The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

53 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

The Tony Lucca Christina stuff really was some of the best drama that the voice has had. 

LMAOO yeahh it really was. :lmao: 

39 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

d95.gif

36 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I kinda liked Kirk lol. 

I would have voted Kirk too. :haha:  

• Haha 1

ASHLAND CRAFT

WelloffFlawedHeterodontosaurus-max-1mb.gif

For the moment Ashland Craft`s audition aired for the 2017 edition of The Voice, I had high hopes for her especially considering her tone which reminded me of the classic country singers that I love. I had even higher hopes when she was on Miley’s team as I thought Miley could have really brought her to the next level - unfortunately, this did not happen.  Ashland’s journey was quite the disappointment for me - she was unable to deliver any outstanding performances and the majority of her song choices were choices  (note: most of them were all over the place, in my opinion).  That being said, I still think Ashland is super talented and I absolutely love her voice - here's one of her original which I really enjoy :

THE SWON BROTHERS

monophy.gif

This duo of brothers, consisting of Zach Swon and Colton Swon who I remembered for his time on Idol (and he's handsome), auditioned for the 4th season of The Voice. As a country duo, they auditioned with “American Girl” and received 3 chairs' turns - they ended up being on Team Blake and remained on his team throughout the competition until they finished in 3rd place.  And when it came to their time on The Voice, I am fairly indifferent - nothing they did ever really excited me, and I can only think of Danny’s Song when I think of their performances :

They are one of the few non-winners to actually experience some sort of success, following their time on The Voice.  In fact, they were signed with Arista until they parted way due to creativity reasons - they were able to have two songs on the Country Chart with one of them being “Pray for You”.  And as proud Okies, they were asked by Carrie Underwood to be part of her opening acts line-up for the Storyteller Tour - they also ended up appearing on a song with Carrie ;

Overall, they’re an act that I can appreciate but not one that I go out of my way to listen to - they’re certainly not at the same level as some of the other country duos out there, personally speaking.

Edited by *Chris

Y'all ready for a huge wall of text?
965933c2b86f828e558ec3aaf6a53315.gif

First off, let me preface this by saying that although I brought these 12 men with the intention of using them as fodder for my actual favorites, I do want to acknowledge that they represent a fixture in Voice history: the middle-aged country/rock snowflake killer, and I do think it just wouldn't be a season of The Voice without one or two of them mucking up things for IDF, so here's to them, I guess? LOL. Anyway, here's my writeups.

ANDREW SEVENER, Season 16, Team Blake

The-Voice-Season-16-Top-13-Andrew-Sevene

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, the little cowboy that could. I gotta say, in a season where there is a glut of rootin' tootin' cowboys with big voices and even bigger personalities, it's impressive that he  somehow managed to beat most of them and go all the way to the end. Is it the aww-shucks demeanor? The commitment to the whole homegrown Texas bit? Whatever it is, you played the game well, and for that I applaud ya. If your personality wasn't as dry as John Legend's chances at winning The Voice again, I would have rooted for you.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Lips of an Angel (Finale)

IAN FLANIGAN, Season 19, Team Blake

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ian-Flan

Listen, I like a nice, masculine gruff voice as much as the next #TeamSausage member. I had my fair share of deep-voiced gruff snowflakes. But I do demand a certain level of clarity and a firm grasp of your phrasing if you're gonna sound like you shave your larynx with sandpaper every morning. I wanted to like Ian, I really did, but it sounds like he's constantly swallowing for air everytime he sings. It doesn't help that he sang two songs that were already put to rest by two of my top snowflakes ever. I am perplexed that he got as far as he did, and I'm still bitter he went farther than Sid, who is also a very gruff-voiced man but is leagues ahead of Ian in pure skill. Alas, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Make You Feel My Love (Top 17)

JAKE WORTHINGTON, Season 6, Team Blake

Jake-Worthington_0_1477695076328_12433765_ver1.0.jpg

Ah, the granddaddy of the aww-shucks country singers on this show. I actually remembered his failed Season 5 audition and I am always partial to comeback kids like him. I never particularly cared for his style of country, it's all very sleepy to me, and him making it to the finale over Christina Grimmie is a portent of things to come for this show. I do remember him getting much better as he got further on the show, and that's something that you don't see that much anymore in this new era of The Voice, so that made me nostalgic for the good ol' days.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Heaven (Semifinals)

