'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

Beavis and Butt-Head

giphy.gif

I'm here to save Clarissa Explains It All. :wub: I don't want to cut Babylon 5 because maybe @Deeee or @totes4totes like it? I do know of Beavis and Butt-Head and like it, but among the nominees it's okay to go at this point. Beavis and Butt-Head is an American adult animated comedy television series created by Mike Judge. The series follows the Beavis and Butt-Head who a pair of teenage slackers characterized by their apathy, lack of intelligence, lowbrow humor and failure to attract women. Beavis and Butt-Head are both voiced by Mike Judge. Fun fact, Daria Morgendorffer is a fictional character from the MTV animated series Beavis and Butt-Head and its spin-off Daria. She was voiced in both productions by Tracy Grandstaff. Daria. :wub: Beavis and Butt-Head received widespread critical acclaim for its satirical, scathing commentary on society, although its violent content generated controversy. It aired on MTV and Comedy Central for 8 seasons and 222 episodes and it had a major impact and pop culture. The show generated a movie entitled Beavis and Butt-Head Do America which did moderately well at the box office. On February 24, 2021, the Paramount+ streaming service announced a new movie based on the series. 😮 The show spawned video games, comic books and even an album. Each episode features frequent interstitial scenes in which they critique music videos using commentary improvised by Mike Judge much in the same way as Mystery Science Theater 3000 which is still in this rankdown.

Save: Clarissa Explains It All

Babylon 5

MV5BN2Q3ZWM0YzgtMGU0Mi00OWM0LWIwNzctNmQ4

This is kind of an awkward situation as more than 24 hours have passed although Elliott forgot to do and/or post his write-up…. so I don’t know what the deal is this round. But we are allowed to cut/save after the 24 hours passed and that has happened. I’ll do a write-up just so I don’t lose another show I like lol. Babylon 5 is the only show of the last 4 nominees I don’t know nor have ever watched so it’s an easy cut for me here. Babylon 5 is an American space opera drama that was created by J. Michael Straczynski. Babylon 5 aired for 5 seasons with 110 episodes from February 22, 1993 through November 25, 1998. The show stars Bruce Boxleitner, Michael O’Hara, Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, Richard Biggs, Andrea Thompson, Billy Mumy, Jason Carter and many more.

Babylon 5 is about the human military and alien diplomats joining forces and working together on a space station called…. you guessed it, Babylon 5. They come together as the Babylon 5 was built in the aftermath of various major inter-species wars  as a neutral ground for galactic diplomacy and trade. The show covers various stories and includes plots such as Babylon 5’s embroilment in a millennial cyclic conflict  amongst ancient races, inter-race wars and their aftermaths. The human side of the group are a crucial part in resisting against Earth’s demolish nature into totalitarianism. The episodes also covers themes of personal change, loss, oppression, corruption and redemption. I do feel like this show was pretty successful and maybe well received as it lasted 5 seasons. Sorry to the fans of this cut but this is just the show I have the least connection to.

Saving: Rocko’s Modern Life

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I like that show too, but it's been nominated a few times so I figured it wouldn't last much longer. :haha:

Ahh yeah that's how I make my cuts sometimes too. :broken:  So I can't blame you there. :haha: 

11 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Someone save Xena. 🥷

xena warrior princess 90s GIF

I'm rooting for a Xena save too so fingers crossed! :haha: 

Lol no one claimed this last write up after all this time? 😐 :dead: 

Save Xena: Warrior Princess

Cut Ed, Edd n Eddy

Y'all are killing me with me doing these extra write-ups. :dead: I deserve a bonus in this game. lol jk.

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

it's been like 15 minutes since Steven said anyone could do it???

Calm Down Taylor Swift GIF by MOODMAN

Oooh lol I missed that part. :haha: I thought write-ups were allowed since yesterday afternoon as Victoria and I did some there after the original 24 hours passed. :haha: 

8 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh lol I missed that part. :haha: I thought write-ups were allowed since yesterday afternoon as Victoria and I did some there after the original 24 hours passed. :haha: 

No, I asked for an extension and then y’all rudely still took the cuts & saves after the initial 24 hours so I bounced :/

Ed, Edd n Eddy

ed__edd_n_eddy__poster__by_fikandzo_d6b2

So I think this is the 3rd write-up I did this round? Lmaoo oh my. :dead: You rankers are overworking me having me do all these write-ups. Although I don’t mind it if I can save more fave shows of mine so maybe I’ll do. :haha: It was down to two shows I like so thats always a bummer to choose between. But I have chosen to cut Ed, Edd n Eddy as while I do like this show it’s not a huge favorite of mine and I do prefer Xena. Although I am shocked no one rushed to save  Xena. That’s very telling as I thought this show was more liked amongst us rankers. But back on topic to Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Ed, Edd n Eddy is an animated comedy slapstick series that aired for 6 seasons and 69 episodes from January 4, 1999 through November 8, 2009 on Cartoon Network. Wow I did not know this show ran this long. I think I probably watched it for the first 2 or 3 years and then grew out of it. And seeing that it was only on one year in the ‘90s I think it’s fine for this to go as I would want to keep purely/mostly aired in the 90s kinds of shows around for the most part. This has only 1 year in the 90s compared to 10 in the 2000s. Ed, Edd n Eddy was created and directed by Danny Antonucci as eel as directed by Scott Underwood. It features voiceover work  from people such as Matt Hill, Samuel Vincent, Tony Sampson, David Paul Grove, Kathleen Barr and more.Ed, Edd n Eddy is about 3 pre-teen boys all with these respective names and they are known as “The Eds” who live in the town called Peach Creek. Eddy is the leader of the trio  and as young boys, of course they find themselves and  take part in mischievous schemes and try to earn and mae money from their peers so they can buy one of their favorite items “jawbreakers.” Of course things never go to plan and they often fail in achieving what they want and it’s  always hilarious to watch. :haha: 

The show received good reviews and was a big hit on Cartoon Network. So much so that it’s The Cartoon Network’s longest running program. It also won a number of awards such a Reuben Award, a SOCAN award and 2 Leo Awards. So it’s quite a successful cartoon. As I said earlier this was a show I enjoyed and found fun but never was a huge all-time favorite. I would be curious to see more of the episodes I haven’t seen.

Saving: Xena: Warrior Princess

200.gif

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

No, I asked for an extension and then y’all rudely still took the cuts & saves after the initial 24 hours so I bounced :/

Ah I understand and sorry. I just followed Victoria's lead there as I wasn't sure on the amount of time on the extension. But at least I got to save the show you wanted. :hug: