'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

7. SAVED BY THE BELL

8ab4276af6363d1e93e011658b1a065c0ac2be1d22d8046905d7a538db1b1cdc._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg

tumblr_o1eyunfULk1rn2pfqo1_500.gifv

GIGI: 3

WALLACE: 3

PUBLIC: 6

JC: 9

DEREK: 13

DIANA: 20

GIGI

The show that I put through to the top 20! You're probably wondering why I didn't put it at #1.  Well, it's because two other shows on this list are loved by me more.  Saved By the Bell is a teen sitcom that takes place at Bayside High. There are several guys and girls that are friends on the show, including Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), A.C. Slater (Mario Lopez), Jessie Spano (Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren), Kelly Kapowski, the girl all the guys want to date (Tiffani-Amber Thiessen), Samuel "Screech" Powers (Dustin Diamond), and Lisa Turtle (Lark Voorhies).  The show touches on a lot of subjects, such as drug use, driving under the influence, homelessness, remarriage, death, women's rights, and environmental issues.  It lasted four seasons, which is a total of 86 episodes.

WALLACE

Saved by the Bell is such a classic and fantastic show, and I'm super glad that it made the finals here! This is another show that did really well without being nominated throughout the game until towards the very end of it when someone (can't remember who? Was it Diana?) nominated on the battle rounds, thankfully it was at no risk of being in danger. I do remember being very worried for this show at the start when the side and spin-off series got nominated and cut early on, which had me worried if SBTB could have longevity here. Thankfully it did. Saved by the Bell is a show I watched growing up, really loved and watched all of the episodes. I still watch the reruns from time to time whenever I randomly decide to do so. And the show is still as great and funny to me then as it is now.

Saved by the Bell is an American teen sitcom that stars: Mark-Paul Gosselaar (as Zachary "Zack" Morris), Tiffani Amber Thiesseen (as Kelly Kapowski), Dustin Diamond (as Samuel "Screech" Powers), Mario Lopez (as Albert Clifford "A.C." Slater), Elizabeth Berkley (as Jessie Spano), Lark Voorhies (as Lisa Turtle), Dennis Haskins (as Mr. Richard Belding) and more. To no surprise, I really enjoyed all of the characters and what they bring to the show. Zack is the fun rebellious heartthrob kid who is the star of the show. Kelly is the beautiful and popular cheerleader that all the boys like and have a crush on. I know I had a crush on Kelly as well. :giggle: Zack & Kelly were the it couple of the show. Both were attracted to each other, although the relationship wasn't easy and was quite on and off again. Screech is the dorky smart and socially awkward kid who is Zack's best friend. Screech also has a long time crush on Lisa, who hardly gives him the time of the day as she's annoyed by and isn't attracted to him. Lisa is the rich girl in of the group, who also loves and is into fashion. A.C. is the popular jock, who participates in football and wrestling. He viewed himself as the ladies man who thinks he can get any girl he wants but that isn't always the case. He can be quite cocky and a rival of Zack's, but he can have his softer moments in the show too. Jessie is a liberal, who is into politics and women's rights and equality. She's not afraid to put a man in his place whenever he's in the wrong. She is very smart and the class president. Jessie and A.C. had an on again off again "opposites attract" relationship where they would really be into each other or can't stand each other.

The show as a whole was a fun lighthearted comedy but it did cover various serious topics such drug use, driving under the influence, homelessness, women's rights, equality, environmental issues and more. This was a great show for young viewers that had a mix of fun comedy and teachable lessons on tougher subjects. There is a reboot version that aired late last season, and I do enjoy that version although not as much as this original version. Thank you, Gigi for bringing this into the Top 20. I hope it ranks well and high here.

JC

Iconic show and so much nostalgia attached. I loved Zach for some reason, probably because I had a huge crush on him. I still do not know how he is partially a minority, because he totes looks like the blond white prototype (which is one of my main types). But I guess I feel the same about Darren Criss, who I also have had a crush on, who also is a minority that does not look like a minority at all. Anyways, I always watched this because everyone did back in the day, unless you lived under a rock. This has one of the most catchy, annoying, most recognized theme songs. I honestly would probably be dancing/scarred if I heard it randomly. But anyways, this was a great show where I enjoyed the main character actually the most. I did not like the two sidekick men as much, but Screech was at least funny. Not sure I liked any of the girls honestly, they were all pretty annoying to be honest. I have to give this show a high ranking though just for name recognition and nostalgia. Not sure if it is a threat though as I just realized writing this I do not want it to win...

DEREK

This is definitely an iconic iconic iconic 90s TV show. Not my favorite but I'm happy to have this in the 20 over the likes of Full House or whatever. Would it be in my personal 20? lol what do you think?

DIANA

We all have a petty ranking here is mine.

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#7 Posted)
1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Im just making a joke, I feel like it’s allowed when my #1 shows up. Also sometimes my jokes aren’t funny, so that’s understandable. I’m sorry that my comments have contributed in any way to making this rankdown unenjoyable for you. Dee and Megan aren’t here so maybe I’ve been filling the drama void (another joke!) 

I’ll calm down and let’s just sit back and find out our winner, for better or for worse.

Ahh thank you for this. its all good and understandable. :hug: I'm quite sensitive so I thought you were making a shady shot/comment at me for not liking dramas. :(

I often get shaded or frowned upon from many people here on my music tastes and television shows taste in these games over the years, and its not fun to me. Its happened A LOT more in past years vs. now. So I had a flashback of that here.

