🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

The thing is that , they don’t realize that for group acts it’s harder in way because you don’t have to only worry about yourself but the other person or people you are sing with , because if one messes up the entire duo/trio/group crumbles unless you have a miracle and pick your self up like nothing even happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

The thing is that , they don’t realize that for group acts it’s harder in way because you don’t have to only worry about yourself but the other person or people you are sing with , because if one messes up the entire duo/trio/group crumbles unless you have a miracle and pick your self up like nothing even happened.

Exactly. There are more opportunities for the performance to fall apart with multiple people. Luckily, GNT seems to be on top of that stuff though. ;) 

• Like 3

Also I loved Kelly's reference of Johnny Cash's "Hurt". I get in my feels every time I listen to it, and I feel like it wouldn't only be a great song choice for them but Kelly had a great point that they can really switch up songs to give them this somber and emotional vibe. 

That makes me think that they can literally sing any song and make it their own with their harmonies and the way they approach it, that's their talent. And now I am obsessed 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mohammad said:

The thing they have going for each other is that they are family, have been singing together since childhood, tour together, live together, know each other better than anyone.  They are each other's best friends.  They are so musically gifted, each one.  Each writing songs, playing multiple instruments, harmonizing on the fly, etc.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, C12Lou said:

The thing they have going for each other is that they are family, have been singing together since childhood, tour together, live together, know each other better than anyone.  They are each other's best friends.  They are so musically gifted, each one.  Each writing songs, playing multiple instruments, harmonizing on the fly, etc.

Exactly. That familial bond will help them better understand each other.

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Henny those HARMONIES!!!! I've had their audition on replay non stop!

Edit: no bcs after this audition I NEED them to cover Bon Iver at some point this season pls

YES!!! For Wendy, it's those high notes and for these guys, it's the harmonies!!! :w00tbounce:

And yes to that artist suggestion. ;) 

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also I loved Kelly's reference of Johnny Cash's "Hurt". I get in my feels every time I listen to it, and I feel like it wouldn't only be a great song choice for them but Kelly had a great point that they can really switch up songs to give them this somber and emotional vibe. 

That makes me think that they can literally sing any song and make it their own with their harmonies and the way they approach it, that's their talent. And now I am obsessed 

Exactly. That's the beauty of GNT's versatility. :wub: I'm so excited to see their song choices throughout the competition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

On August 24, The Voice Global posted a video called “Extraordinary Trios on The Voice.” I think they should have waited until September to post that video because Girl Named Tom would have definitely been there. 

Honestly. They are already one of the best in the show’s history and we’ve only seen their audition. 😅

• Like 1

They sang their audition song in this video. It’s good that the producers let them sing something they are comfortable with. 

If you haven’t seen their livestreams, check them out. There are eight of them on their channel, and they sing originals and covers, including some songs outside their genre (they’ll probably stick to songs within their genre).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

They sang their audition song in this video. It’s good that the producers let them sing something they are comfortable with. 

If you haven’t seen their livestreams, check them out. There are eight of them on their channel, and they sing originals and covers, including some songs outside their genre (they’ll probably stick to songs within their genre).

I really need to watch more of these livestreams. There are so many good covers in them! I didn’t even notice that they sang “Hopelessly Hoping” in this. 😅 And yeah, that could indicate that the producers are on their side, which is always good. 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Have to comment on Caleb's guitar playing. Simple arpeggios and strumming, but it was all him, no band, he drove the performance from an instrumental standpoint, and harmonized well at the same time.

I love how you always appreciate the instrumentation behind a performance. You’re completely right though, he was on his own there. Props to him for delivering and creating a magical performance. 

• Like 2