SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

NL2 RESULTS FINAL PART

4. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Theme From Schindler's List" - (English Waltz by Euvgenia Parakhina and Peter Bosveld)

7fttf6.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@taylorkat - 3

@totes4totes -4

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Deeee - 7

@.Rei - 8

Public - 9(@*Chris - 17,@Zoey - 6 , @Erestor - 8 )

@kritaaay - 13

Avg. Score = 6.86

COMMENTS

Megan

Another fantastic piece of choreo from Euvgenia and Peter. Els and Angelo are absolutely beautiful in this. It's absolutely WILD that Els went all the way to Top 6 before getting a routine in her genre.

Rei

Just another beautiful display of Angels incredible talent and skill

Derek

the songs are all flawless. 

Kriti

oh my god, every Euvgenia and Peter routine seems to have these sleeve pennants for the woman and for what. I enjoyed this routine more than your average smooth waltz, or actually I enjoyed it a LOT, because 1) Angels have mad chemistry and dance it quite well 2) the music was excellent 3) there seems to be some sort of a storyline going on. It ended at just the right time too to not get too boring.

3. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Ben" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert)

7fttsl.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 3

Megan - 3

Public - 5 (Patryk-2, Zoey-16, Chris-5)

Kriti - 7

Derek - 7

Gigi - 8

Dee - 11

Avg. Score = 6.29

COMMENTS

Rei

Flawless!!!!! Incredible end for this legendary couple!

Megan

I just like this as AngEls last routine together. It's very lovely. And my god, Isabelle put Els en pointe. If you haven't watched the higher quality video I linked (my bad for not realizing that the other was a shitty like video recording of a tv screen), you should. Because I think that's really needed to appreciate the technical stuff Els does in this.

Kriti

this sure is an Isabelle routine! I think her style is so like singular and obvious and it’s elevated in an incredible way by these two. I’m actually so glad it took this long for Els to get contemporary because it was all worth the wait. I just wish there was a better copy available somewhere, this video was so bad quality-wise (I’m sorry Rei! I’m sure you did your best!)

Derek

welp

2. Suzanne de Bekker & Angelo Pardo - "Zeg Me Dat Het Niet Zo Is" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert)

7ftu31.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Dee - 2

Megan - 2

Derek - 2

Public - 2 (Chris-12, Patryk-5, Zoey-3)

Rei - 4

Kriti - 4

Gigi - 9

Avg. Score = 3.57

COMMENTS

Megan

Suzanne was blessed by getting Angelo because up until now her journey was pretty MEH. This is probably my favorite modern from the Benelux show and certainly my favorite Isabelle piece. Just so good.

Derek

chills every time

Rei

Brillant!! Chills!!!

Kriti

This routine was kind of off my radar until Derek nominated it in the contemporary round of the other game, and now that I see it, it’s really really good. Very typical Isabelle, but that’s not a bad thing, and Suzanne imo should have made the final. Also I just love when they use Dutch music tbh.

1. Els Smekens & Angelo Pardo - "Comptine D'un Autre Ete" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Ish Ait Hamou)

7ftue6.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 1

Derek - 1

Gigi - 1

Megan - 1

Dee - 1

Kriti - 1

Public - 1 (Zoey-10, Chris-1, Patryk-1)

Avg. Score = 1.00

COMMENTS

Rei

Top 5 routines of all time from any series! The Benelux masterpiece

Derek

chills, crying

Megan

This is brilliant. Perfect from top to bottom. It's maybe the routine of the Benelux series.

Kriti

idk sometimes you watch a routine and know that it’s not just a part of one show of a dance competition, it’s somehow transcended that limitation and become Art. It’s true of Gravity, it’s true of The Chairman’s Waltz, it’s true of Forever or Outta Your Mind; but I don’t think it’s ever been truer than it has for this routine. And as far as I know that some people are going to call this routine overrated: my hot take is that while Els and Angelo were a solid and great couple that became a smidge overrated into the Best Ever Couple because of this routine (and I still adore them and watching this season back has made me love their journey even more), this routine is not overrated at all. It deserves all the hyperbole. It truly is as great as it’s made out to be and I don’t say that lightly.

Public

Patryk

Iconic.

• Like 1

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL2) (Winner Revealed)

OMG I was thinking that the whole Top 4 was gonna be all Els/Angelo routines so I was surprised that wasn't the case. :haha: Though I'm  sure and can tell the Suzanne/Angelo dance was worthy of being that high with its rankings. :yes: 

And danggg at "Comptine D'un Autre Ete" getting a 1.0 perfect score! :omg: I knew that dance was going to win as it's so talked about and loved but wow, wasn't even expecting a perfect score. That's incredible but so deserving. 😮 And like Rei said, probably the only time that will happen in this game. :haha: Though maybe it could happen in the Netherlands season with a smaller pool of rankers? As I can't see that happening in the US, Australia or Canada games. :haha: 

5 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

And no it will never happen again because there’s no season everyone is as unanimous on as this one (except US13 and 16 where no one cares about anyone I GUESS)

Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

I care about certain people on those seasons. 😘 

23 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

Tell me more, I haven’t watched any of them

Ahh yeah what you said/know on here, yeah those seasons aren't really well liked on here. But I do really like Ruby, Kida & Tate from S13 and Mariah & Bailey from S16. ^_^ 

I wish it was a troll ranking but it’s all your lots fault. I just didn’t like that routine. You all built Els & Angelo up to be one of the best couples of all time and they far from it imo.

• Like 1