Jump to content

๐–๐ž๐ง๐๐ฒ ๐Œ๐จ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐…๐š๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐š๐


Bk1234
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Thank you for posting the link. It was good to hear from Wendy.

ย 

Some highlights from the 59-minute live:

ย 

Wendy started physical therapy five days after the Dec. 17 surgery. She goes three days a week. Her left arm is still held in a sling, but it's improving.

ย 

Wendy said, "I've always sung all kinds of music. That's what I do." She explained later, "Like look, I'm not a country singer. I'm just a singer that loves singing country songs."

ย 

She'd like a show in Nashville doing both "classic and new" songs. "I just love singing great songs," she said.

ย 

Wendy sang snippets of songs requested during the live.

ย 

Wendy has some shows coming up, and some that have been canceled because of COVID. The April 2 show at Halloran Centre at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis is sold out. Tickets go on sale Tuesday for an added show on April 3. Her Lincoln Center show in New York has been moved to May. Wendy hopes her arm is healed enough to perform with The Time Jumpers at 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville by February.

ย 

Manny and Paris joined the live. Manny sang in church right before coming on. Paris was able to spend the holidays with his parents for the first time in almost a decade. He had a Feb. 11 show set, but it was postponed due to COVID. Paris said an EP with two originals and his version of Tennessee Whiskey is coming out soon.

ย 

Jonathan and Gymani were supposed to join; Wendy didn't see them on Instagram. She hopes to stay in touch with fans via regular short lives.

ย 

Wendy asked people to send a message about what style of music they want her to sing for her next project.

ย 

In an effort to increase her social media numbers, Wendy will give away three older records Jan. 31. She'll autograph them. Wendy revealed that she hasn't been able to write since Nov. 23. Yesterday was the first time she tried to sign her name.

ย 

Edited by RTV
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RTV said:

Thank you for posting the link. It was good to hear from Wendy.

ย 

Some highlights from the 59-minute live:

ย 

Wendy started physical therapy five days after the Dec. 17 surgery. She goes three days a week. Her left arm is still held in a sling, but it's improving.

ย 

Wendy said, "I've always sung all kinds of music. That's what I do." She explained later, "Like look, I'm not a country singer. I'm just a singer that loves singing country songs."

ย 

She'd like a show in Nashville doing both "classic and new" songs. "I just love singing great songs," she said.

ย 

Wendy sang snippets of songs requested during the live.

ย 

Wendy has some shows coming up, and some that have been canceled because of COVID. The April 2 show at Halloran Centre at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis is sold out. Tickets go on sale Tuesday for an added show on April 3. Her Lincoln Center show in New York has been moved to May. Wendy hopes her arm is healed enough to perform with The Time Jumpers at 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville by February.

ย 

Manny and Paris joined the live. Manny sang in church right before coming on. Paris was able to spend the holidays with his parents for the first time in almost a decade. He had a Feb. 11 show set, but it was postponed due to COVID. Paris said an EP with two originals and his version of Tennessee Whiskey is coming out soon.

ย 

Jonathan and Gymani were supposed to join; Wendy didn't see them on Instagram. She hopes to stay in touch with fans via regular short lives.

ย 

Wendy asked people to send a message about what style of music they want her to sing for her next project.

ย 

In an effort to increase her social media numbers, Wendy will give away three older records Jan. 31. She'll autograph them. Wendy revealed that she hasn't been able to write since Nov. 23. Yesterday was the first time she tried to sign her name.

ย 

Thanks for the recap! ๐Ÿค I didnโ€™t get to see the entire thing.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Thanks for the recap! ๐Ÿค I didnโ€™t get to see the entire thing.ย 

You're welcome! I thought some people might not have time to watch it. Wendy seemed excited about connecting with new fans she gained during the show. David was helping Wendy keep track of the Facebook comments, and they had a few technical difficulties with that connection. Hopefully he'll interrupt Wendy less often next time so the live will have a smoother flow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, RTV said:

You're welcome! I thought some people might not have time to watch it. Wendy seemed excited about connecting with new fans she gained during the show. David was helping Wendy keep track of the Facebook comments, and they had a few technical difficulties with that connection. Hopefully he'll interrupt Wendy less often next time so the live will have a smoother flow.

