🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

20 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

After hearing their audition, I absolutely wasn't expecting them to top it, but when I saw the video of them performing Wichita Lineman, I figured the KO would have the potential to be something beyond excellent.

And it surely was. Wow! I still can’t get over it!

• Like 1

Girl Named Tom really had an incredible prelives run.

They were in all three premieres and opened the Blinds, got leaked in the Battles and closed in the Knockouts. Not to mention that they got a four chair turn in Blinds, and won against very good opponents that got multiple steals in both Battles and Knockouts. As a matter of fact, Kinsey got a four chair save in Battles and Holly was also a four chair turn.

I consider all three performances from them to be at least in my Top 2 of the round. And they honestly improved every round in the prelives, which is another great sign. They even showed more with their backstory, as they didn’t mention anything in auditions, talked about themselves in the battles and opened up about their father in Knockouts. And I have to include that their Knockout is my favorite performance of the season so far.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Just wanted to point this out cause it’s kinda cool…

GNT’s cover of Wichita Lineman is currently #46 on iTunes. Their performance was 2 days ago, so it probably went higher.

Awesome!!  HOw did you find this information?  Is it their version from "Hits from the Road" or actual Voice footage?

13 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Added, and I agree with both sentiments. ;) 

Same here. That was also my favorite performance from a duo or trio, and I forgot to add in my comments that their Knockout made me think they could win Season 21.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

GNT’s cover of Wichita Lineman is currently #46 on iTunes. Their performance was 2 days ago, so it probably went higher.

Wow, that’s insane! 😳 It’s at #48 now, according to this site

• Like 1

So happy that they killed Wichita Lineman.  I have not been this excited for a contestant/group in a long time.  Glad this forum lets me fanboy over them. 🤩

Looking at the YouTube views, various polls on the Internet, and now iTunes, it seems like they are the front runners and have a lot of momentum going into the live rounds.  I am glad several of us in this forum think they can win the whole thing.  Though far from over, I also think they have a great chance to win The Voice due to several things.

They sound great individually, and then their harmonies can't be touched.  They are also very consistent in their sound with almost never a bad note.

They have great stage presence and personality.  I read a couple of reviews that commented how magnetic they are.  They really have that "it" factor.

They are great song writers.  Though they can't sing any of their originals, till possibly the end, this shows when they rearrange a song to make it their own.  That ending of Wichita Lineman was amazing.

Some other factors unique to The Voice are also playing well for them.  Their mix of country, folk, rock, and even pop, covers a lot of genres to appeal to a wide variety of viewers.  They have a WGWG.  Not sure if there are team quotas this year but IMO they are the strongest on Team Kelly and Kelly's TCO, so getting to the finale looks good.

Finally, they do have an ace up their sleeve, the God card.  If they sing Hallelujah or perhaps their song 23 in the finale.....

Girl Named Tom - For The Win 😀 🤞 🍀

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Girl Named Tom really had an incredible prelives run.

They were in all three premieres and opened the Blinds, got leaked in the Battles and closed in the Knockouts. Not to mention that they got a four chair turn in Blinds, and won against very good opponents that got multiple steals in both Battles and Knockouts. As a matter of fact, Kinsey got a four chair save in Battles and Holly was also a four chair turn.

I consider all three performances from them to be at least in my Top 2 of the round. And they honestly improved every round in the prelives, which is another great sign. They even showed more with their backstory, as they didn’t mention anything in auditions, talked about themselves in the battles and opened up about their father in Knockouts. And I have to include that their Knockout is my favorite performance of the season so far.

They sure did. ;) 

Yeah, they got all the good spots (good to know the producers are on their sign. :yes:)

I agree. They got better and better rest round with their KO being the best of the season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

As it should be. ;) It’s at #50 now, I think!