SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU1 ROUTINE LIST:

l0ODSiE_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=grand

AUSTRALIA SEASON 1:

TOP 20 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "A New Day Has Come" - (Waltz by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Flashlight" - (Boogaloo by Nacho Pop) - Watch it here

Kassandra "Kassy" Lee  & Graeme Isaako - "Bleeding Love" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Yannus Sufandi) - Watch it here

TOP 18 WEEK ROUTINES:

Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Gasolina" - (Samba by Paul Green) - Watch it here

TOP 16 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "O Verona" - (Paso Doble by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

TOP 14 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "Break It Off" - (Hip-Hop by Tiana Joubert) - Watch it here

Vanessa Sew Hoy & Henry Byalikov - "Lo-Lo Dzama" - (African Samba by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Fix You" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis Linnert) - Watch it here

TOP 12 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Live And Let Die" - (Jazz by Leah Howart) - Watch it here

Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Crazy In Love" - (Hip-Hop) - Watch it here

TOP 12 WEEK GROUP ROUTINE:

Top 12 - "Blackbird" (Jazz by Kelley Abbey) - Watch it here

TOP 10 WEEK ROUTINES:

Rhiannon Villarreal & Henry Byalikov - "Fragile" - (Jazz by Kelley Abbey) - Watch it here

Vanessa Sew Hoy & Jack Chambers - "Kiss From A Rose" - (Lyrical Contemporary by Juliette "Jet" Verne) - Watch it here

Kate Wormald & Rhys Bobridge - "Give It To Me" - (Hip-Hop by Supple) - Watch it here

TOP 10 WEEK SOLOS:

Jack Chambers  - "Theme from Mission Impossible" (Jazz by Kelly Aykers) - Watch it here

TOP 8 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "Spider-Man Theme" - (Quickstep by Leanne Bampton) - Watch it here

Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "Singin' In The Rain" - (Hip-Hop by Supple) - Watch it here

Rhiannon Villarreal & Graeme Isaako - "4 Minutes" - (Jazz Funk Hip-Hop by Juliette "Jet" Verne) - Watch it here

TOP 6 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Rhys Bobridge - "Message To My Girl" - (Rumba by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

TOP 4 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "No One" - (Lyrical Jazz by Juliette "Jet" Verne) - Watch it here (23:25)

ROUND RULES

Congratulations to the finalists of Australia Season 1! Now is the time to rank all twenty routines to decide the winner of the season. Please submit some comment for your #1 ranking along with your rankings. These rankings will be due on Wednesday, Thursday 21th, 12:00 PM PST. Good luck! 

Please also submit a routine to join the Robbed Gallery!!

@Alex95 @.Rei  @*Wallace @*Diana @*Amanda @*Chris @JC @taylorkat @FrogLenzen@Erestor

Public rankings will be accepted as long as I get at least two set of rankings!

@Zoey @totes4totes @Elliott @sublymonal @kritaaay@Solaris @buffmetube

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU1) (Submit your rankings - Top 20)
3 hours ago, buffmetube said:

Damnit I missed this and Ghost in the Machine got eliminated before the Top 20? :thumbsdown:

Yeah it was robbed.. which is unfortunates considering there are two routines that shouldn’t be in this top 20 🙂

2 hours ago, kritaaay said:

That was quick! Does every round go this quick? I might actually join the rankdown for the next season if so.

Mini rankdowns go usually quick.. they normally last about two to three weeks 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

If anyone wants to do an honorary write-up of Ghost in the Machine, I'd love to read it because I'm absolutely baffled at the outrage right now

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Same lol

The style was innovative and interesting and actually sticks out in your mind as memorable across the season and honestly the entire SYTYCD series, especially on a season with so many memorable routines. Like animation hip hop? Genius. Unlike the others in that 5, even "Fragile" is not super memorable to me even though I adore Henry. The only other one that I find memorable would be Jemma and Rhys's waltz and they're not my favorites.

I just have to remember that not everyone has fabulous taste like myself and deal with this atrocity I guess.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Now I wish I signed up in time because the amount of Rhys routines in the final vote is offensive. 🙂 

Lol, you would say this. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, JC said:

The style was innovative and interesting and actually sticks out in your mind as memorable across the season and honestly the entire SYTYCD series, especially on a season with so many memorable routines. Like animation hip hop? Genius. Unlike the others in that 5, even "Fragile" is not super memorable to me even though I adore Henry. The only other one that I find memorable would be Jemma and Rhys's waltz and they're not my favorites.

I just have to remember that not everyone has fabulous taste like myself and deal with this atrocity I guess.

I agree with your comments regarding "Ghost in the Machine." :yes: 

Ugh now I don't know how I feel about sacrificing that dance as I do reeally love it (but didn't want to lose "Fragile" either as I really loved that one too). :dead: But I guess I'll have to live with it as well. :haha: 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

If anyone wants to do an honorary write-up of Ghost in the Machine, I'd love to read it because I'm absolutely baffled at the outrage right now

Ghost in the machine

6mg1w5.gif

Is a fantastic routine and your faves could never. Done 🙂

Ghost in the Machine

Nacho Pop is simply not good at choreographing for television. When your choreography requires the ridiculous charisma of people like Jack or Demi to make it work at all, that's not a good sign. In Season 2 Nigel noted that masks on SYTYCD are a stupid idea because it completely blocks dancers from performing with their faces, which is the main way to sell a dance and get fans and generate votes. Also it makes you focus completely on the movement. The movement here is just bad. Vanessa and Henry are probably the two dancers in the entire Top 20 who are the least capable of pulling off this movement. And they did not achieve it. The unison is off multiple times, which makes sense because they probably can't even see each other very well. The precision is non-existent. The number of steps in this routine is shockingly low. The amount of partnering in this routine is literally zero. When this routine first happened it was certainly memorable because I thought it was one of the worst I'd seen in the whole franchise up to this point. And it has not aged well at all because now we've seen ACTUAL animation dancers like Glitch, BluPrint, Jade, and Jaja come through the program and show us what the style is supposed to look like. When this wins "most robbed" or whatever it will be a sad day for IDF. If you say that AU1 has bad routines especially before the Top 14 and you're NOT talking about this piece, then idek

33 minutes ago, *Diana said:

If anything but Pump it wins for most robbed I am out of here lol

Praise :wub:

I mean I don't think Ghost in the Machine was bad, but out of those routines that were left to save, it was my least favourite.

Quick question: are we doing write-ups for all top 20 routines or just for our #1?

9 hours ago, .Rei said:

Next season is NL1, hopefully I can get at least 5 rankers for that round :haha:

Do you know where there are any clips from that season? I think I have watched it on the official webiste but clearly they don't exist anymore lol

And I think my memory needs some refreshment

4 minutes ago, Erestor said:

Quick question: are we doing write-ups for all top 20 routines or just for our #1?

you can do write-ups for all the routines if you want :wub: 

but it is only required for your number 1