DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I’m interested and I’m picking Suni,

Great, the process of picking won’t start just yet but I’ll provide all the details when it does!

5 hours ago, anaandrade said:

Hi 🙂 I still check in once in a while. Sometimes I just don't  log in. And I would love to participate in the  next draft.

Ah great, thank you!! 🙂 

2 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

I can’t remember what the draft was?

Basically anyone who wants to participate will get assigned to a draft/picking order and get to choose ‘picks’ for their team. The winner will eventually be whoever picked the winning celebrity. Just something fun/extra to include over the season! Hope this helps explain it a little better. :haha:

15 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I’m interested and I’m picking Suni,

It doesn't exactly work like that as we are set in a certain order before we choose our picks.

But the earlier you are in it, the better chance you'll have her. :haha:

15 hours ago, XoBrynn said:

Omg watching this interview with suni from today at the 4.30 mark she talks about how she fell on her head in rehearsal then just got back up like it was nbd as Sasha was worried. Should I laugh orrr. Lol 

She's such a boss. :haha:❤️

Random thought, but I get the feeling Jimmie will go far regardless of how good of a dancer he is. B*bby won and Lauren made it all the way to 4th place, so we know that the entire country music community rallies behind their people when one of them does the show.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah but he's also Black so country music fans aren't gonna rally around him like they do their white blonde girls.

Good point. I'm still curious to see how far he'll go.

Trying to figure out which guy will end up being the inevitable "overstayer" of the season. :haha: 

30 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Good point. I'm still curious to see how far he'll go.

Trying to figure out which guy will end up being the inevitable "overstayer" of the season. :haha: 

My guess is BAG, Cody or the Miz (one or more may end up being good but I think at least one in this group will be in the finals) 

I think Jimmie will last for a little bit though 

• Like 1

As the leaks came in I was kinda thinking Brian was gonna be someone who stayed quite long because I feel like the GP will love the real-life couple storyline. But seeing all pre-season content of him so far, I’m not sure. Even though he was close to signing up last season, he’s made it clear in a couple of interviews that he’s turned down the show a lot before and so I think he’s moreso there for Sharna than he is the whole experience. Which is sweet but I’m not quite sure how it’ll translate in the long run.

My early guess for the overstayer is Miz but  I can also see Jimmie doing well. Cody seems our strongest male contender on paper by far but yet I’m not quite sure if he’s going to be someone who the GP really gets behind. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Matt James is my prediction for a over stayer. I fear we are in for another Grocery Store Joe :dead:

Hopefully not as bad as GSJ, but even if he’s at like a Chris Soules or Sean Lowe level of dance ability (still not very good) he’ll likely get to like Top 6 just for being a Bachelor lead.:dead: 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Hopefully not as bad as GSJ, but even if he’s at like a Chris Soules or Sean Lowe level of dance ability (still not very good) he’ll likely get to like Top 6 just for being a Bachelor lead.:dead: 

Yes, but Bachelor Nation doesn't like him as much as they do Sean Lowe or GSJ. Matt's season was the lowest rated in a long time, it had a very controversial ending, and he's under a million followers on Insta.

• Like 1

Yeah, his season with pretty awful, but I wouldn’t count him out of going far because the Bachelor Nation track record is very good. The only BN member who didn’t make it to the halfway point was Trista way back in season 1.

• Like 1

Obviously this doesn’t represent all Bachelor fans, but remembering the outrage of Chris Harrison’s dismissal from.. certain audiences I’m wondering if there’s some overlap there with the DWTS demographic who would maybe not take to Matt as they have done with his white counterparts in past seasons, considering the whole controversy kinda stemmed from his season?

This is speaking from someone who did not watch Matt’s season though so I’m only really speculating. :haha: I’ve liked what I’ve seen of him so far and I know Bachelor Nation goes hard in the voting so I hope he does ok and if he sucks, doesn’t outstay just welcome too long. :giggle: