Favorite indie girl? (Seasons 18-20)

Gustavo527

Favorite indie female singer (Season 18-20)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which indie-alternative female contestant is your favorite?

• Joanna Serenko (S18)
    • Zan Fiskum (S18)
    • Cami Clune (S19)
    • Julia Cooper (S19)
    • Ryleigh Modig (S20)
    • Anna Grace (S20)

1. Zan Fiskum ❤️ (Stellar beginning to end. I mean if we don't count that C*mila bus)

2. Ryleigh Modig (didn't care for her blind but everything else was fantastic)

3. Cami Clune (the highs were high but the lows were very low)

4. Joanna Serenko (consistent run, but nothing that really stood out)

5. Anna Grace (suffered from song choice, but ended run on a high note)

6. Julia Cooper (tbh I didn't really like her)

Also interesting note, 5/6 of these girls got billie at some point, 3 of which were "when the party's over"

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

1. Zan (I thought she was fantastic every round excluding the Semis)

2. Cami (Same as Zan, but I don't like her tone as much)

3. Joanna (The most original of the bunch, but I prefer the two above her)

4. Anna (She's only here for her KO/PO)

5. Ryleigh (Liked her, but none of her performances are personal favs for me)

6. Julia (Spectacular audition, never reached that level again for me)

Overall, I like all of them to an extent.

Edited by FloorWax

Joanna is the most talented vocalist of the group, but the direction she’s taking in music doesn’t require that, so she didn’t really show what she’s capable of. Her song choices on the show were really strange, which was probably by design, to keep her from gaining any traction. 

Cami had the best run of the group, IMO. She got some decent song choices too. 

I’m not really into any of the others. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1. Zan (call me delusional but I genuinely still think she was the best in season 18. Her tone, power, texture, style, everything is so on point. Sleeping Problems (her album) is absolute magic from beginning to end. Honestly, she never missed, even with that Camilla bus she did ok. Period) Fav performance: Blowin in the Wind
  2. Ryleigh (A queen duh!? I feel like I enjoyed some of her performances more than others (esp her blind and knockout) but I just enjoyed her run and Ryleigh as a person so much on the show. I thought she was one of the most unique. Even though she mostly used her head voice, she had an insane amount of power. An icon!!) Fav performance: It Will Rain
  3. Cami (Honestly slayed from beginning to end as well. The Joke wasn’t even that bad. Her tone is everything. I could go on and on. She’s a freaking queen.) Fav performance: Skinny Love
  4. Julia (I thought she never missed either. Her head voice is something else, and her switch from chest to head is amazing. Her style was so unique. She deserved better tbh) Fav performance: Alaska
  5. Anna Grace (She has a really cool tone and when she had good songs, she slayed. Unfortunately song choices made me enjoy her less in the beginning, but regardless she was still one of my favorites) Fav performance: If I Die Young
  6. Joanna (idk if she was indie tbh but I couldn’t enjoy her as much. I thought her runs were too much sometimes. Either way her tone is amazing and she has smoothness that makes it so satisfying to hear her. I’ve listened to some of her post show stuff and I enjoy it) Fav performance: when the party’s over
  • Like 2

Zan, definitely my favorite here.

Honestly indie girls haven’t done much for me lately. Found most of them at least ok but I wasn’t as hyped for them as most users here.

Edited by Daillon

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

Honestly indie girls haven’t done much for me lately. Found most of them at least ok but I wasn’t as hyped for them as most users here.

Office Space No GIF

I think the opposite actually. The indie girls in the last few seasons are actually some of the strongest we have had like ever. But it's fine, that's your opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Office Space No GIF

I think the opposite actually. The indie girls in the last few seasons are actually some of the strongest we have had like ever. But it's fine, that's your opinion

I don't think any of them had a very strong run without flaws, they all stumbled at least once. Most due to song choice or weird battle pairing. Some of them simply choose songs to big for them to execute.

3 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I don't think any of them had a very strong run without flaws, they all stumbled at least once. Most due to song choice or weird battle pairing. Some of them simply choose songs to big for them to execute.

Mind Your Own Business Whatever GIF by Rooster Teeth

Of all types of contestants, it is most difficult to get one of these to the finale right now. The audience just doesn’t dig them. Well, maybe it would be harder to get a female rapper or female heavy metal rock singer in. Notice the common theme, though....”female.” 

• Like 3

1. Cami - my favorite contestant of all time

2. Ryleigh - iconic vibrato, style, and personality

3. Julia - such a unique and beautiful voice, I think she would have made it farther if she hadn't been in the same season as Cami

4. Anna - I might be the only person who loved her blind and battle as much as her other performances

5. Joanna - love her, is she indie though? 

6. Zan - fantastic vocalist, I just never got invested in her for some reason

Cami is definitely the best in this group. The texture of her voice is something else, and I really liked all of her performances besides her T9.

Anna Grace and Julia are next because of Anna Grace’s emotion and Julia’s vocal ability and versatility. (And they both ended with great performances)

Ryleigh is next because of her battle and playoff, though her audition and knockout were good but not that great to me. (She managed to leave on a good note, but I prefer the previous two)

I liked Zan and Joanna and they were deserving of semis (the only time I ever agreed with all 9 members) but I didn’t love them (They were both great in Blinds for me but they didn’t impress me as much in later performances)

I don’t usually favor indie girls, but I thought all of these indie contestants were good. 

1. Julia - inventive runs, amazing blind
2. Anna - stunning tone and head voice, ability to emote
3. Cami - amazing tone, her blind was amazing
4. Ryleigh - ability to emote, cool tone, amazing IS/battle/T17
5. Joanna - no comment 
6. Zan - no comment