🌻 Girl Named Tom Fan Thread 🌻

Bk1234

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Could you share it please? I'm assuming its the Eagles version, it'll be interesting to see them take on the Dolly one on the show.

towards the end of the video.

edit: not the triple post :dead:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

So umm... has anybody pointed out yet that GNT already has a cover of their battle song? It's not the Dolly Parton version, but it exists.

Oh wow, I didn’t know that! Thanks for sharing. I’ll be sure to watch it later when I get the chance. ;) 

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Could you share it please? I'm assuming its the Eagles version, it'll be interesting to see them take on the Dolly one on the show.

This is literally the perfect song choice for that pairing. GNT already has a cover of the original (meaning they’re clearly comfortable singing it) and Kinsey has been covering Dolly for years. 

Omg, go listen to “Oh, What a World” (Kacey Musgraves) cover! It starts around 03:09. Bekah’s voice sounds SO good on the song and I love the little vocal subtleties throughout it. 🥰

I can’t believe I haven’t thought of Kacey Musgraves for them. How do you guys think they’d do on “Butterflies”?

29 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Omg, go listen to “Oh, What a World” (Kacey Musgraves) cover! It starts around 03:09. Bekah’s voice sounds SO good on the song and I love the little vocal subtleties throughout it. 🥰

I can’t believe I haven’t thought of Kacey Musgraves for them. How do you guys think they’d do on “Butterflies”?

That would be MAGICAL!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mohammad said:

OMG , What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong would suit them so well. The HARMONIES , I want them to perform this song like ASAP. 

I added it and yes, just imagining those harmonies gives me CHILLS!!! ☺️

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Yeah , they are so amazing, they can make any song fit them , then give us chills with their harmonies, no wonder Kelly loves them.

Yeah, they definitely seem to have caught Kelly’s attention. Let’s hope that continues in the Playoffs, just in case they need the coach save. I honestly think they have the tools to get one of the PV slots though, so we might not need to worry about that. 🤔 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, they definitely seem to have caught Kelly’s attention. Let’s hope that continues in the Playoffs, just in case they need the coach save. I honestly think they have the tools to get one of the PV slots though, so we might not need to worry about that. 🤔 

Yeah , they are country adjacent plus if they deliver live well with a country song , i think they can get pv

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Yeah , they are country adjacent plus if they deliver live well with a country song , i think they can get pv

I don’t know if they’d classify as “country adjacent,” but their ability to do country songs well will surely come in handy in the live shows. Let’s just hope their POs performance is enough to get them one of those PVs. 🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know if they’d classify as “country adjacent,” but their ability to do country songs well will surely come in handy in the live shows. Let’s just hope their POs performance is enough to get them one of those PVs. 🤞

Yeah , hope so . Did you notice that Caleb has more of a southern/country tone and it shows in both backup plan and Carolina in my mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Mohammad said:

Yeah , hope so . Did you notice that Caleb has more of a southern/country tone and it shows in both backup plan and Carolina in my mind.

That’s true. Ironically, I think they’re from Ohio. :haha: You’re right though, their voices suit the genre well. 

• Haha 1