unless she requested him? I do think she seems more like a Gleb partner too.

Chrishell setting her “friend” up for failure :wub: Petty Queen :wub:

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Since Derek and Val both got ringers for numerous seasons in a row despite already having won the show, I am perfectly fine with the show continuing to give Sasha a chance to win with good partners.

Yeah, I don't mind Sasha getting multiple good partners or ringers. I just would have preferred them as different types of celebrities. :haha:

I'm still very likely gonna root for them. :haha:

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

The Miz is in apparently, according to some wrestling outlets. Would be a fun casting!

Wow, that's a surprise.... But a really good casting! 😮

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Idk much about Ali if it is her, but she seems fun!

Cast is pretty strong overall IMO. Looking forward to seeing who else is yet to be leaked/revealed.

Ali is freaking hilarious. :dead: I don't see her dancing being too good but she will bring the lols. :haha:

19 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Chrishell setting her “friend” up for failure :wub: Petty Queen :wub:

:dead:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Oh Christine does have Pasha! Confirmed by KB.

Not sure how I see her doing but still nice to see Pasha get a partner on the younger side!

Yeah im not sure I see her getting far (mostly because ive never heard of her lol) unless shes a really good dancer but Im just glad he didnt get a clear week 1 elim this time 

• Like 1

Just confirmed Matt is partnered with Lindsay!

I'm kinda thinking Cheryl might get Miz, although I'd be down to see him with any of the remaining women.

(Brian/Sharna still hasn't been confirmed but like.. I think we all know that's highly likely anyway lmao)

Edited by *Lily

3 hours ago, Linds said:

Yeah im not sure I see her getting far (mostly because ive never heard of her lol) unless shes a really good dancer but Im just glad he didnt get a clear week 1 elim this time 

Yeah it feels kinda a random choice. I liked Christine and Bling Empire but didn't think it really got as much attention as the other Netflix shows that they casted from last year. :haha: Hoping she's maybe decent enough to last a couple weeks but I trust Pasha's abilities as a partner!

Edited by *Lily

So we have

1. Suni and Sasha
  2. Jojo and Jenna 
  3. Amanda and Alan 
  4. Jimmie and Emma
  5. Kenya and Brandon 
  6. Olivia and Val 
  7. Daniella and Iman 
  8. Matt and Lindsey 
  9. Brian and Sharna?
  10. miz? 
  11. Artem and …maybe Ali Wentworth?

we literally just have like 4 more lol

On 9/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Linds said:

No offense to them but I feel like some of these celebs (Iman, Olivia) they're casting for the family members it'll bring to the audience 😆

if Ali Wentworth is really on then that makes this theory even stronger, since she's likely to get George in the audience lol. 

• Like 1

I know it's early but she's right off her historic Olympic win so I really think Suni has this or Amanda with her backstop. ❤️

I low key worry Matt who cannot dance :dead: stands a chance with bachelor nation and one of the most popular pros lol