Best AA Soulful Icons!

VoiceSelf12

Best AA R +B/Pop/Country Soulful Icons(Not PH, Just Icons)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which AA Soulful Icon is your favorite?

• Keisha Renee
    • Myracle Holloway
    • Khlea Lynee
    • Beth Griffith Manley
    • Pia Renee
    • Zania Alake
    • Janice Freeman
    • SandyRedd
    • Ali Caldwell
    • Vanessa Ferguson
    • Felicia Temple

This is a poll for those AA queens who don’t classify themselves as powerhouses but have insane vocals. Some sang pop, country, and R+B! Vote for your favorite in the poll! Some may be classified as powerhouses to others but IMO they were more soulful to me!

Edited by VoiceSelf12

I have to go with Keisha here. She is a really good vocalist, has a great tone and and gave good performances throughout her run

I generally prefer the other group overall (I’m confused why Janice is in this group and Toneisha isn’t. I thought Janice was more of a powerhouse)

• Like 1

Absolutely Incredible!
1. Keisha Renee
2. Janice Freeman
3. Ali Caldwell
-------------------
Amazing!
4. Myracle Holloway
5. Beth Griffith-Manley
6. Vanessa Ferguson
7. Pia Renee
-------------------
Eh
8. Khalea Lynee
9. Zania Alaké
10. Felicia Temple
-------------------
Very Overrated
11. SandyRedd

3 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

I have to go with Keisha here. She is a really good vocalist, has a great tone and and gave good performances throughout her run

I generally prefer the other group overall (I’m confused why Janice is in this group and Toneisha isn’t. I thought Janice was more of a powerhouse)

3 hours ago, B-B said:

Keisha but I love all of them 

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Keisha. She never had a bad performance. 

The taste here is immaculate! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Keisha winning by a landslide. I expected more love for Janice overall. I´m going with her.

Taste 🤩 voted for her too. I loved each and every performance of hers on the show (and yes I still couldn't get over that she got eliminated after her beautiful The Story performance)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Is it just me or did i find Pia and Myracles tones the same! Their vocal ranges and emotional cracks kept reminded me of eachother!

Pia's voice wasn't nearly as raspy as Myracle's though. Saying their tones are the same is a big stretch imo.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Pia's voice wasn't nearly as raspy as Myracle's though. Saying their tones are the same is a big stretch imo.

I'd also say that Myracle's voice was slightly thinner than Pia's? I'm not sure if that's the right way to describe it. Their tones definitely sounded different to me. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

FINALLY SOME SAYS HER NAME! I loved spensha baker from season 14 one of the best country females we had!

I think she performed at a level less than her ability, but I did make her a fan thread, so I guess you could say I was a fan. I probably would have voted for her in this poll had she been included. 

23 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm not really familiar with most of the rest of her run

I really like her knockout (probs unpopular but also her battle with Dallas) and her cover of Better Man. Her original in the finale was great too. Dare I say her cover of My Church was good iirc, at least it got her the PV over Britton which was kinda unexpected, but deserved at that point honestly.

1 hour ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I really like her knockout (probs unpopular but also her battle with Dallas) and her cover of Better Man. Her original in the finale was great too. Dare I say her cover of My Church was good iirc, at least it got her the PV over Britton which was kinda unexpected, but deserved at that point honestly.

Yeah, I like her KO as well, but not as much as her BA. Just listened to the studio of My Church, and it's great as well! I'm adding that to my playlist of TV performances for sure, thanks for introducing me to it! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Someone648 said:

11. Khalea Lynee

I agree with this position, she was pretty underwhelming for me.

Your Top 3 is probably the same as mine but mine would be ordered differently.

Edited by FloorWax