DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

59 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Today is a beautiful day. I am being dragged on reddit for saying "Anyone but Cody" on a dwts thread about the show tonight. :wub:

Sure Jan GIF

Every discussion thread on the DWTS Reddit is people complaining about Cody still being in.

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Today is a beautiful day. I am being dragged on reddit for saying "Anyone but Cody" on a dwts thread about the show tonight. :wub:

I made a random comment on the dwts after the show last monday that suni and melora were robbed and should be there over cody and I still have a cody fan in my mentions over it a week later 😅 Theyre a passionate bunch 

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

thanks to all of @*Wallace's wonderful numbers. Before the show tonight I am going to post every routine this season and the growth on youtube since they first aired.

To you know. See if anything from the season reflects in the finale via youtube. And also because I am BORED.

Oooh yayy I look forward to seeing your stats too! :hug: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Anyway makes sense for Julianne to guest judge in Derek’s place. Not crazy about her obviously but did love her early days guest judging where she would manage to make a mostly valid critique and word it in the worst possible way every season, managing to p*ss off half the cast in the process :wub: Hope she manages to bring that same chaos tonight. 

:dead: 

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Oh Diana. :dead: 

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

53 minutes ago, Linds said:

I made a random comment on the dwts after the show last monday that suni and melora were robbed and should be there over cody and I still have a cody fan in my mentions over it a week later 😅 Theyre a passionate bunch 

The Cody stans coming for you two because you dare to have a different opinion than them. :dead: 

They would hate it here on IDF where we’re #TeamGirls and don’t get it when it comes to Cody making it so far. :giggle: 

tBKyTDH.png

I have made this graph. It was originally the Final 4 but I wanted to better show Iman's rise correlated with Suni who before Iman's contemporary had steadily been holding that #2 spot in views behind Jojo. I also did percentages because 1) I wanted to see how the contestants stacked up next to each other and 2) that seemed like the best way to do it since number of views falls every week.

Additionally, I marked where the start of two dances/week was. For a lot of contestants they didn't get a huge bump with the relay/dance off but Jojo consistently brought viewers to both of the ones she was involved in and I wanted to reflect that.

Also. I'm sure this will make Amanda fans happy, but this week not only did she hit highs in her raw number of views for her contemporary (her first dance to reach over 200K within the week of airing) but also her high percentage wise despite being far behind.

Anyway, Cody is the obvious outlier who has never really come close to Youtube popularity but has never hit the bottom. But all this to say. I think Iman is winning.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

tBKyTDH.png

I have made this graph. It was originally the Final 4 but I wanted to better show Iman's rise correlated with Suni who before Iman's contemporary had steadily been holding that #2 spot in views behind Jojo. I also did percentages because 1) I wanted to see how the contestants stacked up next to each other and 2) that seemed like the best way to do it since number of views falls every week.

Additionally, I marked where the start of two dances/week was. For a lot of contestants they didn't get a huge bump with the relay/dance off but Jojo consistently brought viewers to both of the ones she was involved in and I wanted to reflect that.

Also. I'm sure this will make Amanda fans happy, but this week not only did she hit highs in her raw number of views for her contemporary (her first dance to reach over 200K within the week of airing) but also her high percentage wise despite being far behind.

Anyway, Cody is the obvious outlier who has never really come close to Youtube popularity but has never hit the bottom. But all this to say. I think Iman is winning.

Thanks for posting all of this, Megan. This was all such an interesting read and analysis here. 😮 

It is very interesting but not surprising how when big moments happened with the contestants, their views spiked. Such as Suni started off with high views but was losing views, and then once she hit the Bottom 2, her views raises. Cody having some of his highest views when he and Cheryl had COVID. Iman's Contemporary.... obviously that was the game changer we all knew about. Amanda's Contemporary + Bottom 3 appearance. Wow even with JoJo, who always had really high views, even her Bottom 2 appearance helped her raise in views. 😮 But I guess this all takes into effect with lesser contestants in the competition too.

For the last time before the final results... a draft update!

gHIoFil.jpg

Carmen lost their final picks with Olivia and then Suni. Amanda also loses Jimmie while Chris loses Melora. However this draft is now all down to Chris vs. Amanda - can Chris win two drafts running with either Cody or Amanda, or will Amanda win with her remaining picks in JoJo or Iman?

fJ1rAG4.jpg

Diana loses Olivia, Melora and Suni in the last two weeks, and is down to her final team member in Amanda. Meanwhile, Sola loses Jimmie and is down to JoJo. Derek still has his final two picks, Cody and Iman, in the race.

HGSlG2x.jpg

Elliott loses his second member in Jimmie, Akshar loses his second member in Olivia, Ariel loses her first member in Melora, and Alex loses his final team member in Suni. All in all, this comes down to Akshar's final pick (JoJo), Elliott's final pick (Cody), and Ariel's two remaining picks (Amanda and Iman)..

CeAxGws.jpg

Draft 4 is still all to play for as everyone lost a member since the quarter-finals - first Richard (Olivia), followed by Rei (Jimmie), then myself (Melora) and Ana (Suni). Everyone has one final team member going into the finals.

Top 20 Dances on Youtube

1. Jojo & Jenna - Quickstep - Week 1 - 2,667,541

2. Jojo & Jenna - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 2,005,805

3. Iman & Daniella - Contemporary - Week 6 - 1,996,276

4. Jojo & Jenna - Argentine Tango - Week 3 - 1,921,522

5. Jojo & Jenna - Jazz - Week 6 - 1,821,147

6. Jojo & Jenna - Foxtrot - Week 5 - 1,173,598

7. Jojo & Jenna - Viennese Waltz - Week 4a - 1,117,068

8. Suni & Sasha - Jive - Week 1 - 1,114,642

9. Jojo & Jenna - Salsa - Week 8 - 1,098,198

10. Iman & Daniella - Jive - Week 1 - 1,055,672

11. Jojo & Jenna - Tango - Week 7 - 1,049,390

12. Suni & Sasha - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 1,045,222

13. Jojo & Jenna - Paso Doble - Week 4b - 849,831

14. Jojo & Jenna - Contemporary - Week 9 - 841,257

15. Jojo & Jenna - Argentine Tango - Week 9 - 808, 715

16. Mel C & Gleb - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 630,511

17. Jojo/Jenna vs Olivia/Val - Rumba - Week 8 - 582,364

18. Olivia & Val - Salsa - Week 1 - 580,359

19. The Miz & Witney - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 572,725

20. Iman & Daniella - Cha-Cha - Week 8 - 565,378

Highest ranking dance from contestants who didn't make Top 20:

21 - Kenya & Brandon - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 547,351

22 - Brian & Sharna - Foxtrot - Week 1 - 545,655

24 - Matt & Lindsay - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 532,764

39 - Cody & Cheryl - Tango - Week 1 - 375,724

46 - Christine & Pasha - Tango - Week 1 - 322,136

59 - Amanda & Alan - Cha-Cha - Week 3 - 282,485

74 - Melora & Artem - Tango - Week 1 - 218,944

76 - Jimmie & Emma - Contemporary - Week 6 - 212,385

92 - Martin & Britt - Paso Doble - Week 1 - 188,150

Notes:

- This isn't 100% accurate since I started before I left work, then I did some work, and then left to go home, and then finished. But it's close enough.

- I wouldn't be surprised to see if either before the show ends or after the show that Iman's contemporary leaps ahead of Jojo's Cha-Cha for that #2 spot

- On that note, wouldn't be surprised if Jojo ended with 4 routines over 2 million views: her quickstep, cha-cha, Argentine Tango, and her jazz.

- Iman's Contemporary likely the only non-Jojo routine to hit 2,000,000 and he should do so before the night is over.

- Had to extend this to 20 so that we'd get some non-Jojo/Jenna routines on here

- Additionally, the ONLY routine of Jojo's that didn't make this list was her Foxtrot relay which landed at 36

I have a bunch of other DUMB stats if anybody is interested lol. Or any other questions on where any other dance lands.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Top 20 Dances on Youtube

1. Jojo & Jenna - Quickstep - Week 1 - 2,667,541

2. Jojo & Jenna - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 2,005,805

3. Iman & Daniella - Contemporary - Week 6 - 1,996,276

4. Jojo & Jenna - Argentine Tango - Week 3 - 1,921,522

5. Jojo & Jenna - Jazz - Week 6 - 1,821,147

6. Jojo & Jenna - Foxtrot - Week 5 - 1,173,598

7. Jojo & Jenna - Viennese Waltz - Week 4a - 1,117,068

8. Suni & Sasha - Jive - Week 1 - 1,114,642

9. Jojo & Jenna - Salsa - Week 8 - 1,098,198

10. Iman & Daniella - Jive - Week 1 - 1,055,672

11. Jojo & Jenna - Tango - Week 7 - 1,049,390

12. Suni & Sasha - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 1,045,222

13. Jojo & Jenna - Paso Doble - Week 4b - 849,831

14. Jojo & Jenna - Contemporary - Week 9 - 841,257

15. Jojo & Jenna - Argentine Tango - Week 9 - 808, 715

16. Mel C & Gleb - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 630,511

17. Jojo/Jenna vs Olivia/Val - Rumba - Week 8 - 582,364

18. Olivia & Val - Salsa - Week 1 - 580,359

19. The Miz & Witney - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 572,725

20. Iman & Daniella - Cha-Cha - Week 8 - 565,378

Highest ranking dance from contestants who didn't make Top 20:

21 - Kenya & Brandon - Cha-Cha - Week 2 - 547,351

22 - Brian & Sharna - Foxtrot - Week 1 - 545,655

24 - Matt & Lindsay - Cha-Cha - Week 1 - 532,764

39 - Cody & Cheryl - Tango - Week 1 - 375,724

46 - Christine & Pasha - Tango - Week 1 - 322,136

59 - Amanda & Alan - Cha-Cha - Week 3 - 282,485

74 - Melora & Artem - Tango - Week 1 - 218,944

76 - Jimmie & Emma - Contemporary - Week 6 - 212,385

92 - Martin & Britt - Paso Doble - Week 1 - 188,150

Notes:

- This isn't 100% accurate since I started before I left work, then I did some work, and then left to go home, and then finished. But it's close enough.

- I wouldn't be surprised to see if either before the show ends or after the show that Iman's contemporary leaps ahead of Jojo's Cha-Cha for that #2 spot

- On that note, wouldn't be surprised if Jojo ended with 4 routines over 2 million views: her quickstep, cha-cha, Argentine Tango, and her jazz.

- Iman's Contemporary likely the only non-Jojo routine to hit 2,000,000 and he should do so before the night is over.

- Had to extend this to 20 so that we'd get some non-Jojo/Jenna routines on here

- Additionally, the ONLY routine of Jojo's that didn't make this list was her Foxtrot relay which landed at 36

I have a bunch of other DUMB stats if anybody is interested lol. Or any other questions on where any other dance lands.

Megan out here stealing my job, as I was going to do Top 20 views later this or next week. :dead: 

Insane how there are 2, potentially 3, dances that hit 2 million views! :omg: 

But ooooo this is all so fascinating to see. Thanks for posting all of this! :hug: But oooo yes I knew this with JoJo's dances all being within the Top 20. Well I knew all of her dances were in the Top 10 sans the Paso Doble, which was at #11. That was some weeks ago. But not surprised all of her dances made the Top 10 but kinda surprised the Foxtrot relay didn't make it there.

16 hours ago, totes4totes said:

a fun little list:

Largest Growth in Views

1. Christine & Pasha - Week 3 (144.63%)

2. Iman & Daniella - Week 1 (143.59%)

3. Christine & Pasha - Week 2 (138.25%)

4. Christine & Pasha - Week 1 (123.86%)

5. Iman & Daniella - Week 4b (112.84%)

CHRISTINE ROBBED!!!!!!!!

Wow what caused the sudden growth in increase in Chrstine's views? :dead: 

9 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I won my draft with my last pick, who I was essentially stuck with :dead:

I think that applies with Ariel too? :dead: 

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Oh right, I won the draft too. 🎉

By the time of my final picks, I was left with the guys no one cared about and randomly chose Iman (and Jimmie). :dead: 

Not true. I cared about Jimmie. I just stupidly thought Matt's Bachelor fanbase would have been stronger than Jimmie's country fanbase, so went with Matt instead of Jimmie. :dead: I should have chose Iman instead LMAO. :dead: 

my #OFFICIAL #HighlyAnticipated #EveryoneObviouslyCaresAboutMyOpinion:wub: top 10 dances of the season:

1. JoJo & Jenna - Foxtrot

2. JoJo & Jenna - Freestyle

3. Amanda & Alan - Argentine Tango

4. Suni & Sasha - Foxtrot

5. JoJo & Jenna - Contemporary

6. Iman & Daniella - Freestyle

7. Amanda & Alan - Contemporary

8. JoJo & Jenna - Tango

9. JoJo & Jenna - Salsa

10. Suni & Sasha - Contemporary

• Like 1

12 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I think that applies with Ariel too? :dead: 

Not true. I cared about Jimmie. I just stupidly thought Matt's Bachelor fanbase would have been stronger than Jimmie's country fanbase, so went with Matt instead of Jimmie. :dead: I should have chose Iman instead LMAO. :dead: 

Let me rephrase that to “no one but Wally”. I forgot that you like everyone. :giggle: 

• Haha 3