𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

44 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Wendy covering one of her favorite artists and getting to do what she loves onstage as a birthday present? Production really is spoiling her.

Happy birthday, Wendy!

As they should! 🙌 This upcoming performance is going to be legendary!

happy birthday to Queen Wendy!!!🎈🎁🎂 i hope you have a great day!! you are one of the greatest vocalists EVER and we are so lucky to be able to watch you perform this season. i can’t wait to watch you perform tonight, i know you’re going to do amazing! love you Wendy👑💖

• Like 3

I loved Wendy's studio recording and that is the most perfect song choice for her! I love how she never holds back. I can hear the belting in all the songs she's been doing and how she connects emotionally with the songs. This could be her best of the night but then again I could say that about all of her performances! 😄 Ngl but I actually love the sound mixing. Maybe it's just me that likes the maracas and the mixing? It's fine though, different preferences. I am repeating all of her videos on repeat and her studios too. Happy birthday to Queen Wendy Mother Nature Moten! Hell I kinda want to hear her sing Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. She would sing the crap out of it. Give her any song, even trashy ones and she'll make the finale regardless. I am excited for tonight. Everyone has been killing it lately! This is my favorite season of all times.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Wendy covering one of her favorite artists and getting to do what she loves onstage as a birthday present? Production really is spoiling her.

Happy birthday, Wendy!

And I think we’re being spoiled too getting to witness it all 😅

Happy Birthday queen Wendy 👑. I’m very excited for her performance tonight, and I love that she gets to perform one of her idols on her special day. The theme for this week should have been songs dedicated to Wendy 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

happy birthday to Queen Wendy!!!🎈🎁🎂 i hope you have a great day!! you are one of the greatest vocalists EVER and we are so lucky to be able to watch you perform this season. i can’t wait to watch you perform tonight, i know you’re going to do amazing! love you Wendy👑💖

This is such a sweet message and all of it is 100% true! 🥺🤍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueNight13 said:

And I think we’re being spoiled too getting to witness it all 😅

Happy Birthday queen Wendy 👑. I’m very excited for her performance tonight, and I love that she gets to perform one of her idols on her special day. The theme for this week should have been songs dedicated to Wendy 🤷🏾‍♀️

Honestly. We’re so lucky to get one amazing performance every week. :haha:

Yeah, that theme would have been iconic. 😌

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Persy said:

I loved Wendy's studio recording and that is the most perfect song choice for her! I love how she never holds back. I can hear the belting in all the songs she's been doing and how she connects emotionally with the songs. This could be her best of the night but then again I could say that about all of her performances! 😄

And… she killed it! I hope you liked tonight’s performance as well. 🙂 

• Like 1

Wendy delivered another wonderful performance tonight. Easily in my top 3 along with the other two queens of the Top 11!

I love that Wendy is performing the way she wants to perform and that’s what makes me the happiest. People get so wrapped up in the fact that it’s a “competition” and over analyze everything, but I’m just so happy to see Wendy consistently having fun up on stage 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BlueNight13 said:

I love that Wendy is performing the way she wants to perform and that’s what makes me the happiest. People get so wrapped up in the fact that it’s a “competition” and over analyze everything, but I’m just so happy to see Wendy consistently having fun up on stage 

I love that you said that. Wendy is doing what she loves to do and as a fan, that makes me happy. 🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

And… she killed it! I hope you liked tonight’s performance as well. 🙂 

YES awesome! She really slayed! I was right that it was the perfect song for her and she had me dancing and throwing everything. Probably my favorite performance from her but then again all of her performances are my favorites from her. I think she and Girl Named Tom will be top 2 at this point. I enjoyed everyone tonight too.

• Like 1

This was AMAZING! Loved the song choice for her and it was perfect for her voice. This was her best performance to date that I have ever heard from her ever! I loved all of her performances. She makes you feel the emotions that comes out of her mouth every time she performs. I love that she didn't hold back. She never holds back from what I am seeing. Can we talk about how amazing that ending was? PERFECTION! I am throwing all my wigs and shoes and everything! That was my favorite performance of the night ever! She could really win the whole thing. Happy birthday again Wendy! She crushed it! I am Team Minivan now and voting really hard for Wendy. Heck my parents and grandparents are Team Minivan as well and they called Wendy the best of the night and loved the song choice and performance. They think she and Girl Named Tom will be tied in votes in the finale lol with the win.

