𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-voice-contestant-wendy-moten-shockingly-face-plants-onstage-you-scared-us-030002400.html

Lyndsey Parker wrote:

Blake Shelton had a good night on Tuesday's The Voice top 11 live results show, with all three of his team members getting through to the top 10. On Monday, I had feared that Team Blake's powerhouse diva, seasoned pro background singer Wendy Moten, would not be safe, since she sang first in "death spot" and was even lightly criticized for being "too perfect." But on Tuesday, I feared for Wendy's literal safety, when a very imperfect moment occurred and she suffered a scary onstage tumble.

Wendy had just finished her spectacular group performance of the Four Tops' "Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)," alongside her coach and teammates Paris Winningham and Lana Scott, when she appeared to trip over a band monitor; Paris, Lana, and a pair of stagehands rushed to her side, while Blake, whose back had been turned during the incident as he walked to his red chair, quickly returned to the stage to check on Wendy. Host Carson Daly seemed genuinely rattled by the incident, as he paused the show and a tense, uncertain moment of silence ensued.

"Everybody all right? Take a quick second. We just had somebody fall. We OK? Give us just one second, everybody, to make sure we're OK," Carson explained, as he watched Blake and crew assist Wendy, who seemed dazed and in pain. "We're clearing the stage. We have some people coming to help now. An unfortunate event for Wendy Moten. She's walking off. We hope she's OK..."

While viewers waited for an update on Wendy, they took to social media to express their concern. Thankfully Wendy, a consummate professional with a classic show-must-go-on attitude, soon returned to assure Carson and the fans at home that she wasn't seriously hurt. "You scared us with that mishap onstage! We've never had anything like that happen," Carson told Wendy, to which she said with a brave smile, "I'm OK. I'm a little bruised, but you know what? I'm still ready to go!"

With that crisis now averted, it was time for the business at hand...

• Like 2

https://www.etonline.com/the-voice-wendy-moten-tells-fans-shes-ok-after-falling-on-stage-175669

by Meredith B. Kile:

The Voice live Top 10 results show had a scary moment on Tuesday, as singer Wendy Moten fell and appeared to injure herself during the live broadcast.

The Team Blake Shelton singer had just completed her performance of "I Can't Help Myself" with Blake and her teammates, Lana Scott and Paris Winningham, when she fell to the ground as the trio walked off stage.

The cameras cut away as host Carson Daly attempted to let fans know what was happening on stage.

"Unfortunate moment for Wendy Moten, who is walking off and we hope she's OK," Carson said as Wendy was helped off-stage by her coach and teammates as she clutched her arm.

Carson came back from commercial break with Wendy at his side, who assured viewers that she was A-OK.

"I'm OK, I'm a little bruised, but you know what? I'm still ready to go!" she exclaimed. Wendy, Lana and Paris all made the Top 10 during the show and will be moving on to next week's lives.

Blake has made it no secret that he's one of Wendy's biggest fans this season. After landing the 4-chair turn to his team during the Blind Auditions, he has consistently declared that she is the most deserving singer he's ever coached.

"I'm gonna say this, and I'm probably gonna catch a lot of heat for it, but I don't care," Blake raved of her Top 20 performance earlier this season. "I've been doing this show for 21 seasons, as a coach, and there is nobody that I want this more for, ever, than you. You deserve this."

https://people.com/music/the-voice-wendy-moten-says-shes-ok-after-falling-on-stage-during-live-show

from Dan Heching:

The Voice's Wendy Moten took a bit of a tumble on Tuesday night's episode, but ensured fans she was "OK" after a commercial break.

The singer, who celebrated her 57th birthday on Monday, performed onstage during the reality competition show's live results episode the following evening alongside her coach Blake Shelton and fellow team members Lana Scott and Paris Winningham.

Following the performance, Moten appeared to fall hard on her arm and head after tripping over a speaker.

The Voice host Carson Daly saw the fall happen right before the show cut to a commercial break.

"Unfortunate moment for Wendy Moten, who is walking off and we hope she's okay," he reported as Wendy was helped off the stage by Shelton and her fellow teammates.

When the program returned, Moten appeared alongside Daly and assured fans she was okay, if only "a little bruised."

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/the-voices-wendy-moten-gives-update-after-taking-scary-fall-live-on-stage

Heidi Venable wrote:

The Voice Top 11 elimination show took a scary turn when one of the contestants took a fall on stage after a performance with her team. Wendy Moten was on stage with Blake Shelton and the rest of the team for a live performance of "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch." When the song ended and the contestants began to leave the stage, Moten fell and lay on the ground for a minute before being helped off stage by the crew.

After longtime host Carson Daly gave a couple of more results, The Voice went to commercial, with Daly promising an update on Moten when the live show returned. And when it did, Wendy Moten was standing with Carson Daly to update viewers on her condition. She assured everyone she was okay.

"I'm a little bruised, but you know what? I'm still ready to go!"

What a pro! Having such a thing happen to you on live TV has got to be one of the greatest fears of the performers, and I'm so glad Wendy Moten was able to pick herself up and tell us she's going to be okay!

Carson Daly had already announced that Wendy Moten was advancing to the Top 10, so her live performance with Blake Shelton's team was her last duty of the night. Here's hoping she has plenty of time to recover before next week! Take a look at the scary moment below: ...