RED MARLOW, Team Blake, Season 13

MVqp61a.png

In hindsight, I may have given Red more crap than he deserved. I actually think he has a really nice tone, surprisingly young-sounding to me for some reason. He doesn't have a lot of range, but he does well with what he's given. Do I think he should have gotten finale over Noah Mac? Hell no. But that's Team Minivan's fault, not him. And I just have a soft spot for redheads. There, I said it. 😛

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Chiseled in Stone (Playoffs)

JESSE LARSON, Season 12, Team Adam

ZMPAmTc.jpg

Remember when Adam still has enough pull on the show to drag some random artist to the finale through the Instant Save? Jesse is a perfect example of this kind of contestant. He also represent an archetype that the show usually likes to go for: the talented instrumentalist who can also sing his face off. Unfortunately, I don't think his vocals ever reached the level of his guitar skills. He's way too laid back to make an impression.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: The Letter (Knockouts)

KALEB LEE, Season 14, Team Kelly

0xUHfdB.png

I blame Kaleb Lee for starting Kelly's obsession with taking country males far in the show and trying to beat Blake with them. If she didn't get infatuated with the idea of trying to beat Blake with a country artist, Kelly wouldn't have attempted to repeat history by taking Kenzie Wheeler all the way in Season 20, causing her to sacrifice Corey Ward in the process. In short, Kaleb Lee robbed Corey Ward of a spot in the S20 finale. Thanks for listening to my flawless logic, I will not be taking questions at this time.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Free (Knockouts)

DAVE FENLEY, Season 15, Team Blake

wUXsSUe.png

Ah, the person that killed Kameron Marlowe's chances at making it past Playoffs. No, I'm not bitter at all. Anyway, he has a great recording voice, but boy, it sure doesn't sound like it based on his live performances. Talk about a fall from grace from his pretty great pre-lives run. Also, he's a terrible beatboxer. Stick to country and singing in Trump rallies.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Help Me Hold On (Blind Audition)

CHRIS KROEZE, Season 15, Team Blake

nCx7poD.png

Amelia Earhart, the Bermuda Triangle, the Easter Island statues. None of these comes close to the mystery of how Chris Kroeze managed to reach 2nd on a relatively stacked Season 15 of The Voice. The meltdowns on the Voice forums as Chris continues to make it week after week were a sight to behold. And he managed to pull off some performances that made me listen twice. If I were to present to someone the concept of a snowflake killer, I'd show them Chris Kroeze. Thanks for bringing back an element of surprise on the show again!

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Burning House (Knockouts)

KIRK JAY, Season 15, Team Blake

kvjovzz.png

Man, I was so excited for an artist like Kirk to come on the show in Season 15: a country artist that harkened back to the 90s country music scene. Too bad he can't keep up with the rigors of singing live on TV on a weekly basis. It didn't help that he has a particularly strident tone. A damn shame.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Bless the Broken Road (Blind Audition)

KENZIE WHEELER, Season 20, Team Kelly

2HhlTty.png

Oh boy, gotta talk about the mullet man now. Much has been said about his skills and his authentic country tone and how unassuming he is, but I just don't get it man. I usually scoff when people criticize male country artists for making every song sound the same, but in Kenzie's case I am realizing where those comments are coming from. It doesn't help that he has the stage presence of a dead fish. The fact that he didn't win his season despite ticking all the boxes for what Team Minivan likes, is very telling.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Beer Never Broke My Heart (Knockouts)

LAITH AL-SAADI, Season 10, Team Adam

Qh94Njc.png

Another recipient of Adam's weirdly specific advantage when it came to Semifinals Instant Saves, Laith is another one of those instrumentalists-who-can-sing types of artists that usually go on Team Adam. And honestly, he might just be the greatest guitarist we had on this show. Guy's legit. Too bad I just don't like his voice. It's just way too gruff for me like Ian Flanigan. 

