The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

CRAIG WAYNE BOYD

LRPENGBTHFGTHHRXM2IEMAL53Y.jpg

Craig Wayne Boyd is the winner of the seventh season of The Voice. As expected for that time, he is a country singer and he was on Blake's team. There was a storyline where he talked about having known Blake years back and performing with him, so it seemed natural for him to pick Blake as his coach. He ended up winning over Matt McAndrew despite Matt somehow having a handful of iTunes multipliers because S7 was the lone season where they decided that the votes only carried over to the show before the finale, and the finale was based solely off the vote total for that week. Anyway, all things considered, I liked Craig and thought he had a few performances that were good. Given that I despise most of the people who win The Voice, he ends up being higher on my rankings by default.

SAVE: Luke Wade

SHALYAH FEARING

the-voice-recap-shalyah-fearing.jpg

When she first auditioned for The Voice, Shalyah Fearing was only 15 years old - can you believe that she was 15?!? During her her audition, she chose "What Is Love" where she served us some serious VOCALS - as she only received one chair to turn, she was part of Team Christina by default.  Shalyah continued to serve us VOCALS in the battle round where she was partnered with Tamar Davis - they gave us a fierce performance of "Lady Marmalade" where Tamar was deemed the winner by Christina.  After losing the battle, she received a steal from Pharrell but her time on Team Pharrell was shortlived - after a near perfect vocal performance of "Broken Wing" (Jordin Sparks, who?), she lost her knockout battle against Emily Keener despite being the clear winner, in my opinion.  But luckily for her and the public, Shalyah received a third chance at making it in the competition when Adam pressed his steal button for her. 

And it was certainly on Team Adam where she was able to prove herself as she continually made it through the public's vote week after week. How was she able to do so? By serving us vocals, week after week - yes, her song choices were often predictable but she certainly nailed a lot of her performances notably "Up To The Mountain", "My Kind Of Love" - my personal favourite of hers, "A Change Is Gonna Come" and "And I Am Telling You".   After receiving a couple of second chances, Shalyah was able to make it all the way to semi-finals which is truly impressive.

For me, Shalyah was certainly one of the highlight of Season 10 especially when it comes to the finalists of the season - she's certainly in my Top 5 of the season & I thought she was a fierce vocalist.  Unfortunately, it's time for me to eliminate her from the rankdown as much as I wish I could bring her further than this. 

SAVING: HANNAH HUSTON

• Like 1

Just now, Elliott said:

CRAIG WAYNE BOYD

LRPENGBTHFGTHHRXM2IEMAL53Y.jpg

Craig Wayne Boyd is the winner of the seventh season of The Voice. As expected for that time, he is a country singer and he was on Blake's team. There was a storyline where he talked about having known Blake years back and performing with him, so it seemed natural for him to pick Blake as his coach. He ended up winning over Matt McAndrew despite Matt somehow having a handful of iTunes multipliers because S7 was the lone season where they decided that the votes only carried over to the show before the finale, and the finale was based solely off the vote total for that week. Anyway, all things considered, I liked Craig and thought he had a few performances that were good. Given that I despise most of the people who win The Voice, he ends up being higher on my rankings by default.

SAVE: Luke Wade

this should be reversed.

• Confused 5

Javier Colon

Javier Colon was the winner of season 1 of The Voice and he was on Team Adam. I remember being impressed by a couple of Javier's performances and he seemed like a front runner early on and he was since he won after all lol. I think he had the best blind audition with his performance of Time After Time.  While I do like Javier he was a little boring too me at least. Season 1 has some format issues that I didn't care for and they did get improved in later seasons at least and then broken again. Javier is up against Allegra in this battle and I certainly won't be cutting her during pride month that would be homophobic so Javier loses this battle. 

Here's his Time after Time performance

Saving Allegra Miles

image.jpeg.14c7cb95bf5927528e11a84a7447e1f0.jpeg

Zae Romeo

Zae was on the 20th season of The Voice. He sang Falling by Harry Styles which managed to get everyone to turn. He picked Nick Jonas as his coach which was his first mistake. Then he got paired against @Bk1234 favorite Lindsay Joan who won S20 and they sang Rewrite the Stars where Zae won sadly. He moved on to they knockouts where he sang Electric Love by BORNS and he lost his knockout. But, Kelly stole him and kept him on her team for one round. He did When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus and got eliminated. He hasn't released anything yet since the show. 

Favorite Performance: 

Micah Iverson

the-voice-18-Micah-Iverson.jpg

A contestant on season 18 of The Voice, Micah Iverson joined Kelly Clarkson’s team after his performance of “All I Want” by Kodaline turned three chairs. Being a part of the season which became mostly remote, he made it to the finals however finished in fifth place. That being said he would eventually find himself to be Kelly’s final member of her team. I kinda remember more and liked more of Michelle from what I saw on the show, as I didn’t really follow a lot of this season with it all having to move to its remote setting- with the exception of a few artists- so I’m going to opt to cut Micah here.

Saving Michelle Chamuel

So I just realized that once Chris and Andrew finishes their noms and we finish our cuts, we will be left over with one extra pair of artists per team. How will the cuts/saves be done for the leftover pair?

17 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

So I just realized that once Chris and Andrew finishes their noms and we finish our cuts, we will be left over with one extra pair of artists per team. How will the cuts/saves be done for the leftover pair?

I just assumed they’d be immune this round

1 minute ago, sublymonal said:

I just assumed they’d be immune this round

Or maybe they'll be instant eliminees 🙃

But @Solaris explicitly said we should be left with 12 artists after this round, so I assumed one of them will have to go. But how?

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

oh i got mine on friday!  no symptoms just a sore af arm. 

Just sore arm for now, but we will see how I feel tomorrow. 

I had Pfizer for the first round but Moderna for the 2nd round. 

Edited by *Chris

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

Just sore arm for now, but we will see how I feel tomorrow. 

I had Pfizer for the first round but Moderna for the 2nd round. 

Should I be worried that I didn't feel anything after I got my Sinovac shots? T___T

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Should I be worried that I didn't feel anything after I got my Sinovac shots? T___T

omg you sound like my husband now when he was complaining he didn't have any side effects after his second dose.

• Haha 1

• Solaris changed the title to The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)