After Wendy Moten's fall, her teammates Paris Winningham and Lana Scott — as well as coach Blake Shelton — circled around her, as she appeared to be in some pain, and Carson Daly wondered aloud off stage if everyone was okay. Daly noted that was the first time anything like that had ever happened on the show in 21 seasons, which was probably not a great thing for Moten to hear, but it goes to show anything can happen on live television.

... Our hearts go out to Wendy Moten, and we hope she continues to recover!

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/11/23/the-voice-wendy-moten-hard-fall-on-stage-gymani-eliminated-top-10-revealed/8743117002

by Cydney Henderson:

Tuesday's elimination show on "The Voice" highlighted the reality of live television.

Wendy Moten, who turned 56 [57] on Monday, suffered a hard fall on stage after tripping over a speaker following her performance of The Four Tops' "I Can't Help Myself" with coach Blake Shelton, and team members Paris Winningham and Lana Scott. After the incident, Shelton quickly rushed to her aid.

"We just had someone fall... We have some people coming to help," host Carson Daly said, as viewers saw Moten struggle to walk in real-time. "Unfortunate event from Wendy Moten, who is walking off and we hope she is OK."

After a commercial break, Moten returned to assure viewers that she was in fact, "OK."

"I'm a little bruised, but you know what? I'm still ready to go!" she said. Daly added that the singing competition has "never had anything like that happen."

• Thanks 1

https://tvline.com/2021/11/23/the-voice-recap-gymani-eliminated-top-11-results

Charlie Mason said:

... we were treated to a performance of “FourFiveSeconds” by Team Ariana that had the kinda perfect harmonies that you only really get with a smidgen of help from studio sweetening and a rendition of “Can’t Help Myself” by Team Blake Shelton that, oh dear, struck me as so cheesy, it should really have been served with crackers. What the hell happened to Wendy Moten at the end, though? She stumbled and fell on stage, and had to be helped off. What the… ? “I hope she’s OK,” said Carson Daly. Well, obviously. Yikes. (Later, Wendy assured viewers that she was a little bruised but “ready to go.”)

6 hours ago, MusicMedicine said:

I am so glad Wendy is ok.

Delighted that she is top 10.

Loved her performance yesterday and the group performance tonight. 
Quite a birthday celebration week for her.

Can’t wait to see what she performs next week.

Me too. I’m curious to see what genre she’ll take on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RTV said:

He replied to the posted video of Wendy's fall tonight and to the show's tweet announcing Wendy in the top 10:

Tom Roach @TomRoach1960 · 2h
Replying to @Cole307489271
Wendy is such a sweetheart. I produced her "Can't We Get Along" video last year. Sending my Love to Wendy!!

Tom Roach @TomRoach1960 · 3h
Replying to @NBCTheVoice and @WendyMoten
AMERICA is "Falling" for Wendy Moten!!  She is as Tough as she is Talented!!  LOVE this young lady!!

That’s so nice of him to reach out and express his support. Side note, but I absolutely adore Wendy’s rendition of “Can’t We Get Along” 🥰🥰

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Persy said:

Yeah agreed it's best to ignore the negative comments. I'm staying away from facebook and I am at the point of not caring what they think so I'm focusing on Wendy, her perfect song choices, and perfect performances. I don't really care for her numbers on the site as it means nothing. 

Yeah, she will continue to slay anyway. If they don’t like it, I don’t care at this point. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RTV said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-voice-contestant-wendy-moten-shockingly-face-plants-onstage-you-scared-us-030002400.html

Lyndsey Parker wrote:

Blake Shelton had a good night on Tuesday's The Voice top 11 live results show, with all three of his team members getting through to the top 10. On Monday, I had feared that Team Blake's powerhouse diva, seasoned pro background singer Wendy Moten, would not be safe, since she sang first in "death spot" and was even lightly criticized for being "too perfect." But on Tuesday, I feared for Wendy's literal safety, when a very imperfect moment occurred and she suffered a scary onstage tumble.

Wendy had just finished her spectacular group performance of the Four Tops' "Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)," alongside her coach and teammates Paris Winningham and Lana Scott, when she appeared to trip over a band monitor; Paris, Lana, and a pair of stagehands rushed to her side, while Blake, whose back had been turned during the incident as he walked to his red chair, quickly returned to the stage to check on Wendy. Host Carson Daly seemed genuinely rattled by the incident, as he paused the show and a tense, uncertain moment of silence ensued.

"Everybody all right? Take a quick second. We just had somebody fall. We OK? Give us just one second, everybody, to make sure we're OK," Carson explained, as he watched Blake and crew assist Wendy, who seemed dazed and in pain. "We're clearing the stage. We have some people coming to help now. An unfortunate event for Wendy Moten. She's walking off. We hope she's OK..."

While viewers waited for an update on Wendy, they took to social media to express their concern. Thankfully Wendy, a consummate professional with a classic show-must-go-on attitude, soon returned to assure Carson and the fans at home that she wasn't seriously hurt. "You scared us with that mishap onstage! We've never had anything like that happen," Carson told Wendy, to which she said with a brave smile, "I'm OK. I'm a little bruised, but you know what? I'm still ready to go!"

With that crisis now averted, it was time for the business at hand...

Reading this back, I must appreciate how professionally Carson handled this. He kept the show going, but in a way that made sure everyone got the proper medical attention and support.