SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US9) (Submit your Rankings)

.Rei

AU1 RESULTS PART THREE

12. Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "No One" - (Lyrical Jazz by Juliette "Jet" Verne)

6nv1l6.gif

Watch it here (23:25)

RANKINGS:

@*Diana - 3

@Erestor - 6

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 10

@*Amanda - 12

@taylorkat - 12

@*Wallace - 15

@Alex95 - 16

@JC - 18

@.Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 12.00

COMMENTS

Derek

good

Wallace

Ugh the video for this wasn't really working for me. But it's Kate and Jack dancing a Lyrical Jazz (something within their own style) to a classic Alicia Keys song. So I know and remember loving this routine but I don't know how much I loved it compared to these other routines. So I could be under-ranking this but this will have to do for now.

Alex

Tbh I considered petty cutting it because I found the whole thing with the peace flag to be abundantly cheesy, but I just didn't have the heart to cut Kate & Jack.

JC

This was cute but not as memorable as others.

Rei

Kate & Jack had an amazing quickstep and hip hop, so one would think that their lyrical piece would be out of this world but instead we got this!!! I died of boredom after watching this. This never should have made the top 20 over the likes of Fishies, Ghost in the Machine and Pump it and it shouldn't have place at #12 further robbing another 8 routines

11. Kate Wormald & Rhys Bobridge - "Message To My Girl" - (Rumba by Jason Gilkison)

6nv1uw.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Diana - 5

Gigi - 5

Amanda - 7

Patrick - 10

Alex - 11

Derek - 13

Rei - 14

Chris - 14

Wallace - 17

JC - 19

Avg. Score = 11.50

COMMENTS

Derek

not bad

Rei

Kate slayeeeeeeeeeeeeddd this!!!

Wallace

This Rumba from Kate & Rhys is really gorgeous. This was one of the two routines I would have preferred voting out in the voting round but left it alone for Diana. But yeah this was beautifully danced and performed from Kate & Rhys. They danced with beautiful technique and had great soft romantic chemistry. I really liked all of the partnering they did. Kate showcased some elegant lines with her legs. Rhys partnered and showcased her like the proper ballroom man. A beautiful routine but not a dance I really connect or addicted to like most of the other dances so that's why it's on the lower end of my rankings.

JC

JGilk ballroom is always fun.

10. Rhiannon Villarreal & Graeme Isaako - "4 Minutes" - (Jazz Funk Hip-Hop by Juliette "Jet" Verne)

6nv2ad.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Patrick - 2

Wallace - 4

JC - 5

Chris - 6

Amanda - 9

Diana - 15

Rei - 15

Gigi - 17

Alex - 19

Derek - 20

Avg. Score = 11.20

COMMENTS

Wallace

I remember always wanting Rhiannon & Graeme to perform together so I was really happy that they did on Final 8 night. I thought they delivered a fun, fantastic and outstanding routine here. I think they had a Mr. and Mrs. Smith inspired theme here? I just loved everything about this dance - from the choreography, the routine, the song choice and how they both danced and performed this. I liked the in sync moves they did at various parts of the dance but then those parts where they were doing their own thing. I love those lifts and tricks they did here too. This routine is so fun, slick and I just love the style of it. Makes me so happy. :bobo:

JC

Ugh Rhi should have been eliminated over Kassy but at least Graeme is in this.

Rei

fun routine.. I like my jazz-funk routines that are fun and this is one of those

Derek

Sloppy. Timbo can’t even save this

09. Top 12 - "Blackbird" (Jazz by Kelley Abbey)

6nv2sq.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 1

Chris - 5

Alex - 6

Rei - 10

Gigi - 10

JC - 11

Amanda - 11

Patrick - 17

Diana - 18

Wallace - 19

Avg. Score = 10.80

COMMENTS

Derek

The best and most authentic Fosse routine of this entire franchise. The best routine of Australia Season 1. Kelley Abbey is in the upper echelon of choreographers to ever be on the show. I can't wait for everyone to tank this. Apparently my role in this rankdown is to kick and scream until I get the absolute minimum amount of group routines in the finals and it is an honorable and necessary role that I do with pride. If you were to pick a SYTYCD routine to show to a dancer who has never seen any episodes in any country and convince them that this show has quality/merit/legitimacy/artistry/etc., this would probably be the routine you should show them. I'm not sure if this style of dance is just not IDF's cup of tea, or if you guys just all fast forward through all the group routines... but Australia has some truly world-class group numbers in the upcoming seasons and hopefully you're not all closed off completely from including those in the finals as well. I appreciate everyone who helped this get into the Top 20 even if it is likely going to be robbed of a good placement.

Alex

Any dance that says Jack Chambers Supremacy has my love and adoration.

Rei

This is green group routine but it often pales when I compare it to the amazing AU2 group routines that are among the best of any series and ones that I will fight when that round comes. I still like it well enough to give it my #10

JC

This robbed some routines, but I am not going to be petty and rank it low. Even if Derek was being betchy.