• Like 1

Entertainment Weekly by Maggie Fremont
It's Wendy's birthday, so she's kicking off the show with an Aretha party song, she's rocking a PERFECT glitter pantsuit complete with a cape, and she's fielding calls from her pal Vince Gill, perhaps you've heard of him. That's a pretty decent birthday right there. Wendy's going to need to hit people in the hearts to keep her march to the finale going but it is nice to get a lighter, fun look at a Wendy Moten performance. John Legend wants to make it clear that "what [Wendy's] doing, almost no one can do" but she makes it so effortless, sometimes people take it for granted. Blake echoes the sentiment and adds that Wendy is already "performing like a legend" up on stage.

etonline.com by Meredith B. Kile

And while Ariana is obviously supporting her own team, she might have some Team Blake fandom in her after all -- after Wendy Moten kicked off the Top 11 performances, Ari raved that the singer is "one of my favorite people to watch sing, ever."

GoldDerby by John Benutty and Marcus James Dixon
Kicking off “Fan Week” with the first performance of the night was Wendy Moten. The fans chose “Freeway of Love” by Aretha Franklin, a sign, Blake says, that they believe she can sing anything. It’s also Wendy’s birthday week so she was excited to receive an uptempo song so that she could bring the party to the stage. Ariana said that Wendy honors each of the songs she sings and that tonight they got to see her having more fun than usual. John called her a “flawless vocalist” with beautiful technique, stressing that what she can do may look easy but it’s stuff that most people can’t do vocally. Blake said that her comfort on stage is like she’s already an icon.

idolchatteryd.com by Mark Franklin
Maybe Wendy makes it look too easy. Because I still keep thinking, at the end of each of her performances, that she needs to do much more if she’s going to win this competition. She served up more personality tonight and a nice little song-ending wrinkle. But her vocal wasn’t as on-point as it has been. Grade: B

MJsBigBlog by MJ Santilli
Her pal Vince Gill dials in to wish her good luck. Wendy declares that the fans picked her favorite song. It’s like a BIG PARTY. She never thought she’d be back in pop culture relevancy 30 years after her debut record. The Phillips family from Pittsburgh introduce Wendy. There are way better Aretha songs than this. But Wendy loves the song, and like everything else, she sings the crap out of it. She looks all pink and sparkly tonight. It’s like a homage to the Queen of Soul. Ariana calls Wendy one of her favorites. She loved watching her have fun. John calls her a flawless vocalist. Maybe TOO effortless. Don’t take her for granted, America, he says. Blake believes she’s performing like a legend. “It’s literally perfect.” He begs America to vote for Wendy.

TalentRecap by Jill O'Rourke
Fellow Team Blake star Wendy Moten also delivered a powerhouse performance of “Freeway of Love” by Aretha Franklin. John Legend called her a “flawless vocalist,” pointing out that [she] does things vocally that “almost no one on this planet can do like Wendy can do.” Shelton said she’s already “performing like a legend.”

TVLine by Charlie Mason
After being cheered on by Vince Gill over FaceTime, Wendy delivered a technically terrific but emotionally empty rendition of Aretha Franklin’s free-wheeling hit. How empty was it? Aside from a flourish here and there, she demonstrated so little personality over the course of her performance that I had to wonder whether she understood that it was a fun song. Strange. Almost inarguably, Wendy is the best vocalist in the competition, but she’s losing me more and more with her detachment from the songs she sings. Is it just me? I want to love her as much as I do her voice. Grade: B+

Yahoo!Entertainment by Lyndsey Parker (Editor in Chief, Yahoo Music)

Monday’s The Voice top 11 show was packed with power-singers who made each performance look easy — almost too easy, as might’ve been the case with one contestant, Wendy Moten.

I loved the styling and overall vibe of this neon-lit retro performance — in this case, I felt like I was watching the 1985 Soul Train Awards. But Wendy, a veteran professional backup singer who’s been doing this for decades, is so “flawless,” as John put it, that she might lose her impact — especially this week, when she sang in the death spot. “Everything is perfect. It could be taken for granted, because it seems so effortless coming from you. I want America to be clear: What she's doing, almost no one on the planet can do like Wendy can do,” John stressed. Blake assured his star team member that she’d already reached “icon status," telling her, "You're performing like a legend.”

...unlike the overly polished Wendy, Holly let the audience see her effort — in the best possible way.

I predict the at-risk artists will be Wendy Moten, Jim & Sasha Allen, and, if there’s a third, either Gymani or Joshua Vacanti. And if that’s the case, get ready for a Wendy-vs.-Joshua/Gymani showdown of epic proportions, or a Wendy-vs.-Allens landslide victory.

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 1