SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US9) (Submit your Rankings)

.Rei

CA1 RESULTS PART ONE

20. Natalli Reznik & Miles Farber - "Let's Get Dirty (I Can't Get In Da Club)" - (Hip-Hop by Sho-Tyme)

6yj51h.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@Zoey - 7

@.Rei - 11

@*Diana - 13

@kritaaay - 17

@taylorkat - 18

@totes4totes - 19

@FrogLenzen - 20

@*Amanda - 20

@Erestor - 20

@*Wallace - 20

@*Chris - 20

Avg. Score = 16.82

COMMENTS

Rei

All those 20's are not cute... I really don't get the hate, I think both dancers slayed

Megan

I do not remember the course of this game 100%, but I have to imagine that we somehow forgot about this routine or put it through because we were like "well we do need an easy bottom 2 routine." The ONLY reason this isn't ranked last is because I didn't see it and already had Allie and Danny's hip-hop all written up. Again Lisa/Vincent could be here. EVEN NICO AND ARASSAY. WHY.

Wallace

This is another routine I could have done without making the finals, which is what I feel about the Bottom 3. Lol I love Natalli but being honest, I never really cared for her in her Hip-Hop dances. She did well in some of them but I felt she shone much more in other styles. But this is probably her best Hip-Hop dance. Miles was great  and performed this well, but he's supposed to. I wasn't exactly blown away by him in this. Hmm, there was a part where they were off and out of sync. Overall, this was fun, okay but not a standout routine. I do love the song choice, at least.

Derek

Why is this here? One of the worst routines with Miles

19. Allie Bertram & Danny Arbour - "In The Ayer" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown)

6yj5l3.gif

Watch here 

RANKINGS:

Diana - 7

Patrick - 8

Kriti - 9

Gigi - 11

Zoey - 16

Rei - 18

Chris - 18

Derek - 19

Amanda - 19

Wallace - 19

Megan - 20

Avg. Score = 15.86

COMMENTS

Rei

Seriously guys?? this routine. I mean I really like the Danny/Allie partnership but this is terrible. Melanie Moore doing hip hop terrible... I wish Anti-Matter or Dangerous were here 😢

Derek

Luther can do no wrong but I didn't quite buy it from these dancers.

Wallace

I thought this was a cute and fun routine from Allie & Danny. They certainly did better than your average ballet and ballroom dancer dancing a Hip-Hop routine, so I'll give them that. They danced it well and brought good and fun energy. But is this a Top 20 routine of the season for me? Nope, not for me. Cute dance but I would have preferred a number of other routines to make it here over this.

Megan

If I were not at work I would have burst out laughing. This technically it's fine. But Danny looks like a man who has never worn a baseball hat in his life and Allie looks like she's never worn a hoop in her life. It's like. Asking white people to do "urban" cosplay. I can't believe this made it over Lisa and Vincent's hip-hop. Which I just watched again and is extremely good and now I'm mad all over again. 

18. Natalli Reznik & Nico Archambault - "La Pelota" - (Salsa by Gustavo Vargas)

Watch Here 

6yj6im.gif

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 3

Gigi - 8

Diana - 10

Derek - 13

Kriti - 13

Amanda - 13

Rei - 15

Patrick - 17

Megan - 18

Wallace - 18

Chris - 19

Avg. Score = 13.36

COMMENTS

Derek

Super fun

Rei

I don't get what the clothes department were thinking on dressing Nico like that... the man is super hot, make him wear tight clothes for the love of god.. Natali slayed of course but I didn't care for Nico. He did way better on his first salsa

Megan

This would be 10 spots higher if Nico took off his shirt and if Natalli wasn't wearing the most god awful skirt.

Wallace

I do like this Salsa from Natalli & Nico, but honestly.... I could have been fine with this dance missing the Top 20. :ph34rwave: I also would have preferred having Nico's Salsa with Arassay here over this one but oh well. I just wasn't a fan of the concept for this dance as I don't think Salsa dances need concepts? It just distracted from the dance. But once they got to the actual Salsa dancing, it was really good. Nico partnered Natalli well and Natalli was as fierce as usual. There were some cool and insane tricks towards the end that were great. There were a few little sticky mistakes in there too. But this dance also doesn't excite or blow me away nearly as much as the Natalli & Francis Salsa. I hope this Salsa ranks lower than this one but I don't feel that will happen.

17. Allie Bertram & Danny Arbour - "The Boogie Bumper" - (Quickstep by Pierre Allaire) 

Watch here 

6yj7hx.gif

RANKINGS:

Diana - 4

Megan - 6

Chris - 7

Patrick - 11

Rei - 13

Gigi - 15

Kriti - 16

Wallace - 16

Derek - 18

Amanda - 18

Zoey - 20

Avg. Score = 13.09

COMMENTS

Megan

This is probably my second favorite quickstep in the franchise. Just a lot of fun.

Rei

I agree with Megan that this is one of the best quicksteps of the franchise. My favorite one comes also for a ballroom guy and a ballerina, good thing that Danny and Allie aren't crappy people as they are

Wallace

This was a really good and cute Quickstep. I love how there wasn't too much messing about and how they got into the Quickstep frame/hhold right away. Danny partnered Allie beautifully. Allie did so well with this being out of her comfort zone. Their Quickstepping content was solid. The side by side non Quickstep parts were very cute and fun. They performed with a lot of fun and personality. This isn't a routine I really think about from this season but I enjoyed watching this.

Derek

Nothing wrong with this one but I'd need more to get excited about a quickstep.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (CA1) (#20-17 Posted)

Flawless Bottom 4 here. :wub: 

The #20 through #18 routines were my least favorites and are dances I would have replaced with other dances. So I'm good with those coming in at the Bottom 3. I do like the Allie & Danny Quickstep but am okay with that coming in at #17.