The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah if you have that many left mathematically you are bound to lose some of them now. 

Well 1 of the 7 got immunity, I had to go look again.  Still odds arent looking goof for my favorites!

My sincerest apologies to Lily and probably Wally because I know this write-up will be offensive to her/them, but...

SASHA ALLEN

Sasha_Allen.jpg

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest. As evidenced by the few times I've nominated her, I never really got the Sasha hype. That's not to say Sasha was bad or anything or that I even dislike her (granted she was in a season with Danielle Bradbery, Holly Tucker and The Swon Brothers so it's not like I had any energy left to dislike her if I wanted to), but my thoughts on her can be summarized up by the below gif:

tenor.gif?itemid=14139795

All I remember about Sasha was that she sang a Carrie Underwood song at some point in time. IDF loved it. I didn't care. She wound up choosing to be on Shakira's team, which I thought was surprising since that seemed like a combination that wasn't going to work. Sasha ended up making it to the Top 5, though, so I guess it worked out on her behalf. And, like I said before, Danielle and The Swon were still there so them making the Top 3 over Amber & Sasha?

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

However, I low-key was not a fan of season four because all of my favourites went home early (except for Sarah Simmons, but Adam was determined to assign her the worst possible song choices apparently?), so that may have influenced my feelings towards the final few weeks.

All of that said, Sasha has her own Wikipedia page and it's fairly detailed, which is more than can be said for most of the people from this show, so

Arrested Development GIF

And thanks to said Wikipedia page, I can list off her performances:

Blind Auditions - Not Ready to Make Nice by The Chicks

Battle Rounds - Try by Pink (vs. Amber Carrington)

Knockout Rounds - At Last by Etta James (vs. Shawna P. - WHOMST?)

Playoffs - Oh! Darling by The Beatles

Top 12 - Alone by Heart

Top 10 - Next To Me by Emeli Sande

Top 8 - Without You by David Guetta feat. Usher

Top 6 - Ain't No Way by Aretha Franklin // Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood

Top 5 - I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton

• Sad 6

I cut 

image.jpeg.5a6e8bd4c730144cf48bf43175e31c37.jpeg

Dia Frampton

Dia was on the first season of the voice. She sang Bubbly  by Colbie Calliat. She got Cee Lo and Blake to turn and I remember Cee Lo was creepy in his speech to get her on his team. So she picked Blake as her coach. She went against Serabee singing You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes. She won and made it to the next week. She made it to the first round of lives and sang Heartless by Kanye West and moved on by the public vote. Then in the semifinals, she did Losing My Religion by R.E.M. where she made it to the finale. Then in the finale, she did Inventing Shadows by herself and I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty with Blake Shelton. 

Favorite Performance: 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

Says the guy who just cuts IDF favorites

Congrats on having literally the least original comeback in the history of ever! :yawn:

And I’ve actually cut several non-IDF favourites but whatever helps your narrative :bobo:

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I was close to saving Sasha but went for India in the end. I had a feeling they’d both be likely for cuts in this round. 😢

I was torn between a couple :( But S4 having like 600 contestants remaining made me lean in that direction.

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

MJ would've saved Barrett so its kinda your fault 

*it’s

But this post makes no sense because

A. Barrett was saved before I even made my save to begin with, and

B.  My save was always going to be Kimberly 

TEAM USHER GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS!

3Uzf.gif

My cut for this round is.....

AMBER CARRINGTON, Season 4, Team Adam

Amber-Carrington.png

There's really no cut I can make that will not piss off anyone at this point, so hopefully this won't be as painful as the other possibilities. I remember liking Amber a lot during her run on the mythicized Season 4. She's what I would describe as a perfect singing show contestant: great chops and technique, can sing lots of genres, and a pleasing personality that's easy to root for. She would have been a perfect AI contestant, but glad she chose the right show *ahem*. She also benefitted from an underdog story arc due to being a one-chair turn and being in a season was stacked with female talent of all kinds. I guess she was lucky that most of those talents ended up cancelling each other, LOL. But for real, I love how varied and unexpected her song choices were: from Adele to Katy Perry to Martina McBride and even Skid Row, she took up every challenge the show threw her. I would have loved her to be in the finale over the Swon Brothers, but Minivan's gotta Minivan. 

I'm a little disappointed though that Amber didn't really do anything noteworthy with her musical talents post-Voice. She'd do a gig here and there, but I think she got back to waitressing at one point? And last I heard, she decided to prioritize being a mom with her admittedly cute husband and her lovely daughter Isla. A noble choice, for sure, but in the future I do hope she can find herself in a place where she can manage a music career and a family life. That voice is too good to waste. Good luck Amber!

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Sad (Semifinals)

Kinda sucks that she got eliminated after this performance. Love the bizarre song choice and how she made it work.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

TEAM USHER GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS!

3Uzf.gif

My cut for this round is.....

AMBER CARRINGTON, Season 4, Team Adam

Amber-Carrington.png

There's really no cut I can make that will not piss off anyone at this point, so hopefully this won't be as painful as the other possibilities. I remember liking Amber a lot during her run on the mythicized Season 4. She's what I would describe as a perfect singing show contestant: great chops and technique, can sing lots of genres, and a pleasing personality that's easy to root for. She would have been a perfect AI contestant, but glad she chose the right show *ahem*. She also benefitted from an underdog story arc due to being a one-chair turn and being in a season was stacked with female talent of all kinds. I guess she was lucky that most of those talents ended up cancelling each other, LOL. But for real, I love how varied and unexpected her song choices were: from Adele to Katy Perry to Martina McBride and even Skid Row, she took up every challenge the show threw her. I would have loved her to be in the finale over the Swon Brothers, but Minivan's gotta Minivan. 

I'm a little disappointed though that Amber didn't really do anything noteworthy with her musical talents post-Voice. She'd do a gig here and there, but I think she got back to waitressing at one point? And last I heard, she's gonna prioritize on being a mom with her admittedly cute husband and her lovely daughter Isla. A noble choice, for sure, but in the future I do hope she can find herself in a place where she can manage a music career and a family life. That voice is too good to waste. Good luck Amber!

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Sad (Semifinals)

Kinda sucks that she got eliminated after this performance. Love the bizarre song choice and how she made it work.

Dead to me!

• Haha 1