SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU1 RESULTS PART ONE

16. Kate Wormald & Graeme Isaako - "Live And Let Die" - (Jazz by Leah Howart)

6njq2v.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

@Alex95 - 4

@JC - 4

@*Diana - 8

@.Rei - 9

@taylorkat - 13

@*Chris - 13

@Erestor - 15

@FrogLenzen - 19

@*Wallace - 20

@*Amanda - 20

Avg. Score = 12.50

COMMENTS

Alex

I love dances like this. Where there's such strong hard-hitting moments and then really light and easygoing moves. It's very unpredictable, very exciting, and keeps me invested in the dance. I don't think it's gonna do well here, but I hope I'm surprised.

JC

Slay

Rei

color me shocked when I saw that Derek didn't like this, cause this is one of the "truest" Jazz routines from any series and they did it amazing imo (forget that Derek actually knows about dancing and my technical knowledge only comes from SYTYCD)

Derek

No thanks. I always forget this one happened.

Wallace

This is good, but with such a strong Top 20, this is one of the routines I could have done without, tbh. :ph34rwave:  I nearly cut this on the cuts round but opposed to it and now kinda regret it so I'm kinda ehh on this being here. But this was still a good dance. Kate & Graeme danced this really well - they danced and performed this full of attack and power and had good chemistry. I just fel that the choreography was a little maniac and messy? I felt like A LOT was going on and there wasn't much room to breathe in it? I really wish their Bollywood was here instead of this.

(Tie)15-14. Rhiannon Villarreal & Henry Byalikov - "Fragile" - (Jazz by Kelley Abbey)

6njqj9.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Chris - 3

JC - 6

Wallace - 8

Alex - 10

Rei - 13

Patrick - 13

Amanda - 15

Derek - 18

Gigi - 18

Diana - 19

Avg. Score = 12.30

COMMENTS

JC

Ugh Rhi should have been eliminated over Kassy but at least Henry is in this.

Wallace

Ahh I really love this routine from Rhianon & Henry. I thought this was really moving, touching and gorgeous. 😢  I thought Rhiannon and Henry both danced this beaujtifully. I love how she ran to him and leaped right into him. She was such a stunning angel in this dance. ❤️ They both impressed me with their technique here too as they aren't known as Contemporary or Jazz dancers but they looked it to me. It's one of those understated routines but it's really moving. Just gorgeous. ❤️

Alex

Parts of the routine were horrifically overacted by Henry, but overall I still loved the dance.

Rei

yes this is not perfect at all.. but Kelley played to both of the dancers strength and the result was quite pretty

Derek

ily Kelley but this is not for me. I thought they acted it fine but I need more technique from them to immerse me into something like this

(Tie)15-14. Vanessa Sew Hoy & Jack Chambers - "Kiss From A Rose" - (Lyrical Contemporary by Juliette "Jet" Verne)

6njrb8.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Alex - 3

JC - 7

Chris - 9

Derek - 11

Diana - 11

Gigi - 15

Wallace - 16

Rei - 16

Amanda - 17

Patrick - 18

Avg. Score = 12.30

COMMENTS

Alex

While Vanessa sadly wasn't the most consistent dancer of the season I truly believe when she was on, there was no one else like her. She is so precise with her movements and her lines are so strong. I ironically stanned Vanessa after the first episode because of her voice, but I was so glad to realize she was a legitimate contender who lasted nearly the whole season and truly deserved to. This was her shining moment. Jack, amazing as always.

JC

This was gorgeous and memorable.

Derek

Jack’s tattered shirt gives off such bad competition costume vibes that it almost ruins the whole piece lolol. This is kind of dull but Vanessa’s lines are so nice

Wallace

This was such a beautiful routine from Vanessa & Jack. I love how they had their shining moments dancing so beautifully at the start of this. ❤️ Then how they danced together was so good. Their unsion dancing? So good! Loved how they connected with each other too. Wow at how Vanessa uses her legs in such an elegant way. Beautiful dance that I kinda forget how much I enjoyed!

Rei

lol I agree with Derek about Jack shirt... I thought I liked this routine more and would have placed in the top 10 but after rewatching everything else, it somehow ended up at just #16

13. Demi Sorono & Jack Chambers - "Gasolina" - (Samba by Paul Green)

6njrop.gif

Watch it here

RANKINGS:

Alex - 2

Derek - 7

Wallace - 9

Rei - 11

Gigi - 11

JC - 13

Amanda - 14

Diana - 16

Patrick - 19

Chris - 20

Avg. Score = 12.20

COMMENTS

Derek

is it me or do they give off major Benjelle vibes?

Wallace

Um ok, work Demi! :wub: Demi had me SHOOK as she was quite the little hottie here. And Jack was a great surprise here as he partnered and really got down and dirty in the routine here as well. I loved the fun and joy and how they played off of each other in this dance. :bobo: Was it perfect technically? No, but I don't care because they slayed the pefrormance and did a dang good job dancing the rouine! :bobo: They rose to the challenge and killed it.

