VintageVoice and The Season 20 Smackdown Ranking (Speed Run Complete)

VintageVoice

38 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Okay, some disagreements here lol. 

- I feel like I was a bigger fan of Pete's run than most. I'd have put him way above #25. 

- Did not like Emma Caroline at all, I'd have her way lower than #14.

- Zania would comfortably be in my Top 10.

I like Pete as a person more than as a vocalist (and his last two performances bumped him down a few spots), which is the main reason he was in the first part of the speed run over the second.

🌟🌟SPEED RUN, ROUND 3: Catch Me If You Can🌟🌟

10. Savanna Woods (Team Kelly)

2021-TheVoice-S20-SAVANNA-WOODS-450X450-

Genre: Rock

Favorite Performance: Black Hole Sun (knockout)

9. Pia Renee (Team Legend)

2021-TheVoice-S20-PIA-RENEE-450X450-KO.j

Genre: R&B/Reggae

Favorite Performance: What The World Needs Now (knockout)

8. Rachel Mac (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-RACHEL-MAC-450X450-KO.

Genre: Folk

Favorite Performance: Rainbow (playoffs)

7. Anna Grace (Team Kelly --> Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANNA-GRACE-450X450-KO.

Genre: Indie/Jazz/Pop

Favorite Performance: If I Die Young (knockout)

6. Lindsay Joan (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-LINDSAY-JOAN-450X450-K

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Nightmare (blind audition)

• Like 2

• VintageVoice changed the title to VintageVoice and The Season 20 Smackdown Ranking (Speed Run Complete)
2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Did not expect Lindsay Joan to be higher in your ranking than BK’s. Also happy to see Corey and Dana in your T5 (since they weren’t in BK’s). 

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

We love to see it though! 🥰

…I’ll be honest, a small part of why Lindsay’s up that high (besides being a very solid vocalist) is the fact she gives off the vibe of the type of woman I’d have a massive crush on but be way too socially awkward to approach IRL 😅🥴

Anyway, top 5 write-ups should be out this weekend, depending on when I have a chance to work on them.

• Haha 1

Weren´t lying when you said speed run, lol.

Some thoughts:

• I´d have Pete and Jordan much higher. Speechless aside, Pete had a great run in my opinion. He did Steve Winwood justice in his blind, went for a smokey and heartfelt approach in his (sadly shortclipped) battle, and went out of his comfort zone with a hard Lewis Capaldi song. Plus, the Pat Benetar performance was just a feel good moment. As for Jordan, slow and steady, you´ll win the race. Once he got comfortable (POs), he kicked ass those three weeks. It helps that he´s right up my alley as an artist. Pete would be at 10 for me. Jordan would be at 4. 

• Savanna Woods´s pre-lives were as perfect as you can get. She´s at 3 for me. I mean, you do Chris Cornell justice, I have zero doubts she would have killed it live. But we were luckily given 3 fantastic showings.

• Nice to see Pia in the Top 10. Definitely deserved for me. I´d have her a bit higher, at 7. Throughly enjoyed her run.

• I´m surprised to see a few ones that high, personally, but different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

My top 10 would probably go something like: (this is without rewatching performances)

1. Cam

2. Corey 

3. Savanna 

4. Ryleigh

5. Gihanna

6. Zania 

7. Pete

8. Victor

9. Anna

10. Pia

HM: Rachel, Kenzie, Lindsay, Dana (out of respect)

I know the exclusion of Dana is blasphemous but... I just never connected with her vocal style. I always respected her performances more than I've enjoyed them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

know the exclusion of Dana is blasphemous but... I just never connected with her vocal style. I always respected her performances more than I've enjoyed them.

Yeah, same. Except that i would dare to say that i actually enjoyed her performances, but i don't find myself rewatching them like i do with other performances from that season (or in general from The Voice)  

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Oooooooo love to see Savanna in that top 10!!! As she should 🤩

Also a Ryleigh, Dana, Cam, Corey, Gihanna top 5???? Stunning all around bestie you've got taste!!!

The overall top 5 was pretty straightforward for me, but ranking within the top 5 was difficult 😣 

Savanna could’ve been higher if we’d gotten to see her in the playoffs, but her three performances all kicked ass so having her in the top 10 was a no-brainer for me.

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

My top 10 would probably go something like: (this is without rewatching performances)

1. Cam

2. Corey 

3. Savanna 

4. Ryleigh

5. Gihanna

6. Zania 

7. Pete

8. Victor

9. Anna

10. Pia

HM: Rachel, Kenzie, Lindsay, Dana (out of respect)

I know the exclusion of Dana is blasphemous but... I just never connected with her vocal style. I always respected her performances more than I've enjoyed them.

She’s not for everyone, but Dana (as I’ll tackle in her write-up) was someone I had a blast watching, which is how she made it to my top 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Weren´t lying when you said speed run, lol.

Some thoughts:

• I´d have Pete and Jordan much higher. Speechless aside, Pete had a great run in my opinion. He did Steve Winwood justice in his blind, went for a smokey and heartfelt approach in his (sadly shortclipped) battle, and went out of his comfort zone with a hard Lewis Capaldi song. Plus, the Pat Benetar performance was just a feel good moment. As for Jordan, slow and steady, you´ll win the race. Once he got comfortable (POs), he kicked ass those three weeks. It helps that he´s right up my alley as an artist. Pete would be at 10 for me. Jordan would be at 4. 

• Savanna Woods´s pre-lives were as perfect as you can get. She´s at 3 for me. I mean, you do Chris Cornell justice, I have zero doubts she would have killed it live. But we were luckily given 3 fantastic showings.

• Nice to see Pia in the Top 10. Definitely deserved for me. I´d have her a bit higher, at 7. Throughly enjoyed her run.

• I´m surprised to see a few ones that high, personally, but different strokes for different folks.

If we were looking just at Pete’s pre-lives and just at Jordan’s lives, both would be up at least five spots. In the context of their whole runs, I had to make adjustments somewhere.

Savanna, had we seen one last performance from her, would’ve easily been up a couple spots, but I couldn’t quite justify having her higher due to her short run (and yes, I acknowledge that having Lindsay even higher than her despite fewer performances means that logic makes no sense).

Pia/Rachel/Anna I think was the trio that was overall hardest for me to decide who went where, so I went with who stylistically I’d be most likely to keep up with post show.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, VintageVoice said:

🌟🌟SPEED RUN, ROUND 3: Catch Me If You Can🌟🌟

10. Savanna Woods (Team Kelly)

2021-TheVoice-S20-SAVANNA-WOODS-450X450-

Genre: Rock

Favorite Performance: Black Hole Sun (knockout)

9. Pia Renee (Team Legend)

2021-TheVoice-S20-PIA-RENEE-450X450-KO.j

Genre: R&B/Reggae

Favorite Performance: What The World Needs Now (knockout)

8. Rachel Mac (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-RACHEL-MAC-450X450-KO.

Genre: Folk

Favorite Performance: Rainbow (playoffs)

7. Anna Grace (Team Kelly --> Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-ANNA-GRACE-450X450-KO.

Genre: Indie/Jazz/Pop

Favorite Performance: If I Die Young (knockout)

6. Lindsay Joan (Team Nick)

2021-TheVoice-S20-LINDSAY-JOAN-450X450-K

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Nightmare (blind audition)

This batch could have been your Top 5 and i would've been completely fine with it:wub: (Maybe slightly different order, but still)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

This batch could have been your Top 5 and i would've been completely fine with it:wub: (Maybe slightly different order, but still)

My top 3 was pretty much locked in, but 4-10 are pretty much interchangeable on where I’d rank them (it was easy to get them into the top 10, but within that was a massive pain to decide which artist went where 🤪)

12 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

My Top 10

1. Cam Anthony

2. Corey Ward

3. Dana Monique

4. Gihanna Zoe

5. Jordan Matthew Young

6. Anna Grace

7. Rachel Mac

8. Victor Solomon

9. Ryleigh Modig

10. Zae Romeo

Given 70% of this overlaps with my own top 10, it’s a solid list (Zae and Victor both just barely missed the top 10 as it was, and if I was only looking at his lives Jordan would’ve likely made the top third of my list).

My top 10 (without rewatching)

1. Cam Anthony

2. Dana Monique

3. Victor Solomon

4. Gihanna Zoe

5. Ryleigh Modig

6. Corey Ward

7. Rachel Mac

8. Zae Romeo

9. Savanna Woods

10. Pia renee

A few of my favourites of the season had short runs (lindsay Joan, Raine Stern, Savanna Woods) so I couldn't put the first 2 on my list.

Edited by Hsamid