🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I just listened to the Peter, Paul and Mary version of "Blowin' In The Wind" for the first time today and I NEED them to cover it for the Semifinals or something.

Ugh yes!!! The harmonies would be immaculate. ✨

18 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I know this will most likely not count as "twist week" but I think GNT would have a good cover of "What Could've Been" by Gone West. (I hear this song on the radio a lot).

I like that song that would be cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

I know this will most likely not count as "twist week" but I think GNT would have a good cover of "What Could've Been" by Gone West. (I hear this song on the radio a lot).

Omg, this is perfect for them. 🥺 Thanks for suggesting. 

I believe GNT will do a Christian/Gospel song this week for the “out of genre”.

Also, I can see their duet with Kelly being a Holiday song. Most likely “Silent Night”. They would all sound AMAZING on it!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice said:

I believe GNT will do a Christian/Gospel song this week for the “out of genre”.

Also, I can see their duet with Kelly being a Holiday song. Most likely “Silent Night”. They would all sound AMAZING on it!!

That’s definitely a possibility. I’m sure Minivan would love that. :haha:

That would be BEAUTIFUL! 🤩

5 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Is anyone else aware of this?

Last week, they were featured on The Best of the Week. They've now appeared in at least six global publications.

Yes. We’ve been posting those videos in here each week they appeared (they’re not in this weeks edition though) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This may sound harsh, but if "The Bundys" and "Worth the Wait" can appear in two global Voice videos, GNT should appear in at least ten to twelve videos😁 (they will definitely get 1 or 2 global video after their The Voice Journey irrespectiveof the results)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arsh said:

This may sound harsh, but if "The Bundys" and "Worth the Wait" can appear in two global Voice videos, GNT should appear in at least ten to twelve videos😁 (they will definitely get 1 or 2 global video after their The Voice Journey irrespectiveof the results)

If they win, I think they get an extra Voice Global video just for that. Best auditions of the year is also a possibility for them. Of course, many of the really popular auditions in the franchise keep showing up years after their auditions air. 

• Like 2

What do ya'll think about Country Road for them (listened back to their album)?

I wouldn't normally think of it here but I suspect it would go over well with TV's audience (not IDF lol). I always think of it as John Denver trying to be James Taylor but it's been engulfed by country at this point. GNT's version leans country but not entirely and features Caleb (I think), which might be a good idea. I don't hate it despite having heard it too many times, and they do it well and differently  Wouldn't really be my choice but they like to do things they've covered.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mohammad said:

A song suggestion that would honestly fit them well is New York State of mind by Billy Joel.

A sibling trio from a small, rural town in Ohio singing NYSOM would certainly be interesting, but I’ll add it anyway. :haha: It’s a good fit for their voices. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

What do ya'll think about Country Road for them (listened back to their album)?

I wouldn't normally think of it here but I suspect it would go over well with TV's audience (not IDF lol). I always think of it as John Denver trying to be James Taylor but it's been engulfed by country at this point. GNT's version leans country but not entirely and features Caleb (I think), which might be a good idea. I don't hate it despite having heard it too many times, and they do it well and differently  Wouldn't really be my choice but they like to do things they've covered.

Not my top choice, but they would definitely do well with it. Interestingly enough, I don't think they have sung any songs that they’ve covered before,  in the lives. 🤔 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

A sibling trio from a small, rural town in Ohio singing NYSOM would certainly be interesting, but I’ll add it anyway. :haha: It’s a good fit for their voices. 

Now that I think about it, there are plenty of Billy Joel songs that fit their voices (a lot of his older ones would be good for them)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Since they're still geolocked in my country, I haven't gotten to rewatch many of their performances lately, so I just watched them all on FB in succession and I feel like I might ascend now. Goodbye world.

I have to do that one day. I usually do it with past contestants when their time on the show is done.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

They haven´t really rocked yet. "The Chain" could give them a chance to do so.

Yeah, they showed potential for that in “Creep.” I feel that “The Chain” will really allow them to showcase their stage presence.