SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 4)

.Rei

#18. ASHLÉ DAWSON & BLAKE MCGRATH - "HOUND DOG" (ROCK 'N' ROLL) - TOP 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3-NJZHONk

AVERAGE: 14.615

Elliott - 6

Gigi - 9

Andrew - 12

JC - 12

Dee - 14

Diana - 15

Megan - 16

Wally - 16

Amanda - 18

Chris - 18

Derek - 18

Rei - 18

Solaris - 18

ELLIOTT:

Y'all are haters. This involves the two best dancers from S1 so it deserves to be here tbh.

MEGAN:

WHO PUT THIS IN THE TOP 16!!!!! IT IS NOT GOOD. This could have been MANY other routines. And yet. It is this slice of TOTAL mediocrity.

WALLY:

This was a fun and cute routine. They danced it well and had good lifts & tricks. Overall not a routine I really remember nor wouldn’t really be in my personal Top 16.

REI:

Fun routine. Not Top 16 Worthy

SOLARIS:

did this really have to advance?  I could hardly remember it even on rewatch.

#17. ASHLÉ DAWSON & NICK LAZZARINI - "FEEL THE GIRL" (HIP-HOP) - TOP 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZO7wxnXcLM

AVERAGE: 13.154

Chris - 9

Elliott - 9

JC - 11

Amanda - 12

Dee - 13

Wally - 13

Andrew - 14

Gigi - 14

Megan - 14

Derek - 15

Solaris - 15

Diana - 16

Rei - 16

ELLIOTT:

Nick was mediocre. Ashlé slayed. I agree with the others that this probably wasn't needed, but I still ranked it highly.

WALLY:

Solid Hip-Hop routine and Ashlé & Nick danced this well. A big challenge for Nick but he did a nice job. Ashlé was solid. But still I can’t help but thinking “Toma” should be here instead. :broken:

MEGAN:

Another WHY is this in the Top 16. Why move this to the Top 16 over "Toma" or "Shake." 

REI:

It is a good routine but in a season with great hip hops, I just feels wrong to have this here instead of Tom and Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop.

#16. MELODY LACAYANGA & BLAKE MCGRATH - "YOU SHOULD BE DANCING" (DISCO) - TOP 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Qa-uRRtUM

AVERAGE: 13.077

Diana - 1

JC - 4

Megan - 10

Wally - 12

Amanda - 15

Andrew - 15

Chris - 15

Elliott - 15

Rei - 15

Dee - 17

Derek - 17

Gigi - 17

Solaris - 17

MEGAN:

LOL the only reason I don't have this ranked higher is because Blake looks embarrassed that he's been put in such a cheesy routine. 

WALLY:

This was really fun but easily my least favorite Disco routine of the 3 in the finals. But this was a really fun dance and I do really lie it. . Mlody & Blake had fun chemistry and did channel the Disco flavor well here. Lots of fun and daring lifts here.

ELLIOTT:

Melody surviving over Ashlé and Melissa... whoo, I'm still raging. :/ Anyway, I don't really disco routines so this gets a low ranking from me.

REI:

Great routine, but the weakest disco from S1.

#15. NICK LAZZARINI - "THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE" (CONTEMPORARY SOLO) - TOP 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRh5m96ukjY

AVERAGE: 12.308

JC - 6

Chris - 7

Derek - 8

Solaris - 8

Rei - 9

Andrew - 11

Wally - 11

Gigi - 15

Dee - 16

Elliott - 16

Amanda - 17

Diana - 18

Megan - 18

REI:

Amazing solo!

WALLY:

Really good solo.  Beautiful dancing and emotional connection. I find it hard to rank and compare solos to the routines but I guess I’ll place this here.

ELLIOTT:

To the rankers who saw a Snow Urbin solo and Ashlé's African Jazz solo, and still voted for this... you have my thoughts and prayers, and our friendship is over. If y'all were gonna advance a solo from Blandy McBlandsauce, y'all couldn't have rallied behind Pardon Me? C H O I C E S.

MEGAN:

Whomever voted for this over Snow Urbin's PERFECT cha-cha solo is the very definition of basic taste. Imagine. Snow Urbin setting the standard that still holds today for a captivating ballroom solo and not putting it in. Nick Lazzarini isn't even the best male soloist of the season. If a MALE solo was going to be here it would have to be Blake's "Body Language" solo. Or you know what. Let's get a CLASSIC Melody Lacayanga HMV here. Instead we have this. I don't remember it. I won't look it up. Unlike Snow Urbin it does not live rent free in my head.

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

LMAO at the comments for Nick's solo. Since Blake's solo was wrongfully cut, then the solo that sent Blake home should be here instead.

I love how it goes from "amazing solo" to "idk whatever default ranking" to "You are all making terrible decisions" to Megan.

An okay first set.

Wow so many people agree with me on “Hound Dog.” A good dance but yeah not Top 16t worthy for me.

Love all of the mentions of “Toma” on the FTG write-up. I’m now starting to get over how robbed that routine was in this…. or actually no…I won’t get over it. :broken: But I would have had this a little higher.

Also would have had “You Should Be Dancing” higher but… it was the weakest Disco routine so I’m fine with it showing up first.

LMAOOOO Elliott’s comments on the Nick solo. That is a lot there. :dead:

35 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

LMAO at the comments for Nick's solo. Since Blake's solo was wrongfully cut, then the solo that sent Blake home should be here instead.

Or we could have had neither in there. 🙈

32 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I love how it goes from "amazing solo" to "idk whatever default ranking" to "You are all making terrible decisions" to Megan.

I love that too. :lmao: 

45 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Welp I mixed up the discos :dead:

omg Diana. :dead:  😢 

34 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Wally doesn't even mention my comments SMH

Oops sorry. I didn't have much to say but it did crack me up too. :haha: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

sis I could barely read/understand your PM and you said the same thing like ten times 😘

4. Melody Lacayanga & Blake McGrath - "You Should Be Dancing" (Disco) - king and queen of the dance floor

anything with ashle - betch is OVERRATED