DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

I never really ventured into the DWTS threads of IDF, but since it seems like its active now, Ill probably comment a lot more here! 

The cast is honestly is looking pretty iconic and I'm familiar with most of the names except Melora, Iman, Christine, and Matt. The only reason I know Cody is because of TikTok, but I'm lowkey shocked producers considered him relevant enough to cast :dead:

I'm pissed about Britt getting stuck with an oldie and I'm fearing shes going to get treated like Keo going forward, but maybe Martin could shock? lol.

This girls cast is pretty iconic, though. I'm expecting all of us to stan them and then rage when they get voted off while male mediocrity reigns supreme. :dead: 

The men? Meh. I don't think there's a single guy I'm actively rooting for going into the season. :haha:

I will get the weekly rankings thread up soon so everyone has enough time to get their pre-season rankings in.

38 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

The lack of Olympic athletes after the Summer Olympics JUST happened after 5 years and won't happen again soon is so so so stupid tbh 

I wonder if the Olympics being on NBC has any effect here

Aww there's Suni Lee, at least. But yeah, I would have expected another Olympican on the show too. :(

Hmm curious where the Martin Love reports come in?

Ooh and I keep forgetting about Christine but I don't really know her either. But I've may have seen her in interviews. 

I'm still excited to see the cast reveal tomorrow on GMA! There are s number of people I'm looking forward to. Some I don't know or have too much of am opinion on, but I'm open and willing to give everyone a chance and excited to see who can win me over.

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww there's Suni Lee, at least. But yeah, I would have expected another Olympican on the show too. :(

Yeah, after the 2008 Olympics we only got Misty and Maurice Green... then after the 2012 Olympics they did the All Stars season with no new celebs (Aly showed up the next season in 2013), and after the 2016 Olympics we got Laurie and.... Ryan Lochte smh. I'm definitely beyond pleased to see superstar Suni this time around but I was hoping for more, rather than some of what we ended up with here. DWTS is more skewed toward the Winter Olympics I guess

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Another season where we know the whole all the pairs before they even announced the cast :lmao::dead:

And yet, they still insist on keeping the pairs a ~secret~ until the premiere. :dead: 

• Haha 1

Agreed with everything said on Cody too. I've seen a fair amount of hype for him on social media since he got leaked so I guess there's a real Peloton fanbase out there lol. But even so it's a very niche casting for a mainstream show. Not the first time it's happened though where there's been stars of completely different calibres on the same cast. :haha:

I'm excited to get to know him though!

I was hoping Britt wouldn't get the older contestant, that being said I'm kinda excited to see how she works with Martin. She had a great first partner in Johnny and so I'm a little excited to see how she works with the challenge of having someone on the older side.

• Like 1

This cast seems fun! The way they are interviewing them 5 at a time makes this the longest thing ever lmao but still fun!

lmao not Jimmie doing a whole performance with the other 14 contestants having to awkwardly backing dance though. :dead:

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

Oh oop I completely missed the Martin Kove news lol. That's an interesting get. I feel like Cobra Kai's been huge since it hit Netflix so he feels like kind of a big get. He's still not all that famous though lol. He's strong and more agile than we'd expect so he could have potential (for Britt's sake I hope so).

• Like 1

I did not know who Cody was before this but based on social media reactions I almost feel like we could end up with a   Suni-Cody top 2. I didnt know the peloton community went this hard 😅

The Miz seems like hes gonna be super entertaining personality wise which should make for a fun season! He had me cracking up. 

Suni seems really confident with how her rehearsals are going which makes me really excited for her. 

29 minutes ago, *Lily said:

This is our first NFL-less season since Season 21!

It’s about time.

This show’s obsession with casting Bachelor Nation is only surpassed by its obsession with casting football players. :dead: Glad we’re getting a break from the latter.

• Like 1

Also, I’m interested to see which of Amanda/JoJo/Suni get piled on with the ringer backlash on the most. This is reminding me of season 24 with there being multiple female celebs with some sort of dance experience and we all know how that went. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1