I apologize for overreacting, as well. It's just something I've gone through a lot here, and I feel I don't fit in here sometimes.

Okay, stepping off my soap box. :haha:

• Like 1

So happy with Saved By the Bell making it alp the  way to 7th. ❤️

Of course I wished it was higher, but the sudden dislike that came about it here surprised me. :haha:

But love SBTB and thanks Gigi for giving it immunity. ❤️

6. MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN

p7896471_b_h13_aa.jpg

TOak.gif

GIGI: 2

DIANA: 5

DEREK: 11

WALLACE: 11

JC: 12

PUBLIC: 13

GIGI

Married...With Children is another one of my favorite shows. It takes place in Chicago at the Bundy family residence.  There is Al (Ed O'Neill), the shoe salesman father that used to be a football player, his lazy wife Peggy (Katey Sagal), Kelly, the pretty, not so smart one (Christina Applegate), Bud (David Faustino), the smart "loser", and Buck, the family dog.  They live next to Marcy (Amanda Bearse) and Steve Rhoades (David Garrison), who come over frequently.  Later in the show, when Marcy divorced Steve, she married Jefferson D'Arcy (Ted McGinley). The show ran for 11 seasons and a total of 259 episodes.  "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra is the show's theme song.

DIANA

KATEY SEGAL IS LIFE. We must protect her at ALL costs okay all costs. This is a show that probably deserves a higher ranking then what I am giving it but it just how the cookie crumbles with my other top favorites. I loved Katey, I loved Ed O’Neil, I loved them all really. If I ever need a good laugh, I can just put this show on and it’ll be a good time for me just to forget about all my problems. It makes me happy. It’s hilarious and the cast is very likeable. It’s a big part of the 90’s and deserved it’s place in our endgame.

DEREK

This show has the potential to win, and I'm okay with that. Christina Applegate, Ed O'Neill, and Katey Sagal are three of the most legendary iconic etc. actors to ever appear on television, and it is in large part because of this sitcom. 11 seasons from 1987 to 1997. Longest running live action sitcom on Fox, and another one of those shows where Fox bungled the renewal and it was cancelled for no reason lol.

WALLACE

One of my favorite moments in this rankdown was when 3 different rankers went to quickly save Married.... With Children right away n the Random noms round. :dead: I also considered it as one of my save options, but went with something else. That showed me that Married.... With Children was quite popular and loved amongst us rankers and it was a show I didn't have to worry about in this game. Yay, I was right! I loved and watched this show a lot when I was younger. I probably shouldn't have as it was a bit mature for my age but oh well. I found it funny. :haha:  I haven't watched this show in forever, but I certainly love to rewatch it if I have the chance. The show is about the Bundys - with Al (who works as a woman's shoe salesman), Peggy (his wife), Kelly (their beautiful and popular daughter) and Bud (their smart, childish unpopular son). I loved all of the different and various personalities of the family. The show also has a good amount of star power with Ed O'Neill, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate and Ted McGinley.

Married.... With Children holds the honor for the longest running live action sitcom on FOX for 10 seasons, airing 259 episodes from April 5, 1987 through June 9, 1997. I also noticed how Ed O'Neill's long running comedies made the Top 20 on both the 90s and 2000s TV shows rankdown game, which is impressive! I am curious to see how well this show ranks and if it's popular enough to crack the Top 10 here.

JC

I actually do not think I ever watched this, but I looked up the show and saw Christina Applegate, so it gets an automatic bump just for that. QUEEN :wub: 

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (#6 Posted)

Yes to Seinfeld being in the Bottom 5! I never got into the Seinfeld craze.

Ugh at Sister, Sister just missing out on the Top 10.

Double ugh at Saved By The Bell and Married...With Children missing out on the Top 5. Considering how much dislike SBTB seems to have, I guess I should be happy it made it to #7. Tiffani Thiessen and Lark Voorhies before she went off the deep end😍 🤤

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

You’re not sorry I missed the deadline because my mom has surgery?

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Omgod I told you I felt very bad about your mom and her surgery. Of course. Not sure where you got that from but please do not accuse me something that is completely false. I won’t stand for that and that’s extremely unfair to insinuate something like that. You know it’s not true so I am disappointed that you would do that.

im not sorry about ranking golden girls last which is what I thought you were mad about.

4 hours ago, JC said:

Omgod I told you I felt very bad about your mom and her surgery. Of course. Not sure where you got that from but please do not accuse me something that is completely false. I won’t stand for that and that’s extremely unfair to insinuate something like that. You know it’s not true so I am disappointed that you would do that.

im not sorry about ranking golden girls last which is what I thought you were mad about.

I’m just messing with you. :dead: You know I would never actually think that of you. :haha:

My mom is recovering nicely so that’s all I care about out. My mother > The Golden Girl’s rank in an internet game. :lmao:

11 hours ago, Steven_ said:

I did the math. No spoilers if the winner would've been different or not, but this would've been the Bottom 10:

11. GROWING PAINS

12. ER

13. DAWSON'S CREEK

14. SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH

15. THE POWERPUFF GIRLS

16. ROSEANNE

17. LIVING SINGLE

18. WILL & GRACE

19. DARIA

20. SEINFELD

I already like this ranking more. :wub: Can you 10 through 6 before you reveal the actual Top 5? ❤️

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)