Yeah, they were talking over each other at times. :haha: It was cute and wholesome though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

So good to see Wendy recovering well.

Canโ€™t wait for her first live show. Would love to go and see her in Memphis.๐Ÿ˜Š

Yeah, it definitely looks like her arm is doing better.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RTV said:

Jill O'Rourke posted an article based on the live.

https://talentrecap.com/the-voice-runner-up-wendy-moten-updates-fans-on-music-surgeryย 

ย 

5 hours ago, RTV said:

Ooh, thatโ€™s interesting. Iโ€™ve never seen people write about a Voice artistโ€™s live before. ๐Ÿ˜ฎย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

ย 

Ooh, thatโ€™s interesting. Iโ€™ve never seen people write about a Voice artistโ€™s live before. ๐Ÿ˜ฎย 

Weโ€™ve also never had someone quite like Wendy before (in terms of the sheer volume and variety of pre-show experiences in the music industry), and Iโ€™d imagine thereโ€™s at least a few casual viewers of the show who might not keep up with her closely but wonder how sheโ€™s doing post-fall.ย 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Weโ€™ve also never had someone quite like Wendy before (in terms of the sheer volume and variety of pre-show experiences in the music industry), and Iโ€™d imagine thereโ€™s at least a few casual viewers of the show who might not keep up with her closely but wonder how sheโ€™s doing post-fall.ย 

Thatโ€™s true. Her pre-show career and more recently, that fall (๐Ÿ˜ข), have definitely brought some added interest.ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Monday, January 17, the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis, and Shelby County will host the 20th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Game. The game versus the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will feature a National Anthem performance by Wendy as well as a halftime tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Wendy and other special guests.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-muggsy-bogues-elvin-hayes-and-allan-houston-as-part-of-team-s-20th-annual-martin-luther-king-jr-day-celebration-game-220111

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RTV said:

On Monday, January 17, the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis, and Shelby County will host the 20th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Game. The game versus the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will feature a National Anthem performance by Wendy as well as a halftime tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Wendy and other special guests.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-muggsy-bogues-elvin-hayes-and-allan-houston-as-part-of-team-s-20th-annual-martin-luther-king-jr-day-celebration-game-220111

Let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the event....

ย 

Also note from the article:

ย 

The MLK Celebration Game vs. the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT in a side-by-side telecast, broadcasting regionally on Bally Sports Southeast and nationally on TNT.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RTV said:

On Monday, January 17, the Memphis Grizzlies, National Civil Rights Museum, City of Memphis, and Shelby County will host the 20th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Game. The game versus the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT and will feature a National Anthem performance by Wendy as well as a halftime tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Wendy and other special guests.

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/memphis-grizzlies-to-honor-muggsy-bogues-elvin-hayes-and-allan-houston-as-part-of-team-s-20th-annual-martin-luther-king-jr-day-celebration-game-220111

Ooh, I canโ€™t wait to get another performance from Wendy! ๐Ÿ˜ฎย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, monkshood said:

Let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the event....

ย 

Also note from the article:

ย 

The MLK Celebration Game vs. the Chicago Bulls will tip off at 2:30 p.m. CT in a side-by-side telecast, broadcasting regionally on Bally Sports Southeast and nationally on TNT.

Yeah, that would be unfortunate. :(ย 

ย 

Thanks. ;)ย 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from doing the National Anthem before the Memphis Grizzlies game, Wendy alsoย joined a special halftime performance tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with Grammy-nominated R&B artist Angieย Stone, and Grammy nominated Queen of Memphis Soul, Carla Thomas:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2NeiCpWcg/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by MusicMedicine
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MusicMedicine said:

Apart from doing the National Anthem before the Memphis Grizzlies game, Wendy also joined a special halftime performance tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with Grammy-nominated R&B artist Angie Stone, and Grammy nominated Queen of Memphis Soul, Carla Thomas:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY2NeiCpWcg/?utm_medium=copy_link

Wendy :wub:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...