Wallace

Beautiful routine, but it's not one I really think of or really go back on when watching routines from this season. I did keep from cutting this for Derek so I'm happy he got this in the Top 20 but I can't really rank it too high as I care about so many other routines more. But again, this is nice and I can get the love for it. All 12 of the contestants dance this routine really well. I feel like Jack and Vanessa stood out to me here. 

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU1) (#12-#09Posted)

- Kinda shook seeing Rei's #20 being Kate/Jack's Jazz. 😮 Lmaoo dangg he told it how he felt with this dance. :giggle: I think this was a gorgeous dance (or at least how I remembered it) but I'm okay with this coming in 12th.
- Good with the Kate/Rhys Rumba missing the Top 10. Again, gorgeous dance but just one of my lesser faves.
- Aww bummed about Rhiannon/Graeme's Jazz Funk/Hip-Hop showing up already but glad it made it to the Top 10. This was so fun and entertaining. JC can  sit down with his Rhi hate. 🙂 And now I don't feel so bad about my Blackbird ranking to Derek with that ranking. :kissbye:
- Well done to the Blackbird group routine making it 9th. Wish the last two routines were swapped but oh well.

Well now that my #17 and #19 showed up, I'm happy and at peace with anything else winning. :wub: 

Amanda

7. Message to my girl

9. 4 Minutes

11. Blackbird

12. No one

13. Bleeding love

14. Gasolina

15. Fragile

16. Flashlight

17. Kiss from a rose

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

19. Crazy in love

20. Live and let die

Alex

2. Gasolina

3. Kiss from a rose

4. Live and let die

6. Blackbird

9. Flashlight

10. Fragile

11. Message to my girl

13. Theme from Mission Impossible

16. No one

17. Crazy in love

18. Bleeding love

19. 4 Minutes

Chris

3. Fragile

5. Blackbird

6. 4 Minutes

8. No one

9. Kiss from a rose

11. Flashlight

13. Live and let die

14. Message to my girl

16. Theme from Mission Impossible

17. Bleeding love

18. Crazy in love

20. Gasolina

Derek

1. Blackbird

7. Gasolina

9. Theme from Mission Impossible

10. No one

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Flashlight

13. Message to my girl

14. Crazy in love

17. Bleeding love

18. Fragile

19. Live and let die

20. 4 Minutes

Diana

3. No one

5. Message to my girl

8. Live and let die

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Bleeding love

14. Crazy in love

15. 4 Minutes

16. Gasolina

17. Flashlight

18. Blackbird

19. Fragile

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

Gigi

5. Message to my girl

10. Blackbird

11. Gasolina

12. No one

13. Live and let die

14. Flashlight

15. Kiss from a rose

16. Crazy in love

17. 4 Minutes

18. Fragile

19. Bleeding love

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

JC

2. Bleeding love

4. Live and let die

5. 4 Minutes

6. Fragile

7. Kiss from a rose

11. Blackbird

12. Flashlight

13. Gasolina

14. Crazy in love

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

18. No one

19. Message to my girl

Patrick

2 4 Minutes

6. No one

9. Bleeding love

10. Message to my girl

12. Theme from Mission Impossible

13. Fragile

15. Live and let die

16. Crazy in love

17. Blackbird

18. Kiss from a rose

19. Gasolina

20. Flashlight

Rei

8. Flashlight

9. Live and let die

10. Blackbird

11. Gasolina

13. Fragile

14. Message to my girl

15. 4 Minutes

16. Kiss from a rose

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

18. Crazy in love

19. Bleeding love

20. No one

Wallace

4. 4 Minutes

8. Fragile

9. Gasolina

11. Bleeding love

12. Flashlight

14. Crazy in love

15. No one

16. Kiss from a rose

17. Message to my girl

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

19. Blackbird

20. Live and let die

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU1) (#12-09 Posted)

Top 8

TOP 20 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "A New Day Has Come" - (Waltz by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

TOP 16 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "O Verona" - (Paso Doble by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

TOP 14 WEEK ROUTINES:

Jemma Armstrong & Rhys Bobridge - "Break It Off" - (Hip-Hop by Tiana Joubert) - Watch it here

Vanessa Sew Hoy & Henry Byalikov - "Lo-Lo Dzama" - (African Samba by Jason Gilkison) - Watch it here

Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Fix You" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis Linnert) - Watch it here

TOP 10 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Rhys Bobridge - "Give It To Me" - (Hip-Hop by Supple) - Watch it here

TOP 8 WEEK ROUTINES:

Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "Spider-Man Theme" - (Quickstep by Leanne Bampton) - Watch it here

Kate Wormald & Jack Chambers - "Singin' In The Rain" - (Hip-Hop by Supple) - Watch it here

44 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Later today we‘ll see who misses the Top 5.

predictions?

*looks at what I got left*

Hopefully my #7, 10 and 13, whichever routines those are as I forgot. 😘 :dead: