DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

57 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

Per Kristyn Burtt, former NBA player Iman Shumpert, who was on the 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship team, is the next celebrity to have signed up. He will be partnered with Daniella. Shumpert is married to musician and dancer Teyana Taylor and they had a VH1 reality show together too.

I believe they have a show on E! now.

18 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

It was only a matter of time before we got a basketball player confirmed for the season. Just waiting on the obligatory football player now. :giggle: 

And the basketball player track record is much worse. Oh dear. 🙈

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I thought the name sounded familiar and then I realised it was because he’s married to Teyana. :haha: Excited to see him!

Ah I see him on clips of their new E! Show but never really watched it or take notice of him. I will take more notice of him now. :haha:

• Like 1

Yeah I’d seen some Brian Austin Green rumblings on Twitter. Wouldn’t be too surprised if it happened, I saw a while back that he said he’d been asked before, might even have been last season. It’s a decent booking if so but yeah I don’t really care to see another real-life couple storyline again (team Megan Fox 😘)

• Like 1

Yeah I’d seen some Brian Austin Green rumblings on Twitter. Wouldn’t be too surprised if it happened, I saw a while back that he said he’d been asked before, might even have been last season. It’s a decent booking if so but yeah I don’t really care to see another real-life couple storyline again (team Megan Fox 😘)

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I agree with you on this. But then again, this is the same show that put Marissa Jaret Winokur and Tony together with over a foot difference between them. :dead:

I forgot there was that much of a height difference between them. :dead: Kareem & Lindsay still take the cake for biggest height difference though. :dead: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I believe he was supposed to do the show last year (I would guess in place of Jesse Metcalfe), so I wouldn't be surprised if this comes true.

Ooh just saw this. I thought I remembered this too but wasn’t sure so glad to hear you remember it too. :haha: That would make sense in Jesse’s spot too as I think the rumour was that he was supposed to be paired with Sharna then too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I forgot there was that much of a height difference between them. :dead: Kareem & Lindsay still take the cake for biggest height difference though. :dead: 

Lmao, that's another good example. Although any female pro paired with Kareem would make for the biggest height difference. Even with any of the male pros. :dead:

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ooh just saw this. I thought I remembered this too but wasn’t sure so glad to hear you remember it too. :haha: That would make sense in Jesse’s spot too as I think the rumour was that he was supposed to be paired with Sharna then too.

Yeah, I remember hearing about this when they first became a couple. :haha:

• Like 1

No offense to them but I feel like some of these celebs (Iman, Olivia) they're casting for the family members it'll bring to the audience 😆

But I did read that Iman is actually a decent dancer so at least he may not be as painful as some of the other basketball players to watch lol 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just checked KB’s blog to see if there were any more updates and it was just updated - we have some pairings!

Suni/Sasha - makes sense with height and Sasha’s past partners, while I would have liked to see Sasha with a different type of partner than a gymnast, think he will be good for Suni still and I’m sure they’ll be a strong duo.  I wonder if she maybe requested him even seeing as she’s close with Simone?

Kenya/Brandon - wow shocked about this one as I thought with her height she was looking likely for Gleb at this point 😮 But I love it :wub: Seeing Brandon last season with a big, fun personality in Jeannie, he’s someone who I really trust will be fun with Kenya! Brandon on his fourth consecutive season of dancing with iconic WOC I love to see it!

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Oh not a footballer, but a country singer! Emma’s partner is Jimmie Allen. I kinda recognise him but don’t know a lot about him so excited to find out more.

Ooh this is a nice surprise!  I was getting way too much season 24 deja vu with thinking Emma was getting a football player, Sasha with the gymnast, Real Housewife, and Alan dancing with a ringer (plus potentially Sh**na getting another showmance but with someone that she doesn’t have to pretend she likes this time!).  

Do any Idol fans remember him and how he came off on screen?  He was on season 10 but cut before the live shows.  

• Like 1

Whoa Jimmie Allen is a complete surprise but a very current and good casting. 😮 He's doing really well on the country music scene.

Lol so far it seems like only black men have been cast on the men side. :dead: I'm not complaining of course but something I'm noticing so far. :haha:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

Ooh this is a nice surprise!  I was getting way too much season 24 deja vu with thinking Emma was getting a football player, Sasha with the gymnast, Real Housewife, and Alan dancing with a ringer (plus potentially Sh**na getting another showmance but with someone that she doesn’t have to pretend she likes this time!).  

Do any Idol fans remember him and how he came off on screen?  He was on season 10 but cut before the live shows.  

Lmao that "showmance" lasted for like 3 weeksand then they hated each other. :dead:

I don't remember Jimmie on Idol, but I've seen him in a number of interviews afterwards as a music star. He's real chill, cool down to earth guy. Good likable personality. Not sure his his dancing will be, but he should come across well. :yes:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Just checked KB’s blog to see if there were any more updates and it was just updated - we have some pairings!

Suni/Sasha - makes sense with height and Sasha’s past partners, while I would have liked to see Sasha with a different type of partner than a gymnast, think he will be good for Suni still and I’m sure they’ll be a strong duo.  I wonder if she maybe requested him even seeing as she’s close with Simone?

Kenya/Brandon - wow shocked about this one as I thought with her height she was looking likely for Gleb at this point 😮 But I love it :wub: Seeing Brandon last season with a big, fun personality in Jeannie, he’s someone who I really trust will be fun with Kenya! Brandon on his fourth consecutive season of dancing with iconic WOC I love to see it!

Aww a bit bummed Suni/Brandon isn't happening. :( But Suni/Sasha should be great and go far regardless. :yes:

Kenya/Brandon should be a lot of fun together. Happy with this partnership and looking forward to them.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao that "showmance" lasted for like 3 weeksand then they hated each other. :dead:

I don't remember Jimmie on Idol, but I've seen him in a number of interviews afterwards as a music star. He's real chill, cool down to earth guy. Good likable personality. Not sure his his dancing will be, but he should come across well. :yes:

Lmao probably the only time I felt sorry for her.  

Wow, the Brian Austin Green rumors being true. 😮 So I take it Sharna was able to convince him to do the show this year. :haha: Curious how the producers/show are gonna act as if they aren't a partnership. :haha:

Although this also makes me sad how Matthew Lawrence h & Cheryl hasn't done the show together yet. :(:giggle:

That's the 4th 90210 alum after Ian, Jennie and Shannen. 😮 surprised Tori Spelling hasn't done the show yet. :haha:

• Like 1

Brandon/Suni would have been cute too but I’m happy with Suni and Sasha, I think they will vibe well. Sasha seemed really thrilled on his story after he met Suni today… he said he was speechless and kept saying what a great afternoon he had. I think they’ll be a sweet pair and he will be good to her. & if they won it would also be sashas first win. 

Kenya/Brandon shocked me, I agree that I could have sworn she would be with Gleb! They broke the pattern there for sure! Kenya has a bit of a stronger personality than Brandon so I’m curious to see how that ends up. 

Sharna/Brian I’ll just wish them the best 😆 because while I’m not shocked this happened, I’d imagine it could be tricky on a relationship lol 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Suni & Sasha will be a great and cute pairing. I really hope that Sasha can finally get a win with Suni.

Kenya & Brandon will be a really fun pairing. Now I'm curious who they have lined up for Gleb because I really thought they'd give him Kenya.

Can't say I'm that enthusiastic about any of the male celebs that have been revealed so far. The line-up for the females is so great that the males really pale in comparison at the moment TBH.

• Like 2