🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

13 hours ago, sydneysam said:

AND yaaay, another studio recording from them :ohyeah:

This isn’t live, but since we were on the topic of studio versions, I just had to share this masterpiece. 

THE HARMONIES!!! 😳🤯 They have so much power behind them! I’ll be listening to GNT’s studio versions ALL DAY, I just know it! ;) 

• Like 1

I think someone mentioned it in the first few pages of the thread, but they do have a mash-up of “Girl Crush” and “Like I’m Gonna Lose You.” “Girl Crush” could come in handy if they’re trying to gain Minivan (the main audience) points. ;) Strategic stuff aside though, it’s a really good cover. Bekah leads in this one with her beautiful voice. 🥰 Caleb really helps with the transition to “Like I’m Gonna Lose You.” His guitar playing is excellent and it’s so cool to see all three of them playing different instruments. The supporting voices of Caleb and Josh paired with Bekah’s amazing voice really help to elevate the cover. :yes:

They actually have a studio version of this mash-up on their latest album…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSniGnPLDOq/?utm_medium=copy_link
4336-B92-A-5-ADD-4232-8-F64-5245-B58090-

F3-FD596-C-3565-4-CBA-9067-96548-A36-CD1

First of all, just take a look at this set list… 👀 

D7-D269-FF-C5-EF-4942-832-A-4-DA5-BB1-DD

“Evergreen,” “Backup Plan,” “Billie Jean,” AND “Purple Rain”?! Now that’s I show I’d want to be at! 🤩 Plus, did anyone else notice “Jolene” on there? I’m assuming it’s the Dolly Parton song, meaning they’re not afraid to sing country. 🤠

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m assuming it’s the Dolly Parton song, meaning they’re not afraid to sing country. 🤠

Yeah, it’s definitely the Dolly Parton song. They have a recorded cover of it in their latest album. It’s really good (I added it to my playlist) and if this was the first GNT track I listened to, I would have guessed that they were country. :yes: I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was their battle song. It fits the group and Kinsey very well. ;) 

Edited by Bk1234

On 7/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Bk1234 said:

Song-Suggestions-for-Girl-Named-Tom-1.png

“Neon Moon” by Brooks & Dunn

“God Only Knows” by for KING & COUNTRY

“All Your Life” by The Band Perry

“This Boy” by The Beatles

“Carolina in My Mind” by James Taylor

“Gravity” by Sara Bareilles

“Purple Rain” by Prince

Also, sorry if I’m spamming, but if you guys have any song suggestions for GNT, please feel free to share them. ;) 

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If they want Minivan points, the Little Big Town catalogue is right there waiting for them.

Yep :yes: Would you recommend “Girl Crush”? The song isn’t new to them, so they would have no issue singing it again on the show. 

Edited by Bk1234

58 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If they want Minivan points, the Little Big Town catalogue is right there waiting for them.

I literally just came here to suggest a Little Big Town song lmaooo

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This is one of my favorite ones. It features a male as the lead vocalist, so I could hear Caleb's tone on this one, but Bekah could certainly take the lead as well.

This is a really good one too! 😁 You’re right, Caleb’s tone sounds similar to the tone of the male lead in the original. I’d be fine with Bekah taking the lead on this one. That might even make their cover of the song more interesting and unique. ;) 

34 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This is one of my favorite ones. It features a male as the lead vocalist, so I could hear Caleb's tone on this one, but Bekah could certainly take the lead as well.

I added this to the song suggestion list, by the way. ;) 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Bk1234 said:

Song-Suggestions-for-Girl-Named-Tom-1.png

“Neon Moon” by Brooks & Dunn

“God Only Knows” by for KING & COUNTRY

“All Your Life” by The Band Perry

“This Boy” by The Beatles

“Carolina in My Mind” by James Taylor

“Gravity” by Sara Bareilles

“Purple Rain” by Prince

“Girl Crush” by Little Big Town

“The Breaker” by Little Big Town

“Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac

“How Will I Know” by Whitney Houston

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

I want GNT to sing Dreams by Fleetwood Mac , Carolina On My Mind by James Taylor, and How Will I Know by Whitney Houston

but with a folk/indie arrangement. That’s what I love most about GNT .There arrangements and when there voices come together are what makes a lot of the songs they sing better IMO

Credit to @Mohammad for these excellent song suggestions from the spoiler thread. ;) I’d actually be really interested in seeing their take on HWIK. By the way, I don’t think you’re on the fan list yet, would you like to be added? 

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Bk1234 said:

Credit to @Mohammad for these excellent song suggestions from the spoiler thread. ;) I’d actually be really interested in seeing their take on HWIK. By the way, I don’t think you’re on the fan list yet, would you like to be added? 

Yes please, sorry for the late reply.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Thanks 1