Rei

They performed the hell out of this.... reminiscence of Benjelle and Gevney's Cha cha

JC

Demi did surprisingly well.

Amanda

13. Bleeding love

14. Gasolina

15. Fragile

16. Flashlight

17. Kiss from a rose

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

19. Crazy in love

20. Live and let die

Alex

2. Gasolina

3. Kiss from a rose

4. Live and let die

9. Flashlight

10. Fragile

13. Theme from Mission Impossible

17. Crazy in love

18. Bleeding love

Chris

3. Fragile

9. Kiss from a rose

11. Flashlight

13. Live and let die

16. Theme from Mission Impossible

17. Bleeding love

18. Crazy in love

20. Gasolina

Derek

7. Gasolina

9. Theme from Mission Impossible

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Flashlight

14. Crazy in love

17. Bleeding love

18. Fragile

19. Live and let die

Diana

8. Live and let die

11. Kiss from a rose

12. Bleeding love

14. Crazy in love

16. Gasolina

17. Flashlight

19. Fragile

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

Gigi

11. Gasolina

13. Live and let die

14. Flashlight

15. Kiss from a rose

16. Crazy in love

18. Fragile

19. Bleeding love

20. Theme from Mission Impossible

JC

2. Bleeding love

4. Live and let die

6. Fragile

7. Kiss from a rose

12. Flashlight

13. Gasolina

14. Crazy in love

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

Patrick

9. Bleeding love

12. Theme from Mission Impossible

13. Fragile

15. Live and let die

16. Crazy in love

18. Kiss from a rose

19. Gasolina

20. Flashlight

Rei

8. Flashlight

9. Live and let die

11. Gasolina

13. Fragile

16. Kiss from a rose

17. Theme from Mission Impossible

18. Crazy in love

19. Bleeding love

Wallace

8. Fragile

9. Gasolina

11. Bleeding love

12. Flashlight

14. Crazy in love

16. Kiss from a rose

18. Theme from Mission Impossible

20. Live and let die

• Thanks 1

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU1) (#16-#13 Posted)

Aww I wish "Fragile" was a bit higher but I also figured it would have showed up on this set, so at least it made it past the first set. 

Aww bummer I wished "Gasolina" was also higher too. That was such a fun and exciting routine. Lol I never thought of Benjelle regarding Demi & Jack, but I can totally get it with how their runs went. :haha: 

Fine with the rankings of the other routines. Agree with lots of the comments on the Jack/Vanessa Contemporary. I wish I could have ranked that higher but it just landed at 16th for me for some reason.

LOL how did Amanda knock off her entire Bottom 8 with these reveals and have her whole Top 12 remaining? :dead: 

#16 - "Live And Let Die" - this is actually my least favourite Grate routine, but it's still a fun and well-danced routine. Fair placement.

#15-14 - "Fragile" - This was gorgeous. Not far from where I ranked it, so I'm okay this spot with it as well.

#15-14 - "Kiss From a Rose" - Pretty but a bit too boring for me. I did like it, though.

#13 - "Gasolina" - This was okay. If danced by two Ballroom dancers could have been stellar.

:dead: @ this becoming pretty much Amanda's ranking. :rofl:

8 hours ago, *Wallace said:

LOL how did Amanda knock off her entire Bottom 8 with these reveals and have her whole Top 12 remaining? :dead: 

4 hours ago, Erestor said:

:dead: @ this becoming pretty much Amanda's ranking. :rofl:

I did not expect to do this well but I will take it.:dead: 

My top 12 being the top 12 in this. ❤️ This is the best I’ve ever done in a Rankdown, so I will enjoy it. :haha: 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

:haha: 

LMAO That stuck out to me too. :dead: I was thinking "Wasn't Chris the one thar advanced that dance through? :dead: "

I didn’t mean to put it in last place :dead: .

I am a mess ; When I rank my stuff,

I copy the list and move them up as I listen or watch the routines, and I definitely forgot to move it up  :dead:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I did not expect to do this well but I will take it.:dead: 

My top 12 being the top 12 in this. ❤️ This is the best I’ve ever done in a Rankdown, so I will enjoy it. :haha: 

:dead: 

Ahh you're doing amazing so yeah you should definitely enjoy it! :haha: 

10 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I didn’t mean to put it in last place :dead: .

I am a mess ; When I rank my stuff,

I copy the list and move them up as I listen or watch the routines, and I definitely forgot to move it up  :dead:

Chris being a MESS. :dead: 

But this reasoning makes sense. LOL I want to both laugh and cry at this post. :dead: 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Regarding this conversation, I do that same strategy with the Drag Race lip sync rankings as I have no clue how my rankings are for that game. :haha:  Ooh I did it for this AU1 round as I don't remember my rankings of routines here.

But in almost every other rankdown, I do a rough draft of my rankings first and then make changes as I watch things. But both are workable ways of going about it. :haha: