🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

They have a recorded version of that song too, btw…

If they did Carolina In My Mind and had a moment , then I am sure they got a standing O ,yes Holly was there up against  but sources did say it was legendary KO pairing and you can’t call a KO legendary unless both of them were PHENOMENAL and had a moment. Yes sources did prefer Holly , but they said that GNT wasn’t there style of preference but they were still very good , so this KO will most likely come down to preference , it would definitely be one of the best subjective KO’s if not the most subjective KO this season . Plus I could see minivan liking them even more, because Carolina in my mind is a country-adjacent and minivan friendly song , and it was written by a legend , James Taylor.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

^ I agree with everything here, @Mohammad. Just try to keep spoilers to a minimum or use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling casual fans who might be reading and want to follow along with the show. ;) 

My thoughts: 

I definitely thinks it’s possible that they sang that for their KO. The whole Knockout was described as legendary, so I’m sure both acts did great. The source preferring Holly could simply just be because she was more in their lane genre-wise. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I listened to their IG live just now and here's some things I learned. They were originally going to pick Blake since he has won a lot but he was being mean to Kelly and that turned them off. They didn't consider Ariana because she was new and they didn't know what to expect from her. 

Bekah's musical influences are Joni Mitchell, Dolly Parton and Kacey Musgraves. Short haired guy went with Coldplay and John Mayer so her taste is better than his lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Voice said:

GNT is Live on IG. They said that they had planned on going with Blake before the show. But they said he was being a jerk to Kelly and they really liked what Kelly said. They also said that Ariana was too much of a risk.

19 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I listened to their IG live just now and here's some things I learned. They were originally going to pick Blake since he has won a lot but he was being mean to Kelly and that turned them off. They didn't consider Ariana because she was new and they didn't know what to expect from her. 

Bekah's musical influences are Joni Mitchell, Dolly Parton and Kacey Musgraves. Short haired guy went with Coldplay and John Mayer so her taste is better than his lol.

Dang it, I can’t believe I missed their live! :(  

Interesting. 🤔 I think Kelly is a good coach for them because she is versatile, like they are. 🙂 

I never would have expected them to pick Ari. 💀 

I knew Bekah loved Joni, but slay with those other two influences. :wub:  💀 at that last sentence. 

46 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He definitely was on the highest pressure position on the blind. We´ll see if Joshua and Bekah let him take a break in battles lol. 

Yeah, definitely. I’m glad everything worked out. At least they’ll have a fourth vocalist in the Battles. 👀 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Bk1234 said:

🎤 "'The Voice': Stunning Vocal Trio Girl Named Tom Gets the First 4-Chair Turn of Season 21" 🤩

https://www.etonline.com/the-voice-stunning-vocal-trio-girl-named-tom-gets-the-first-4-chair-turn-of-season-21-172531?amp&fbclid=IwAR3b0GHjpfqNvYAO4Ssf0ceC-G3lGw0_Qj4GVAnYQ9FQMsywhS8tZiWWJUY

Screen%20Shot%202021-09-20%20at%208.08.47%20PM.png?h=f31582a2&itok=85tJeCFr
"The Voice season 21 Blind Auditions kicked off with a four-chair turn for an impressive vocal trio!

On Monday's season premiere, siblings Bekah, Caleb and Joshua Liechty, who perform as a group called Girl Named Tom, wowed the coaches with their cover of Crosby, Stills & Nash's 'Helplessly Hoping.'

Kelly Clarkson and John Legend turned their chairs almost immediately, and were later joined by Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton.

'I loved how tightly-knit those harmonies were,' Ariana raved, telling the trio she already had plans for songs she wanted them to cover. 'My favorite part is vocal production, and adding all of these layers. That's like my dream, when you guys started, I was so surprised in the best way.'

'I grew up singing with my family in Ohio,' John said, appealing to the siblings' story. 'I've arranged for a cappella and gospel, and so I've always loved what harmonies can do when they're done right.'

Their pitches, however, fell short of Kelly's enthusiasm for the group, and -- despite Blake's best efforts -- Kelly landed Girl Named Tom to her team, kicking off the season 21 rosters with a three-for-one!"

I added an article to the "Milestones, News, and Praise" section of the OP. I believe @C12Lou originally shared it in here. It provides a nice summary of their audition. ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torres said:

Artist                 YT             FB          IG

GNT                      1M             2.2M      406k

Looks like GNT is doing pretty well across the board! 🙂 They have a ton of crossover appeal, so I can see why. ;) 

Thanks @Torres for compiling these stats. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, FloorWax said:

Reacts

Episode 1:

1. Vaughn Mugol - 54K (leak)

2. Girl Named Tom - 47K

3. Peedy Chavis - 28K

4. Katie Rae - 14K

T5. Jonathan Mouton - 10K

T5. Kinsey Rose - 10K

7. Katherine Ann Mohler - 8K

8. Jack Rogan - 5.1K

9. Wendy Moten - 4.4K

Views

Episode 1:

T1. Girl Named Tom - 2.3M

T1. Vaughn Mugol - 2.3M (leak)

3. Peedy Chavis - 1.3M

4. Kinsey Rose - 674K

5. Katie Rae - 486K

6. Wendy Moten - 454K

7. Katherine Ann Mohler - 298K

8. Jack Rogan - 276K

9. Jonathan Mouton - 246K

Shares

Episode 1:

1. Girl Named Tom - 5.1K

2. Vaughn Mugol - 4.8K (leak)

3. Peedy Chavis - 3.7K

4. Kinsey Rose - 870

5. Katie Rae - 782

6. Jonathan Mouton - 600

7. Katherine Ann Mohler - 331

8. Jack Rogan - 268

9. Wendy Moten - 254

And here’s their Facebook stats compared to the other Episode 1 contestants. To summarize, they’re doing REALLY well!

Thank you to @FloorWax for compiling these. I know it is difficult visiting Facebook every day. :dead:

• Like 2

Sent my mom their audition a couple days ago and she watched it this morning - big thumbs up from her.

Also, on rewatching, very clever with the “one person, two alone, three together” bit gradually introducing the siblings into the harmonies + teasing the fact they were a trio to the coaches that were still turned around.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Sent my mom their audition a couple days ago and she watched it this morning - big thumbs up from her.

Also, on rewatching, very clever with the “one person, two alone, three together” bit gradually introducing the siblings into the harmonies + teasing the fact they were a trio to the coaches that were still turned around.

Yay, that’s great to hear!!! 😁

I didn’t even notice that. 💀 You guys are so good at noticing the little details. 

23 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I love how you always appreciate the instrumentation behind a performance. You’re completely right though, he was on his own there. Props to him for delivering and creating a magical performance. 

I noticed on one of his Facebook posts he said how thankful he is that he didn't screw it up for his brother and sister!  Oh duh, I see this is very old news - sorry all!

Edited by Joeamos
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

And here’s their Facebook stats compared to the other Episode 1 contestants. To summarize, they’re doing REALLY well!

Thank you to @FloorWax for compiling these. I know it is difficult visiting Facebook every day. :dead:

I was so excited to see GNT leading polls there. Hopefully this is a good indicator of their success on the show. I think they have potential to go really far

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

Just remembered that John suggested Bon Iver and Sufjan Stevens for them, so here's a song from each that I think would be excellent choices.

Sufjan Stevens - Death With Dignity

Bon Iver - Towers

The songs aren't the most eventful for a singing competition, but knowing GNT, they could definitely take the songs somewhere bigger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1