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Make it Rain (Top 11)

DEXTER ROBERTS, Season 16, Team Blake

The-Voice-Season-16-Top-13-Dexter-Roberts

Here's the thing: I actually think Dexter is easily the strongest country singer out of the Season 16 male country bloc, and I thought he was relatively consistent vocally, much more than his cohorts. If Gyth didn't do God Bless the USA, I think it would have been Maelyn vs. Dexter in the finale. I think he got a bad rap on AI and on TV and I think it's definitely undeserved.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Here Without You (Semifinals)

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

Team Alicia Write Ups Part 2

alicia keys sleeping GIF by The Voice

Rachel Mac - S20 4th place

Rachel Mac - NBC The Voice - Team Nick

Rachel Mac was one of the youngest contestants her season being 15 and from Michigan. She started her run off with a shaky cover of Let Him Fly by Patty Griffin but she managed to turn Nick Jonas who she defaulted by being on his team. Nick paired her with Bradley Sinclair doing Your Song by Elton John. She won her battle and moved on to the knockouts to sing Foolish Games by Jewel which was pretty strong compared to her audition and she won her knockout. She went to the playoffs and sang Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves and got the public vote on Team Nick. She sang Human by Christina Perri and Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac which was her duet. She moved on and sang I Hope You Dance, The Chain, and Best Of You with Nick Jonas. She managed to get 4th place with those song choices. She hasn't released anything since the show has ended.

Favorite Performance: 

Jessie Pitts - S7 top 12

image.jpeg.9caf379158871d288d9ac71484c63be3.jpeg

She auditioned at 18 from Alabama. She did The Story by Brandi Carlile. She managed to turn Gwen and Blake. The two coaches who would coach her throughout the show. She picked Gwen and she paired her against someone who IDF hated: Ryan Sill and they did I Need Your Love by Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris. She lost the battle and got stolen by Blake. Blake paired her against Tanner Linford where She did Your Song by Elton John. She won the Knockout and made it to playoffs where she did Holding Out for A Hero by Bonnie Tyler. She didn't get public vote but she got Blake's Save where she went to the top 12 and sang Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia. She placed in the bottom 3 and sang Gravity by Sara Barilles and lost. Then she came back because of the wildcard and sang Zombie by The Cranberries which she lost and didn't get a spot in the finale. Her after show releases were a single and a featured track which is better than most people. 

Favorite Performance: 

Hannah Mrozak - S13 Playoffs

image.jpeg.d4651fafd9dbddbab3ce111983ba917a.jpeg

Hannah auditioned for the show at 18 and from Richfield, Wisconsin. She sang Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and turned everyone except Miley. She picked Adam where he paired her and Brandon Showell to sing Cold Water by Justin Bieber. She won the battle and moved on to the Knockout. She sang Love on the Brain by Rihanna in the Knockouts and lost but got stolen by Jennifer. She sang Learn to Let Go by Kesha and wasn't picked as one of the top three for Team Jennifer. She has been pretty successful post-show. She is in a vocal group called Citizen Queen. She also has released a few singles by herself and a bunch of singles with her group that shes in. 

Favorite Performance: 

MacKenzie Bourg - S3 Playoffs

image.jpeg.678f6339608e69da231e9d7a5425f144.jpeg

MacKenzie appeared on the show at 19 and from Louisana. He managed to turn only Cee Lo singing Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People. In the battles, Cee Lo paired him and Emily Earle doing Good Time by Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City. He won the battle and went to the knockouts. The first season to do knockouts which he sang Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. He won the knockout and went to the playoffs where he sang What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. This is when he got eliminated and Cee lo didn't choose him as his coach save. He appeared on American Idol and made it to the top 3.  He released a lot of singles since his time on the show and is featured on a song with people I don't know.  

Favorite Performance: 

DeAndre Nico - S15 Top 10

image.jpeg.500d8e9f2057a1451addbdc2932b53aa.jpeg

DeAndre Nico was 22 and from Texas when he auditioned for The Voice. He sang When I Was Your Man and got everyone to turn. He picked Adam which was a terrible mistake. Then Adam paired him and Funsho together where they sang Can You Stand the Rain by New Edition. DeAndre moved on to knockouts where he sang Wanted by Hunter Hayes. He won his knockout and sang his opposing coach's song "Ordinary People" by John Legend. He got the public vote and moved on to the top 13. For top 13, He sang I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe where he made top 11. He sang Cry For You by Jodeci and got in the bottom 2 where he sang Take Me To the King by Tamela Mann. He won his instant save and went to the top 10 which was a very controversial week. He did That's What I Like by Bruno Mars and his instant save was All Of Me by John Legend. Then during the coach goodbye speeches. Adam Levine threw him under the bus and said to save Reagan Strange and Then Adam quit the show because no one liked how he treated his team. He released a single since his show ended. 

Favorite Performance: 

Maelyn Jarmon - S16 Winner

image.jpeg.dd2685b037be3ab89b5f0e05ea2ab45e.jpeg

I Gotta save the queen for last. She auditioned on the s16 at 26 and from Texas. She sang Fields of Gold by Sting. She managed to turn everyone and picked John Legend. She went to the battles singing When We Were Young by Adele against Savannah Brister. She went to the dreadful cross battles where no one sang live well. She did Mad World by Tears for Fears. She won her cross battle and went to the playoffs. In the playoffs, she sang Fallingwater by Maggie Rogers and made the top 13 by public vote. She did The Scientist by Coldplay for top 13 and made top 9. Her top 9 was beautiful for having a sore throat which she did Stay by Rihanna and Yesterday by the Beatles with Rod Stokes. She made finale obviously and sang Hallelujah, Unforgettable with John Legend, and her original.  She released a Christmas single since her post-show 

Favorite Performance:

Edited by thevoiceisthetop

NICOLLE GALYON

NicolleGalyon_JC6-2c.jpg 

During the 2nd season of the Voice, Nicolle Galyon auditioned with “You Save Me” and only turned one chair - easily, one of my favourite first chair turners.  As part of Team Adam, she was paired with Mathai where they performed “Love Song”; Nicole lost the battle and was therefore eliminated - unfortunately for Mathai, I do not remember her after all these days while I remember Nicole Galyon.

In fact, I wanted to bring her in as a wildcard as I feel a lot of people forget who she is despite the fact being one of the most successful Voice alum in the music business.  She has since turned towards songwriting where she has scored multiple number one hits on the country radio - Keith Urban & Melinda Lambert’s We Were Us, Melinda Lambert’s Automatic, Kenny Chesney’s All The Pretty Girls, Dan + Shay’s Tequila to name a few. And winner of the Academy of Country Music Award for Song of the Year. She also founded Songs & Daughters which is a female focus label - I recommend you all to look into Tiera who is a black country singer-songwriter.

With that being said, I will end my write-up of Nicole by listing some of my favourite songs that she has written :

XENIA

voice-xenia-martinez_610_0.jpg&q=85 

Xenia is a contestant that appeared on the first season of The Voice, and someone that I somewhat remember her journey on the show.  At the time of the show, she was 16 and was part of Team Blake - I remember liking her due to her tone especially on “Breakeven”.  She made it all the way to the semi-finals where she was eliminated - I didn’t mind her being eliminated as I didn’t think any of her performances matched her blind audition performance, and I preferred Dia Frampton over her throughout the season - I am glad you all agreed with me when I paired them against each other.

13 minutes ago, *Chris said:

NICOLLE GALYON

NicolleGalyon_JC6-2c.jpg 

During the 2nd season of the Voice, Nicolle Galyon auditioned with “You Save Me” and only turned one chair - easily, one of my favourite first chair turners.  As part of Team Adam, she was paired with Mathai where they performed “Love Song”; Nicole lost the battle and was therefore eliminated - unfortunately for Mathai, I do not remember her after all these days while I remember Nicole Galyon.

In fact, I wanted to bring her in as a wildcard as I feel a lot of people forget who she is despite the fact being one of the most successful Voice alum in the music business.  She has since turned towards songwriting where she has scored multiple number one hits on the country radio - Keith Urban & Melinda Lambert’s We Were Us, Melinda Lambert’s Automatic, Kenny Chesney’s All The Pretty Girls, Dan + Shay’s Tequila to name a few. And winner of the Academy of Country Music Award for Song of the Year. She also founded Songs & Daughters which is a female focus label - I recommend you all to look into Tiera who is a black country singer-songwriter.

With that being said, I will end my write-up of Nicole by listing some of my favourite songs that she has written :

I didn't know she wrote Consequences by Camila Cabello

MADI DAVIS
TESS2YDMVDCI634OMDOQS6RJZQ.jpg

It is the year of 2015 and we are somehow in the 9th season of The Voice, Madi Davis auditioned with a song by Carole King and I fell in love with her tone right away - if you know me, you know that I have a bias for certain type of contestant & folk/singer-songwriter is one of them.  And throughout her time on the show, Madi Davis always stayed true to her identity whether it be her rendition of “Riptide” & "Who Will Save Your Soul" or flawlessly covering songs like “A Case of You” & “Songbird”, and of course by putting her own twist on popular songs like “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”.  Honestly, I cannot tell you which one is my favourite performance of hers because they all have something special, in my opinion. 

Overall, Madi Davis was a great addition to Season 9 of the Voice and was certainly one of the strongest female in the group of contestants.

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Doing my write-ups now and realizing that somehow I forgot about her as one of my wildcard picks. :/💔

There's always 2.0 I suppose. :haha:

There's alot of people I  wish I could have brought as wildcard - I think we need a 2.0 with everyone who made it past the blinds or the battles. 

• Like 1

Viktor Kiraly

A_Dal_2018_Kir%C3%A1ly_Viktor_2018-02-24.jpg

Viktor Kiraly appeared on Season 9 of The Voice, where he turned four chairs with his performance of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye. He made it through to the battle rounds on Team Adam where he performed "Nobody Knows" alongside Cassandra Robertson. This was one of my favourite battles from the show and I really enjoyed both of them in this and hoped they could both make it through. Viktor went up against Jordan Smith in the knockouts which was always going to be a tough battle, but was stolen by Team Gwen, however at the live playoffs he failed to make it through.

Simone Gundy

TheVoice_SimoneGundy.jpg

Simone was a contestant on Season 11, where she performed a really strong blind audition of "I (Who Have Nothing)" and joined Team Adam after turning the chairs of Adam and Miley. She became an early favorite of mine in this season from her performances and I enjoyed what she brought also in the battles and knockouts, however I think she maybe was a little lower on airtime and I didn't expect her to make it past the playoffs? From my memory. It's a shame though as she was the last woman standing on Team Adam and would have been a powerhouse vocalist to go through to the live shows.

Mathai

Mathai Music | Tunefind

Mathai was on Season 2, another member of Team Adam. She had a cool sound to her voice which I liked at the time a lot (although if I'm honest I'm not sure if I'd be crazy about it now because I think it's maybe no longer as unique). That being said, I still enjoyed her and her performance of "Rumor Has It" at the blind auditions in particular. She made it to the top four of Adam's team, eliminated just short of the semi-finals.

Myracle Holloway

Myracle-Holloway-750x441.jpg

Myracle was on Season 17, where she joined Team Gwen at the blinds after her performance of "When I Was Your Man" turned two chairs. I did kinda pick her as filler for my team in case of cuts which happened, but that being said I did like what I saw of her in this season. One of my favorite performances was actually one that got montaged and we saw like 15 seconds of lmao, but she performed "Can We Talk" by Tevin Campbell which is one of my favorite throwback songs and I really was excited to hear on this show. She did however make it to the top 12, which was a good feat.

Dana Monique

featured_event30969-.jpg

Dana was on the most recent season where she came out strong and performed a powerhouse track in "Freeway of Love" by Aretha Franklin at the blinds which turned two chairs, and she joined Nick Jonas' team. From here she went through to the live shows and everything that I saw of her, I really enjoyed! At the semi-finals, she was eliminated alongside Pia Renee and Gihanna Zoe, and they were three of the contestants I really liked following so that was a bummer. The season redeemed itself at the results for me but I was sad to see all those ladies go at once.

Courtney Harrell

Courtney-620x375.jpg

Appearing on season 11, Courtney joined Blake Shelton's team after her performance of "Let it Go" (by James Bay) won two chairs. Making it through to the live shows, she had a lot of great performances I really enjoyed. In particular, "River Deep, Mountain High" at the knockouts, and "What I Did for Love" at the top 11. I didn't love the song choices she got at the live shows though and felt they all felt a little samey and dated which was a shame, I think she had more to bring than we saw of her.

Edited by *Lily