Jump to content

What have You done to support a Voice artist post-show?


Teraginn
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems that a lot of people here are spending the downtime between seasons by reminiscing about past seasons. But in the spirit of breaking up the barrage of polls on this forum, I want to shift the focus to outside of The Voice bubble, and ask everyone here for any personal anecdotes related to things you did to show support for a Voice contestant post-show. We all know the show does jacks*** for its contestants, so what have you done to counterbalance that?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't go to live events and I choose not to pay for paid things, but I follow them on social media, interact with their content (and sometimes them), and listen to their new content / originals on Spotify (stream Clearer by Jackie Foster, SO underrated). That's pretty much all I choose to do, but I'm content with it! 

 

A few underrated/not-as-well-known originals that I love and would like to share:

 

(The whole album from Addison tbh, but this is one of my favorites):

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my best examples is Zan. I (almost) never miss her lives where she does her mini concerts. I've streamed her album "Sleeping Problems" countless times already (if you haven't done so you are truly missing out). I think the best things you can do to support your favorite artists is stream their music (pre save it as well) and interact with them online. Give them nice comments. Attend some virtual events as well if possible (ik some hold meet and greets and stuff but attending virtual concerts is cool too, I attended Zan's and it was GREAT.)

 

Side note: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPJ-hLQAiAe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (you're welcome ;))

 

There are many many other of my favorites that I've continued to interact with and streamed their music. Realistically tho it's normal to not always enjoy what some of our favs put out. If I like what they've put out I continue to listen to it, otherwise the best option is to wait for other songs that are more enjoyable and continue interacting to help them gain more traction and get a larger reach with their posts, and therefore more potential listeners out there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truth to be told.. I've never really supported hard for a The Voice contestant, except Christina Grimmie- went to some of her concerts back then. But, other than her, I've supported no one. Until this season lol, I've bought the Reflection and ARUTW studio recording of Gih on itunes. Andd Andrew's PYRO too

 

Planning to support more of the S20's cast though, even in just my own little ways (by streaming, attending ig lives, buying studio recordings, etc.)

 

 

Edited by sydneysam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NGL sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with some of my favorites. As for the question, I just listen to what they put out and that’s really it (tbf that’s what I do with everyone else not Voice-related as well)

 

Since it seems that people are using this thread for shameless promo, I won’t be any different :P

 

Plush - Hate (Moriah’s band)

Kimberly Nichole - Veruca Salt

Lauren Duski - The Broken Kind

Noah Mac - The Soliloquy

Thunderstorm Artis - The Prayer

 

I would also check out Sarah Simmons’ album, Alisan’s Blue Heart and Matthew Schuler’s covers (Zan’s album which has been mentioned above has some gems - Come Home specially)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of my support comes from streaming songs, watching music videos, and liking content on Instagram (my most active social media). I’d love to see people in concert but can’t afford to travel/take time off work at this point in time.

 

The only real cool moment I’ve had with a contestant was when I was watching one Will Breman’s lives towards the start of quarantine last year and he replied to a comment I posted in the chat, but that’s the only time I’ve had a contestant directly interact with me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Truth to be told.. I've never really supported hard for a The Voice contestant, except Christina Grimmie- went to some of her concerts back then. But, other than her, I've supported no one. Until this season lol, I've bought the Reflection and ARUTW studio recording of Gih on itunes. Andd Andrew's PYRO too

 

Planning to support more of the S20's cast though, even in just my own little ways (by streaming, attending ig lives, buying studio recordings, etc.)

 

 

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned your artwork. That’s a huge way of supporting them! ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for myself, posting about their releases on Instagram, liking their posts, and (usually) posting a supportive comment. Maintaining my fan threads on here after the show is another one. They are home to some of the most passionate fans of the contestant, so it’s important to me that I update them with whatever is happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

One of my best examples is Zan. I (almost) never miss her lives where she does her mini concerts. I've streamed her album "Sleeping Problems" countless times already (if you haven't done so you are truly missing out). I think the best things you can do to support your favorite artists is stream their music (pre save it as well) and interact with them online. Give them nice comments. Attend some virtual events as well if possible (ik some hold meet and greets and stuff but attending virtual concerts is cool too, I attended Zan's and it was GREAT.)

 

Side note: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPJ-hLQAiAe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (you're welcome ;))

 

There are many many other of my favorites that I've continued to interact with and streamed their music. Realistically tho it's normal to not always enjoy what some of our favs put out. If I like what they've put out I continue to listen to it, otherwise the best option is to wait for other songs that are more enjoyable and continue interacting to help them gain more traction and get a larger reach with their posts, and therefore more potential listeners out there.

THIS

QUEEN ZAN :wub:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned your artwork. That’s a huge way of supporting them! ;) 

 

Now that you've said it.. yeah I forgot about that one LOL. It became more of a hobby to me now more than anything 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, whenever Gihanna posts a cover, I shove it into all of my friend's faces and send them a barrage of messages until they watch it.

 

(Nah jk I just try and share her covers with friends, and if they don't watch it, I leave them alone)

 

Also, when Gihanna posts her own music, I will be using my 3 devices in order to repeat the song and get it as many views as possible, so that it can hopefully be seen by more people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have gone to countless concerts of there's. I have been to 6 Caroline Glaser concerts, 3 Cassadee Pope concerts, 2 Danielle Bradbery concerts, 1 Chloe Kohanski concert and 1 Lauren Duski concert.

 

I have Voice merch as well. I have several autographed photos a couple of t-shirts as well. 

 

I have bought countless songs from various artists to go along with streaming their music.  

 

I do promote their work on my social media pages and on message boards etc.

Edited by QueenKalie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, British Man said:

Also, when Gihanna posts her own music, I will be using my 3 devices in order to repeat the song and get it as many views as possible, so that it can hopefully be seen by more people.

Me accidentally leaving Always Remember Us This Way on loop while asleep and garnering a ton of streams for her :haha:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Me accidentally leaving Always Remember Us This Way on loop while asleep and garnering a ton of streams for her :haha:

But was it really an accident? :lmao:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to What have You done to support a Voice artist post-show?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...