SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 4)

.Rei

#14. ASHLÉ DAWSON - "LA CORRIDA" (AFRICAN JAZZ SOLO) - TOP 8

https://youtu.be/pjyMNeDsHZ0?t=30

AVERAGE: 11.308

Elliott - 2

Chris - 5

Andrew - 7

Rei - 8

Amanda - 9

Solaris - 11

Dee - 12

Gigi - 12

Derek - 14

Wally - 15

Diana - 17

Megan - 17

JC - 18

REI:

Flawless queen!

WALLY:

Good and unique. I don’t really know how to rank solos amongst routines so I’ll put this here.

MEGAN:

This also could have been Snow Urbin's solo. But at least it's Ashlé the best dancer of Season 1. But also. This could have been Snow Urbin's solo.

#13. KAMILAH BARRETT & NICK LAZZARINI - "YOU MAKE ME FEEL (MIGHTY REAL)" (DISCO) - TOP 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZmtcPyMDvQ

AVERAGE: 10.769

Wally - 2

Derek - 7

JC - 8

Diana - 9

Megan - 9

Andrew - 10

Rei - 10

Amanda - 13

Gigi - 13

Elliott - 14

Solaris - 14

Dee - 15

Chris - 16

WALLY:

I’m expecting some people to criticize this dance being in the finals (and if not…. then I’ll shut up right now) but I don’t care…. this Kamilah & Nick Disco is one of my all-time and very favorite dances not only from Season 1 but this entire show. I just love it so much. :wub: It’s the first Disco routine and one of my favorite Disco routines ever too! Kamilah & Nick both BROUGHT and killed it in this routine. They lived, breathed Disco with how they performed and danced this routine! :bobo: I loved all of their dancing and energy here. I loved all of their partnering, lifts and tricks here. It was such fast paced and sharp dancing where they never missed a beat. I will admit that my eyes are 95% glued onto Kamilah because she was smokin’ hot and ALL kinds of fierce here! :wub: She was just everything here. :wub: But yeah Nick did great with his dancing and partnering too. This dance was and still is always so fun and exciting to watch!

MEGAN:

I was kind of torn where to place this so it ends up here. It's still one of my absolute favorite routines of the season but I feel that every routine above it is almost perfect. And here you can just feel every transition into a big lift that I don't feel you have with the other disco I have ranked above it. And the other routines just feel a lot more smoother or are underrated faves I wanted to prop up.

REI:

Somehow I always forget how great this routine was. Definitely a top tier disco

#12. MELISSA VELLA & ARTEM CHIGVINTSEV - "DON'T CHA" (POP) - TOP 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2IAeNc_FI

AVERAGE: 10.538

Andrew - 4

Gigi - 4

JC - 5

Solaris - 6

Diana - 8

Wally - 9

Elliott - 11

Derek - 12

Megan - 13

Rei - 14

Amanda - 16

Chris - 17

Dee - 18

WALLY:

This was a very fun and very hot routine. I thought Melissa & Artem had sizzling chemistry and reallydancd this well to ether. I do think Melissa danced this stronger as this was closer in her style. I liked all their side by side dancing, partnering and fits here.

ELLIOTT:

I clearly was not paying enough attention because I have no recollection of ranking this 11th and am judging myself for it rn.

MEGAN:

This routine is like the kind of sterlized hot that you think is hot when you are like 14 and then you get to be 30 and are trying to live your hot girl summer (before the 4th wave of COVID hits because too many people think getting vaccinated is a "personal choice" and not like a public good!!!!!!!!!!) and you are like "actually this is just dumb and cheesy and this is just network television hot." This is what Nigel Lythgoe thinks is hot. But Nigel Lythgoe is so old that he thinks like a sliver of ankle is hot.

REI:

Great routine. Didn’t know it was such a fan favorite. I understand the appeal though 🍦

#11. KAMILAH BARRETT & NICK LAZZARINI - "KING OF PAIN" (CONTEMPORARY)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1-AiGQ8Ho

AVERAGE: 10.154

Dee - 3

Megan - 4

Diana - 6

Wally - 8

JC - 9

Solaris - 9

Derek - 10

Amanda - 11

Andrew - 13

Chris - 13

Elliott - 13

Gigi - 16

Rei - 17

WALLY:

The first Contemporary routine ever on SYTYCD!  :wub: As the resident Kamilah stan here, I can admit that Nick  was pretty much the shining star of this routine. I do think he was really amazing in how he  danced and performed this. That’s also why I was wanting more routines that showcase Kamilah. But Kamilah was a great support and did well with her dancing and performing here too. I love all those parts of her leaping onto him and Nick does those poses with her wrapped around him. Lucky guy. I loved all of their dancing, usage and the storylinei wth the stick throughout the dance. Overall they had great powerful chemistry and movements here.

REI:

Good routine but overrated

Just now, *Chris said:

Also Elliott not choosing copy as plain text for Wally's novel :dead: 

I didn't feel like adding back in all those emojis.

Me in S2:

"No write-ups allowed. Just post them as I do the results."

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also rough day for @*Wallace losing both of Syesha's performances and both of Kamilah's routines!

I was going to come in and say this very same thing. :closedeyes: 

What did I do and what do you all have against me? 😢 Really sad about "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" coming in 13th but expected it. 💔