🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

24 minutes ago, jamescasaki said:

Yes the mother doughters  from sids Season we did not get to see them until Gwen turned it was very fast turn though 

Oh ok, Worth the Wait had it then. It’s definitely possible and would make for a nice surprise if only one of them opens the song. 

8 hours ago, jamescasaki said:

I wonder what song they sang they got 4 chairs saw must of been incredible like always from them I hope kelly and the people voting keep them for a long time on the show

Yeah, I’m sure their audition will be incredible! 🤩 

Just now, jamescasaki said:

i couldn't see there audition  the stream im using keeps cutting saw im waiting for there performance on YouTube

They sounded AMAZING!!! Their harmonies were flawless and they covered one of the songs from their latest album. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

They sounded AMAZING!!! Their harmonies were flawless and they covered one of the songs from their latest album. 

Honestly, how much would you rate them out of 10 , I can’t watch the show 

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

I'll be paying close attention to Girl Named Tom, this season. Still not convinced about picking them as my "snowflake". However, I wanna join their fan thread, they really gave me a couple of ideas. I checked their Youtube channel and I think it tracks. 

Well, they like Joni Mitchell and Peter, Paul and Mary. 

I feel like Both Sides Now, by Joni, is an interesting pick for them. Maybe Peter, Paul and Mary is too... on the nose. 

Brandi Carlile however, can serve just right. Not Story or The Joke, though. Both of these songs were built so Brandi can show her "solo" vocal prowess. There are other songs meant to show her harmony with the twins. Some more "obscure" in her catalog. However, i'd say The Eye is a single and maybe a good pick, since it's entirely built on harmonies. 

Also, even though Simon and Garfunkel is also a bit on the nose, I feel like there is a song that would be beautiful in their harmony. Kathy's Song. At least in the original, Paul Simon sings by himself, but I'm sure The Voice would build beautiful harmonies with them and as a trio, it would be somewhat fresh. 

I have no idea how effective these songs would actually be. If effective at all, but I feel like it's at least on their wheelhouse.  

Edited by SNI2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, season1 said:

I love their audition. Well deserved season opener. :thumbs: Season winner? ;)

I didn't see their video package. Did they have one?

Yeah, the harmonies were ✨magical✨

I don’t think they had one.

• Like 1

I had my eye on Girl Named Tom since the preseason, because they have a ton of videos on YouTube of their Livestreams. I waited to see their audition, but I finally saw it after a 2 hour delay. It was a well deserved Four Chair Turn and I want to see them go far on the show. I also love how they got four chairs on the word “Four”. Please add me, they have potential to be my favorite group act in 21 seasons

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'll be paying close attention to Girl Named Tom, this season. Still not convinced about picking them as my "snowflake". However, I wanna join their fan thread, they really gave me a couple of ideas. I checked their Youtube channel and I think it tracks. 

Well, they like Joni Mitchell and Peter, Paul and Mary. 

I feel like Both Sides Now, by Joni, is an interesting pick for them. Maybe Peter, Paul and Mary is too... on the nose. 

Brandi Carlile however, can serve just right. Not Story or The Joke, though. Both of these songs were built so Brandi can show her "solo" vocal prowess. There are other songs meant to show her harmony with the twins. Some more "obscure" in her catalog. However, i'd say The Eye is a single and maybe a good pick, since it's entirely built on harmonies. 

Also, even though Simon and Garfunkel is also a bit on the nose, I feel like there is a song that would be beautiful in their harmony. Kathy's Song. At least in the original, Paul Simon sings by himself, but I'm sure The Voice would build beautiful harmonies with them and as a trio, it would be somewhat fresh. 

I have no idea how effective these songs would actually be. If effective at all, but I feel like it's at least on their wheelhouse.  

These are all great song suggestions (I added all the bolded ones to the list. ;)) Added you! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I had my eye on Girl Named Tom since the preseason, because they have a ton of videos on YouTube of their Livestreams. I waited to see their audition, but I finally saw it after a 2 hour delay. It was a well deserved Four Chair Turn and I want to see them go far on the show. I also love how they got four chairs on the word “Four”. Please add me, they have potential to be my favorite group act in 21 seasons

Well, better late than never (even if it’s only the beginning of their on-show journey.) ;) Added you! 🙂 And wow, what a coincidence with them turning four on the word “four”! :haha:

• Like 1