The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

I love both of them & both of them should be in the end over some of the contestants that advanced.

Cassadee Pope - TVITT, MJ, Andrew, Chris

Hannah Huston - Lily

• Like 2

I love both of them & both of them should be in the end over some of the contestants that advanced.

Cassadee Pope - TVITT, MJ, Andrew, Chris, Elliott

Hannah Huston - Lily

• Haha 3

JOSH KAUFMAN, Season 6 (Team Usher)

ZCgOArI.png

Ah, my soul man Josh! He's one of the two Snowflakes™ that managed to win the whole shebang, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving artist. To be honest, it hurts a little that he barely made it to the Top 20 of this rankdown, considering he's the most technical and skilled male artist that ever graced the Voice stage. Yes, I know Jordan Smith exists, but considering his more dynamic range, vocal dexterity and the amount of texture and grit his voice has, I think Josh's voice is just unparalleled. Another thing he has over his competition: emotiveness. No one can imbue a song with so much ache and passion like Josh can. It's a travesty that Josh was overlooked for years and years with talent of that magnitude, so I owe a debt of gratitude to The Voice for discovering him and putting him in the spotlight where he belongs. 

Josh holds two distinctions in Voice history:  he was the first stolen contestant to win the show, as well as the artist who clinched the only victory for his coach, Usher, which is a pairing that I didn't think would work as amazingly as it did. I absolutely love the direction Usher went with Josh on the show..... Stay With Me in particular was a stroke of genius and cemented his status as a Season 6 frontrunner. And let's not forget the double whammy of All of Me and Love Runs Out during Semifinals night..... I honestly think that pretty much sealed the deal for Josh's victory. BTW, how stupid was Adam this season for dropping Josh in the second round of battles when he could have had a dream team of Josh, Kat and Grimmie? Imbecile! 

Oh, here's a random not-so-fun fact I just remembered: I was actually hospitalized with a bad case of amoebiasis during the Season 6 Quarterfinals week. Josh's gorgeous rendition of I Can't Make You Love Me gave me respite from the incredibly painful stomach cramps I had to endure that week.

Post-Voice, Josh's journey was a pretty eventful one. He was part of the short-lived but well-received Voice Tour 2014, landed the lead role in a Broadway production of Pippin, went for a long while stuck in the useless Voice winners contract, bounced back from that by recording a gorgeous self-titled indie EP that remains one of my faves to this very day, successfully crowdfunded an experimental EP on Patreon, became a livestream musician on FB for a bit, and started a podcast called PARE (Philosophy. Art. Religion. Ethics.). Oh, and did I mention that he did all of these while supporting his adorable family of 5? We stan a hustler snowflake!

Unfortunately, a possibly life-altering medical condition befell Josh recently. He had to undergo eye surgery on his right eye due to a detached retina. What this means for Josh and his future music plans remains to be seen. I can only hope he can get through this challenge with the proper mindset and support. Whatever happens, I'll be here patiently, waiting for his next project. Keep on keeping on Josh! ❤️ 

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Love Runs Out (Semifinals)

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

EnG2w3u.png

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Cassadee Pope is officially the last member of the Top 15.  This means Hannah Houston has been eliminated.  Anyone can do the final write up.

Congrats to the Top 15 of the first (yes I am counting this as the first) The Voice Rankdown.

Amanda Brown

Barrett Baber

Billy Gilman

Caroline Glaser

Cassadee Pope

Chloe Kohanski

Corey Ward

India Carney

Jacquie Lee

Kat Perkins

Kimberly Nichole

Lauren Duski

Meghan Linsey

Sarah Simmons

Todd Tilghman

We still have to crown a winner.  Each ranker will have to  send me a ranking (1-15).  You must include a minimum of 100 words on your Top 5 and bottom 5.  You must also at least comment on the other 5.  

The public can also send me rankings (it will not be done through surveymonkey this time as apparently the Ranking option is now a paid feature!).  The public can choose to comment if they wish, but its not required. Their totals will be averaged with mine and included in a Public ranking.  I will give 2 weeks for this.  You have until Sunday August 1st at 11:59 PM to submit your rankings and write ups.

@QueenKalie @Elliott @*Lily @Teraginn @*Chris @sublymonal @thevoiceisthetop

Public:

@taylorkat @*Wallace @Bk1234 @sydneysam @*Diana @Alex95 @NGM

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, *Lily said:

Really wish two of these people could make it to the final…but I will be saving Amanda Brown

I always knew to never doubt Lily! :wub: Flawless choice!

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Cassadee Pope - TVITT

Hannah Huston - Lily

Probably a long shot but to soften the blow in case it's unanimous. :dead:

lmao I would have voted the same too. 🙈

Ugh so sad for Hannah going out  like this. :broken: (Although Cassadee is deserving to make the finals too.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I always knew to never doubt Lily! :wub: Flawless choice!

lmao I would have voted the same too. 🙈

Ugh so sad for Hannah going out  like this. :broken: (Although Cassadee is deserving to make the finals too.)

Yayy! :wub:

Aww same here. 💔 I’m gonna need you in the next rankdown (that’s if I join a second one), I took a few hits in this one. :dead:

Just now, *Lily said:

Aww same here. 💔 I’m gonna need you in the next rankdown (that’s if I join a second one), I took a few hits in this one. :dead:

Cant always play a perfect game (Like in the DWTS rankdown)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

I love both of them & both of them should be in the end over some of the contestants that advanced.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I love both of them & both of them should be in the end over some of the contestants that advanced.

preach christina aguilera GIF

8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

oh yes I'm gonna definitely try and hope i can be apart of the next game to help you out for sure! :haha::dead: 

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Oooh yess that game went by so flawlessly for her. It was always going to be tough for The Voice one to match - as her taste is quite different from some other rankers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Solaris said:

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh yess that game went by so flawlessly for her. It was always going to be tough for The Voice one to match - as her taste is quite different from some other rankers.

Ooh yeah I don't think I'll ever top that. Part of why I'm scared to do a DWTS rankdown again as I'll be destined to flop :dead:

Just now, Alex95 said:

Someone @ me with who cut Juliet and who they're faves are.

It’s Lily and all of her faves were your faves / would’ve been your faves. :dead:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Someone @ me with who cut Juliet and who they're faves are.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It’s Lily and all of her faves were your faves / would’ve been your faves. :dead:

Yessss let it be known that I stan Todd Tilghman!! :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Solaris changed the title to The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)