SCD Series 19 Discussion Thread

We should start to hear more details in the coming months for the new series of Strictly! The plans so far I believe are to go back to a full-length season with the return of Blackpool, so hoping that can all happen. ❤️

Some recent news - Zoe Ball is leaving It Takes Two 😢 Her replacement announced today - Janette will be co-hosting with Rylan! So she will be stepping down as a pro. I think this is a good fit for her in the hosting capacity, and her run with HRVY last year was a nice closure as a pro.

• Like 1

Happy for Janette and glad that she will still be part of the upcoming series!

They also said there would be new pro dancers announced soon.  Since they’re likely going back to 15 couples this year, there will probably be a new female dancer and two new male dancers since currently there’s 8 females (Amy, Dianne, Karen, Katya, Luba, Nadiya, Nancy and Oti) and 7 males (Aljaz, Anton, Giovanni, Gorka, Graziano, Johannes and Neil).  AJ and Kevin weren’t immediately replaced last year since it was a smaller cast but their spots and Janette’s spot will probably be filled this time since there’s a need for more partners and benched pros.  

I think Kai Widdrington from DWTS Ireland is a definite hire as a pro partner or benched pro since he was involved in the pro dances last year.  I can also see Pasquale La Rocca getting hired after participating in the pro dances but I’m not as enamored with the idea of him as a pro.  He’s gotten very lucky with his wins in Belgium and Ireland since he had actual ringers and he didn’t do so well with contender/non-ringer Grainne in Ireland’s Switch-Up Week; she was progressing so much and then with Pasquale, her scores slid all the way down to the same number she received for her first dance.  I’ve also heard he’s been a bit misogynistic in IG posts that are now deleted.  Idk, he just rubs me the wrong way.  

Some on Digital Spy are also throwing around names like Michael Danilczuk and Jowita Przystał, who won The Greatest Dancer with Oti as their mentor, and Ksenia Zsikhotska, another DWTS Ireland pro.  Jowita and Ksenia are also on the short side like Janette so either of them would be sensible replacements.  Also, Stephen Vincent’s name was floated around last year as a replacement for Kevin along with Kai, Pasquale and Aaron Brown from Britain’s Got Talent and DWTS Sweden; plus, Stephen’s wife, Kylee, is petite so she could be considered as a Janette replacement if Stephen is being considered again this year.  

The new pros will probably be announced before the end of July.  Series 14 had Katya, Gorka and Oksana announced in late June with Neil, AJ and Chloe added in late July, series 15 had Amy, Dianne and Nadiya announced in late June, series 16 had Graziano, Luba and Johannes announced in late May and series 17 had Nancy announced in late July.  I hope we hear something soon since Janette is already confirmed to be leaving and DWTS in the USA takes ages to even announce the pros let alone the celebs and partnerships.  

Edited by Ariel1989

Sad about Zoe leaving ITT. 😢 I do think Janette is a really great replacement for her and she'll be perfect for the role. I am sad we won't see her as a pro this year - but not sure she would achieve as strong/standout of a year as she did with HRVY. So it's probably for the best she ends on a high note? I do wish we could have known and she had a proper send off last year (same with Zoe).

Thanks for all of that info and speculation regarding the pros there @Ariel1989. Definitely excited and looking forward to on who the new pros will be.

• Like 1