π–πžπ§ππ² 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 π…πšπ§ π“π‘π«πžπšπ

Bk1234

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is most definitely a live unedited video of her singing IWALY. Unfortunately, it’s not the entire song. I can definitely see this as a finale closer.Β 
Β 

Β 

Man she didn’t even get to the big partsΒ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is most definitely a live unedited video of her singing IWALY. Unfortunately, it’s not the entire song. I can definitely see this as a finale closer.Β 
Β 

Β 

Yeah, definitely. I love when she covers this song! :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Man she didn’t even get to the big partsΒ 

I don’t think the guitar player was ready for that song. Anyway, we know she can sing the big parts.Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think the guitar player was ready for that song. Anyway, we know she can sing the big parts.Β 

Yeah, she’ll have no problem executing those. πŸ˜…

• Like 1

The last performance in which she really showcased what seemed to be the peak of her higher register was her performance of come in and out of the rain 5 years ago that was shared around here, specifically the part near the end of the song. ( unless there's a performance I missed)

Β 

Not that she needs to belt that high in order to go far in the competition, but I am curious to see if she can still do it like she did in that 2016 performance. I guess we'll find out.

16 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

The last performance in which she really showcased what seemed to be the peak of her higher register was her performance of come in and out of the rain 5 years ago that was shared around here, specifically the part near the end of the song. ( unless there's a performance I missed)

Β 

Not that she needs to belt that high in order to go far in the competition, but I am curious to see if she can still do it like she did in that 2016 performance. I guess we'll find out.

She was hitting really high notes in her Facebook live concert last year. I don’t thinkΒ it’s a question of whether she can, but whether she wants to, based on her recent choices (country, jazz, blues). IMO, herΒ voice is more pleasant when she uses restraintΒ like she does in IWALY, but that could just be due to my musical preferences. I’m not really a big fan of excessive belting.Β 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She was hitting really high notes in her Facebook live concert last year. I don’t thinkΒ it’s a question of whether she can, but whether she wants to, based on her recent choices (country, jazz, blues). IMO, herΒ voice is more pleasant when she uses restraintΒ like she does in IWALY, but that could just be due to my musical preferences. I’m not really a big fan of excessive belting.Β 

Yeah, and I agree with the last part. Her voice sounds amazing on IWALY. :wub:

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree with you, I like Wendy a lot because her voice is more pleasant and doesn’t always go for those extreme high notes. She doesn’t necessary use so many runs as well. Her voice is softer and easy to listen to compared to the others we have had on the show. It’s good that she holds back a little too, the audience might appreciate that more

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Boston026 said:

I agree with you, I like Wendy a lot because her voice is more pleasant and doesn’t always go for those extreme high notes. She doesn’t necessary use so many runs as well. Her voice is softer and easy to listen to compared to the others we have had on the show. It’s good that she holds back a little too, the audience might appreciate that more

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don’t think many similar singers have the ability that she has to dial it back. Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boston026 said:

Now this is the PERFECT explanation 🀩

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

This is a Facebook livestream from the Country Music Hall of Fame. Almost the entire audience (probably mostly country fans obviously)Β gave her a loud standing ovationΒ after she sang part of β€œCome In Out Of The Rain.” She also sang a short version of IWALY.Β 
Β 

https://www.facebook.com/wendymotenofficial/videos/769752869897092/

Her impact 🀩 She’s just undeniably good!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This is a Facebook livestream from the Country Music Hall of Fame. Almost the entire audience (probably mostly country fans obviously)Β gave her a loud standing ovationΒ after she sang part of β€œCome In Out Of The Rain.” She also sang a short version of IWALY.Β 
Β 

https://www.facebook.com/wendymotenofficial/videos/769752869897092/

Β 

She sounded absolutely stunning right there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Her impact 🀩 She’s just undeniably good!

Yeah, these are not R&B fans, they just like good singing. She’s gonna beΒ deadly on Team Blake.Β 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, these are not R&B fans, they just like good singing. She’s gonna beΒ deadly on Team Blake.Β 

Yeah, I don’t see Blake not pushing for her.

Since battles are coming up (don’t worry, I’ll do my good luck post as we get closer to the date), who do you think Wendy will be paired with and what’s her strategy to win? πŸ™ƒ

Β 

I could see her with Clint Sherman tbh.Β 
Strategy: Show up and SANG!!!!

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Since battles are coming up (don’t worry, I’ll do my good luck post as we get closer to the date), who do you think Wendy will be paired with and what’s her strategy to win? πŸ™ƒ

Β 

I could see her with Clint Sherman tbh.Β 
Strategy: Show up and SANG!!!!

Probably against Clint indeed.Β 

Β 

Strategy: Just show up lol.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Saying prayers for whoever Wendy’s battles and KOs opponents are, I would just β€œwithdraw” from the show if I got paired against her πŸ’€πŸ’€

Well, I hope the battle is in one of the early tapings so the loser can perform well and get stolen. 🀞

On 7/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, VintageVoice said:

"Wendy, what genre can you sing with absolutely zero issues?"

Β 

Wendy: yes

Wendy picking the genres she wants to sing: "I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it (yUh)"

Β 

• Haha 2

• Bk1234 changed the title to π–πžπ§ππ² 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 π…πšπ§ π“π‘π«πžπšπ