The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

@QueenKalie

Battle 12: Casey Weston vs. Bria Kelly

Casey: MJ, Elliott, Andrew

Bria: Chris, Lily goodge

break your tie!

@Teraginn take us home.

Team Usher: 

Barrett Baber

Josh Kaufman

Todd Tilghman

Corey Ward

Will Breman

Noah Mac

Jeffrey Austin

Will Chaplin
Tony Lucca
Chris Mann
Joshua Davis
Jake Worthington
Laith Al-Saadi
Jesse Larson
Red Marlow
Adam Cunningham
Pryor Baird
Kaleb Lee
Dave Finley
Kirk Jay
Chris Kroeze
Andrew Sevener
Dexter Roberts
Ian Flanigan
Kenzie Wheeler

Kameron Marlowe

Ryan Quinn

Pete Mroz
Sid Kingsley
Michael Sanchez

With that said now that we are on the last round, all write ups are due Wednesday at 7 PM CST.  New Cycle will swiftly follow!

You forgot grey cs presley that’s another tie

Casey

Vs 

Bria

Adam: This battle pairing was tough as I loved both of your journey's on the voice but Bria I believe you gave up on music and Casey being an out country singer can't be an easy thing so I'm going to advance you Casey. 

Presley Tennant

Vs 

Grey

Adam: Another tough decision I have to make here since you are both fantasic. You both had very similar journeys on the voice but Presley I think you have more potential going forward so I'm going to advance you.

Bria did give one of my fav blind auditions ever at the time

Yeah same here I had high hopes for her but she wasn't ever able to replicate that performance in the later rounds 

• Like 1

Eliminations for Team Adam:

RaeLynn

Reagan Strange

Owen Danoff

Holly Tucker

Shovel Shepherd

Jermaine Paul

Terry McDermott

Hat Hammock

Grey

Jackie Foster

Joanna serenko

Bria Kelly

Eliminations for Team Adam:

RaeLynn

Reagan Strange

Owen Danoff

Holly Tucker

Shovel Shepherd

Jermaine Paul

Terry McDermott

Hat Hammock

Grey

Jackie Foster

Joanna serenko

Bria Kelly

Reagan James was eliminated Strange is still in it for now at least. :giggle:

MICHAELA PAIGE - S3, 12TH PLACE

NEWS_170319770_AR_0_EZVUWRBHIMIT.jpg

Michaela Paige was a contestant from season three of The Voice who was on Blake's team and placed 12th. Kind of amusing the three Team Blake people in the finals were the first elimination and the final two. It was clear Blake put her through as fodder. She did pop punk music, so I would've liked to have seen more of her since Cassadee went to country music. However, her final performance was a nightmare so I can see why she was eliminated after it. I lol'd when Blake said she would be a star that we'd all remember. Sir... we can't even say that about 90% of the winners.

Edited by Elliott

KATRINA PARKER - S2, 8TH PLACE

Katrina-Parker.jpg

Katrina Parker is from the second season of The Voice. She was eliminated at the Top 8 round after Adam Levine decided to give her 40 points and Tony 60 points. She ended up having the higher public vote total (a 53/47 split), but it wasn't enough to overcome Adam's asshatery. And people say DeAndre Nico was his first teammate that he bussed.

Edited by Elliott

KRISTEN MERLIN - S6, 5TH PLACE

1c0808bc-ea83-4a49-9e3e-809dbf6c9173-tpl-musmerlin4.jpg

Kristen Merlin is a lesbian country singer who was on Team Shakira. That sentence alone will give you whiplash, I'm sure. She made it all the way to the second-to-last week of season six, but was ultimately eliminated when she found herself in the bottom three against Kat Perkins - who had already sent home five contestants like the queen she was - and Christina Grimme, who had a social media fanbase that could rival Cassadee's. This meant that she ended up polling in only like 1% of that Twitter vote. On the flip side, she won the vote over Kat Perkins to go on that weird "Best of The Voice" tour that they did after S6.

Edited by Elliott

CHEESA

TscnHQI1svq6zOPVYDp_Jn2MgzuJuapWAEy1sfWl

Cheesa, pronounced Chess-uh, is from the second season of The Voice. She was on Team Cee Lo, and unfortunately for her, was up against Jamar Rogers and Juliet Simms in a format that required one contestant from each "team" being eliminated every round. That season had such a good cast and such a terrible format, lord. Anyway, I really enjoyed her but Jamar and Juliet were obviously the super two from that team, and the decision for her elimination came between her and Juliet so like... duh. Anyway, at least she did a version of Toxic that gave us this ICONIC routine from SYTYCD:

Tiffany Maher could never!

BROOKE SIMPSON - S13, 3RD? PLACE

DQ8FH7QUQAE14b2.jpg

Apparently y'all think her placing this low is a robbery. I don't remember her other than her being on Miley's team that season, oops. I mean, I'm sure she was good (and she placed lower than Addison, so #choices) but S13 brought us Chloe, Noah, Janice and Mitchell Lee (whom I no longer stan for anyway) so I didn't care about her. Apparently she's auditioning for America's Got Talent only a few years later, so maybe she'll do well on that.

NICK HAGELIN - S??, ??? PLACE

maxresdefault.jpg

Whew, it is a struggle trying to remember what season and placement some of these people had without looking it up. Nick is one of them. I want to say he was on season 10? Or was it 11? No, 11's cast I do actually remember somewhat because it gave us Billy, Brendan, Aaron and Josh Gallagher... oh yeah, and Ali Caldwell too, oops. Anyway, Nick was a singer (I think) and he was on... Gwen's team, I think. (Yes I know I could look this up but this write-up needs a word limit). Anyway he was hot, so at least there's that.

• Haha 1

BRYAN BAUTISTA

Bryan-Bautista-the-voice-2016-billborad-1548-compressed.jpg

Bryan Bautista is a contestant from some season of The Voice where he was on the team of some famous singer who "coached" him. He made it past the blind auditions, battle rounds, knock-outs, play-offs and into the finals, where he made it to a placement. In the words of KeKe Palmer, "I don't know who this man is. I mean.... he could be walking down the street, and I wouldn't know a thing. Sorry to this man."

PIP

Pip_photo_10.jpg

Pip was a cute twink from the second season of The Voice, who was on Adam Levine's team. He was Adam's auto-cut at the Top 16 round, eliminating him in favour of Tony Lucca (gross), Katrina Parker and Mathai (WHOMST!?). I remember liking him well enough because he was cute and had a good audition, but this show has had like 5000 seasons so it all just blends together now. He has his own Wikipedia page, at least, which tells me he has his own wedding band, founded his own non-profit and is openly gay. To quote Olivia Rodrigo, good 4 u. NOTE: I just looked up what he looks like nowadays and please ignore my earlier "cute" comments.

RAY BOUDREAUX

artist-30786

Google Images tells me this is what he looks like, so I now regret this elimination. Ray Boudreaux is from the fifth season of The Voice, and he made it to the Top 8. Somehow I remember that. I don't, however, remember what team he was on, but I'm gonna guess Cee Lo Green's. I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and he was on Blake's team. That was the one season Blake Shelton wasn't in the finale, and it was nice. Let's go back to those days. Anyway, I remember liking him well enough, but he was never among my all-time favourites so out he goes here. Apologies to MJ who is apparently a fan of his.

CLARISSA SERNA

UdBnyQPi_400x400.jpg

Clarissa Serna is from the sixth season of The Voice. She was on Shakira's team and was eliminated in the knock-out rounds because Shakira truly made some questionable decisions that year. I was a fan of hers from the auditions because she was a female rocker, but I sadly can't say I've followed her career much in the years since. (Assuming she's even doing anything). I did remember shortly after the season she put up a cover of Tool's SOBER on YouTube, and it was a masterpiece that I wish she could've done on the show. Apparently that channel is still active and has covers posted to it every so often, so that's cool. Anyway, here are some highlights of hers:

Audition to Zombie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlxk9iwbxKY

And since @~Tom~ is apparently a fan of hers, I'm sure he'll love this:

BEVERLY MCCLELLAN

220px-Beverly_McClellan.jpg

Beverly McClellan was a rock singer from the first season of The Voice, where she was on Team Christina. Her ~official~ placement was never announced during the show (they just eliminated her & Vicci Martinez at the same time), but I believe they mentioned after Chris Mann placed fourth that Christina placed the same both seasons (and then was the first coach eliminated in S3, whoo America really hated her didn't they? but not enough to not vote for Pimpisan Porter ew) so I'm just saying she's fourth so we can be done with it.

I really liked Beverly that season, but she was one of my lesser favourites. Sadly, I was reminded when composing this write-up that she passed back in 2018 of cancer. :( May she rest in peace 😢

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

CLARISSA SERNA

UdBnyQPi_400x400.jpg

Clarissa Serna is from the sixth season of The Voice. She was on Shakira's team and was eliminated in the knock-out rounds because Shakira truly made some questionable decisions that year. I was a fan of hers from the auditions because she was a female rocker, but I sadly can't say I've followed her career much in the years since. (Assuming she's even doing anything). I did remember shortly after the season she put up a cover of Tool's SOBER on YouTube, and it was a masterpiece that I wish she could've done on the show. Apparently that channel is still active and has covers posted to it every so often, so that's cool. Anyway, here are some highlights of hers:

Audition to Zombie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlxk9iwbxKY

And since @~Tom~ is apparently a fan of hers, I'm sure he'll love this:

I voted against her because I didn't remember who she was. I watched the Sober video and now I regret my decision. 

• Like 1

E.G. DAILY - S5, ROBBED

4cda597896e5a4bd325036454eda68b97ff2b706.gifv

anigif_sub-buzz-17178-1505935191-1.gif?output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*tenor.gif

Saving this write-up for last because duh, it's motherf*cking E.G. Daily. All things considered, I'm fine with this cut since she SOMEHOW didn't last long on The Voice BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS MAKE TERRIBLE DECISIONS IN THE BATTLES & KNOCKOUTS, but lemme tell y'all how I was HEATED when she got eliminated as early as she did. (And it was S5, when I also lost Brandon Chase in the battles :/).

I saw the spoilers and, as Rugrats was my favourite show as a child, I was ecstatic to see her name on the spoiler list because how could I not be? It also helped that she was singing country-pop icon Faith Hill, and her audition went viral (at least by TV5 standards). She picked Blake, which seemed like a good fit... and then he eliminates her. Ladies, my blood is boiling! I was so pressed because I really wanted to see her go far. Also leave it to The Voice, trying to get successful winners, eliminating someone who could actually do well post-show because she already had a large fanbase coming into the season.

FFS, do better show!

Anyway, just gonna close out my write-ups with her audition and some other highlights from her:

(oh look, another dedication to @~Tom~)

And her and other voice actress icon Tara Strong did this anti-Trump anthem to the tune of Christina Aguilera's Beautiful:

And lastly to close this write-up out, she has also been in several Rob Zombie movies:

MV5BNjFhYThlMTctNWFlMi00YjA4LTkxOTgtNmM3

I AM LEFT WITH NO CHOICE BUT TO STAN.

(Not me doing this entire write-up and then going "you know what, maybe I should've tried to drag her further into this game" aslahlshdj why am I like this?)

• Solaris changed the title to The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)