SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 2)

.Rei

UNITED STATES SEASON 3 RESULTS PART ONE

30. SARA VON GILLERN & PASHA KOVALEV - "BODY LANGUAGE" (JAZZ BY MANDY MOORE)

MZ5K0R.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Y36PRKjdM 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 27

Derek: 27

Alex: 25

Wally: 30

Diana: 29

Zoey: 30

Chris: 11

Amanda: 8

Megan: 14

JC: 30

Rei: 30

Andrew: 14

Elliott: 9

Dee: 16

FINAL SCORE = 21.43

COMMENTS

On 11/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, totes4totes said:

LOOK AT THEM. Sorry JoJen but this set the standard for dances to "Body Language."

Most of you are haters and I will forever defend fun Jazz routines!!! Way too underrated.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:34 PM, *Wallace said:

This is lowkey highkey the most overrated routine to me, or at least it is by some people. 😘 If this misses the Top 10, I'll take full credit for that missing out. If it misses winning, I'll take full credit for that too. People say this is a fun routine, which I guess I can get. But to me, it's just a bunch of prancing around and Sara & Pasha playing with their own and each other suspenders for 90 seconds. Like "oooo look what I can do with my suspenders." I felt that Sara & Pasha could have done or been given more content to do. I would have preferred so many other routines in the finals over this, but congrats to the fans of this dance getting this here. Not a fan.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:12 AM, .Rei said:

It is not a good routine

On 11/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, JC said:

why?

29. ANYA GARNIS & DANNY TIDWELL - "IT HAD TO BE YOU" (FOXTROT BY JEAN-MARC GÉNÉREUX & FRANCES MOUSSEAU)

oZ6nNk.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYeFcbjf9E 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 20

Derek: 23

Alex: 22

Wally: 13

Diana: 28

Zoey: 18

Chris: 23

Amanda: 24

Megan: 16

JC: 24

Rei: 7

Andrew: 28

Elliott: 26

Dee: 21

FINAL SCORE = 20.93

COMMENTS

Just goes to show how strong S3 is when "It Had To Be You" only ranks 21st!!! While I prefer their Viennese Waltz and Jive, this Foxtrot is so well-danced. In fact, this is the best Foxtrot ever. Most likely? I cannot think of any other Foxtrot that is comparable besides Brandon/Janette. Very gorgeous. Danny really is the best non-ballroom dancer to dance Ballroom.

Anya ROBBED. I can't believe she went home after this routine and like Misha Chan and Jaimie stayed. SORRY I WOULD HAVE CUT BOTH OF THEM. Hok and Anya for Top 10. 6 men and 4 women. MAKE IT HAPPEN TIME MACHINE.

You can never go wrong with a Foxtrot to "It Had to Be You." Or well, maybe you can.... but not my point. :dead:  This dance proves my original statement.  I thought this was a classy, gorgeous and sophisticated Foxtrot. It starts off with a lot of theatrics and dramatics, but it's all so entertaining to watch. Then they get into their Foxtrot dancing, which is full of class, elegance and grace. Anya is a star and shines flawlessly in ballroom. Danny's fantastic here and this is another dance that proves he's the best non ballroom male dancer to dance ballroom. Their partnering and technique separately and together were fantastic! The last big lift at the end was quite epic too. A gorgeous dance and up there as one of my favorite Foxtrots on the show.

This is actually my favorite Danya routine. It is their best ballroom imo and one of the best foxtrot of all time.

wasn't a fan of this coupling

28. SHAUNA NOLAND - "EVERYTHING" (CONTEMPORARY SOLO)

A69XJp.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmnuYz8LfHs

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 30

Derek: 30

Alex: 11

Wally: 26

Diana: 11

Zoey: 8

Chris: 25

Amanda: 20

Megan: 28

JC: 21

Rei: 23

Andrew: 23

Elliott: 6

Dee: 28

FINAL SCORE = 20.71

COMMENTS

Shauna is a very good soloist. She is still a nobody who is way too overrated based only on two solos. But I do not mind this being moved on to the finals at all.

Is IDF still obsessed with Shauna? I guess the presence of this solo suggests so.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, FrogLenzen said:

good solo, but she never got rewarded with a good duet for it lol. 

Sometimes I really like this solo and sometimes I find very overrated. At this moment is a bit on the overrated side.

honestly who?

On 11/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, Alex95 said:

I had no idea who this girl was before this game, but I was blown away by this solo.

Shauna is an amazing soloist and this is proof that. All those pirouettes she does and then how she puts her leg up straight after that? SO good! Lovely dancing.

27. LACEY SCHWIMMER - "WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU" (JIVE SOLO)

Og5X1Q.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djDUT3wxoX4 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 15

Derek: 29

Alex: 15

Wally: 28

Diana: 16

Zoey: 26

Chris: 20

Amanda: 21

Megan: 20

JC: 10

Rei: 28

Andrew: 17

Elliott: 17

Dee: 24

FINAL SCORE = 20.43

COMMENTS

Lacey is a phenomenal soloist. There is something in the water at the Schwimmer household. This is not my favorite solo of hers, but I am glad at least one of them made the finals.

Fun solo from Lacey. I think I preferred her "Technologic" solo, but I don't know. I could have done without this in the final vote, but our group cut one Lacey solo so I think cutting 2 might have been a bit harsh. But with that said, I do think Lacey is a really fun and one of the best ballroom soloists on this show.

Lacey, like her brother, is an excellent soloist. But it's hard for a solo to really stand out in this group of routines. Still thrilled it made the Top 30 thought. Lacey's solos deserve to be represented.

I love Lacey but this solo didn’t need to be here. Also Le Disco is her best solo.

i adore this betch

26. LAUREN GOTTLIEB & NEIL HASKELL - "NIGHT OF THE DANCING FLAME" (POP-JAZZ BY WADE ROBSON)

jYOg7B.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VONb_31UUI0 

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 29

Derek: 28

Alex: 16

Wally: 21

Diana: 17

Zoey: 7

Chris: 28

Amanda: 28

Megan: 24

JC: 14

Rei: 29

Andrew: 9

Elliott: 5

Dee: 27

FINAL SCORE = 20.14

COMMENTS

Wade Robson produces his worst routine when he is saddled with Neil and Lauren as dancers. Coincidence? I think not. The amount of bad acting in this routine is so cringe. Lauren is very much a weak link here.

This is the most overrated Wade Robson routine. If not for the John Mayer solos, this would be considered Wade's weakest choreography I think. It only ranks higher than Lauren's routine with Danny because I at least remember this being overrated while I don't remember the Mia Michaels contemporary.

Sorry but no. I’m totally expecting this to rank very high but I just don’t like this. Lauren is clearly the weak link with her over the top and straight out bad acting. She also wasn’t very strong with the dancing. Neil fared much better and he performed well but the choreography was just not good.

another stunning robson routine to creep me out!

should have been Neil and Sara

This was always such a fun routine that I loved from Lauren & Neil. Lauren playing the angel and Neil playing the devil. I enjoyed how they played their characters and how they danced the routine. Lol Neil was so crazy and demonish as the devil, I love it. :dead:  I love the synchronized dancing they did towards the end, as well as the chasing scene and how Lauren gets her way at the end. :giggle: A fun and entertaining routine.

25. SABRA JOHNSON & DOMINIC SANDOVAL - "STICKWITU" (RUMBA BY JEAN-MARC GÉNÉREUX & FRANCES MOUSSEAU)

qQMpwk.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Lleowys4g

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 22

Derek: 9

Alex: 27

Wally: 15

Diana: 21

Zoey: 10

Chris: 19

Amanda: 30

Megan: 26

JC: 17

Rei: 27

Andrew: 13

Elliott: 22

Dee: 22

FINAL SCORE = 20.00

COMMENTS

This does nothing for me. I compare all Rumbas to Courtney/Gev and/or Hayley/Dmitry. This routine is not even close to touching those in terms of quality of dancing, strength of choreography, or performance chemistry. Sabra is definitely good here though, but Dominic is only passable.

This is maybe Top 10% of rumbas on this show? I am just never really wowed by Rumbas. As JenJo showed us on DWTS, all rumbas should just be gay.

I think Dominic bring down this routine a bit. Sabra was great.

who thought they could slay this style? not me! but they werked!

the first rumba I think?

Aww I really enjoyed Sabra & Dominic as a couple on the show, and their Rumba was one of my favorite dances from them. The Rumba is a very hard technical dance but I thought Sabra & Dominic handled it exceptionally well. Sabra was really stunning and gorgeous to watch here. :wub: She had beautiful lines and lovely hop action. And Dominic partnered & showcased her really well, but he also had some good lines and fluidity in his dancing. Most importantly, they had the beautiful romantic chemistry and sold the dance. I feel like this dance does get overlooked, but glad my group was able to advance it into the finals.

24. SABRA JOHNSON & DOMINIC SANDOVAL - "MAKE IT WORK" (HIP-HOP BY SHANE SPARKS)

GRQAn5.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16zrSHBI7pw

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 24

Derek: 6

Alex: 29

Wally: 12

Diana: 23

Zoey: 4

Chris: 29

Amanda: 17

Megan: 29

JC: 18

Rei: 14

Andrew: 25

Elliott: 15

Dee: 29

FINAL SCORE = 19.57

COMMENTS

Rapist choreographer lands this dance here. But it is easily the best dance produced by the Sabra/Dominic partnership. Super underrated.

The only routine choreographed or featuring a known awful human being! So #29 it goes!

I often feel like this is very underrated cause nether Sabra or Dom are big IDF favorites. But I love this and it is the best hip hop from that season for me.

so perfectly tailored to them and their partnership

Only routine I didn't really like. Just didn't work for me.

This Hip-Hop from Sabra & Dominic kinda reminds me of like the sequel to "Sexy Love." Maybe not concept vibe, but with the mid-tempo Ne-Yo jams and both dances having that romantic quality to it. But I love this dance from Sabra & Dominic, so I am here for it! I love how natural they are with their dancing. They dance with style and attitude. They have fantastic romantic chemistry, and just sell their chemistry so well in their dances. I love how Dominic would have his little shining moment, and then Sabra would have hers, then they would have their moments together. I especially love their synchronized dancing they do towards the end, and then Sabra does her hand stand with Dominic touching her foot and doing his hand stand. That was such a GOOD part! :omg: Love this, and am very happy Sabra & Dominic got some appreciation here as I feared they might not have.

nice, but not quite as good as i would expect

23. LACEY SCHWIMMER & KAMERON BINK - "OVERTURE/ALL THAT JAZZ" (BROADWAY BY TYCE DIORIO)

XQkPxV.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUEUCWEo3A

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 13

Derek: 25

Alex: 21

Wally: 24

Diana: 13

Zoey: 13

Chris: 17

Amanda: 25

Megan: 19

JC: 12

Rei: 26

Andrew: 21

Elliott: 20

Dee: 23

FINAL SCORE = 19.43

COMMENTS

Lacey is so good that she elevates bad Tyce Diorio Broadway choreography. Lacey steals the scene and chews this dance up with ease!

TBH I don't know how this ranks so high on my list. It basically slipped through and I am not moving all my numbers around. And nothing below it is that egregiously below it.

I prefer their Hustle

Not my favorite from them but still a good routine.

couple of stars!

This was my 2nd favorite dance from Lacey & Kameron. While they were a power couple of this season, I didn't really find their run together THAT iconic/amazing as other power couples? I often felt like Lacey was the shining star while Kameron was the great supportive partner that showcases to Lacey. Kameron does do some cool impressive flips. But Lacey is the one that steals the dance. She's dances well and brings the sexy and steamy nature needed for the style. She was so hot and fierce in this! On paper, I didn't remember being crazy about this but I liked it more than I remembered on rewatch.

22. PASHA KOVALEV & MELANIE LAPATIN/JESSI PERALTA - "LET'S GET LOUD" (CHA-CHA BY TONY MEREDITH & MELANIE LAPATIN)

gpQyYj.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZBu2KMvBcs

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 25

Derek: 17

Alex: 18

Wally: 7

Diana: 16

Zoey: 26

Chris: 20

Amanda: 21

Megan: 20

JC: 10

Rei: 28

Andrew: 17

Elliott: 17

Dee: 24

FINAL SCORE = 19.29

COMMENTS

Sorry for the confusion with this dance. In reality, there should have been an entry for the routine that Pasha danced with Melanie and an entry for the routine he danced with Jessi during the finale. Either way, Pasha is a star. I absolutely prefer the dance he did with Melanie. Truly shows that Pasha could handle any circumstance and still pull off an incredibly entertaining dance. Further proves that Pasha could dance with anybody and make them look like a star!

PLZ LET ME INSTEAD RATE THE PASHA/MELANIE ROUTINE. THAT WOULD BE AT LEAST TEN SPOTS HIGHER.

ugh pasha again

friendly reminder that Jessi's elimination was the most BS in this history of the show

Jessi shouldn’t have been eliminated after this.

Pasha getting a new partner at the last second and still slaying? King shit!

It was so unfortuante when Jessi wasn't able to dance this Cha-Cha on the Top 16 performance show, but I am so glad she was well enough to dance this on the results show with Pasha. But I did always love this routine and am glad it made it here. Jessi was out of her comfort zone here but was so fierce and hot in this! :omg: She danced this so well and far exceeded expectations. Pasha proved to be the excellent Latin ballroom dancer he is, shone in this dance too. He had great performing and partnering skills to sell this dance! Jessi rose to the challene and was a great partner here. They had the hip action, flirty chemistry and just having a blast here. I loved all of the fun tricks they did here too! :bobo: Ooh they had lots of fun tricks here, and even a few scandalous ones, but they nailed those, and this whole routine! :bobo:  I am also sad that their Jazz didn't make it through to the Final 30 as I loved that routine from them too.

21. SABRA JOHNSON & PASHA KOVALEV - "MR. PINSTRIPE SUIT" (QUICKSTEP BY TONY MEREDITH & MELANIE LAPATIN)

x67yqP.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azM2lv4LXzk

RANKINGS:

Gigi: 21

Derek: 26

Alex: 13

Wally: 10

Diana: 10

Zoey: 19

Chris: 12

Amanda: 29

Megan: 22

JC: 29

Rei: 17

Andrew: 15

Elliott: 11

Dee: 26

FINAL SCORE = 18.57

COMMENTS

Definitely a super solid Quickstep. Pasha really helped Sabra produce her best Ballroom routine of the season. Because Pasha is an icon who only produced good routines. Though this routine falls short of being noteworthy/exceptional.

Good but not exceptional. But good.

ugh pasha again

One of the best quickstep from the show and very underrated.

Oooh I'm so glad Sabra & Pasha's Quickstep made it to the finals. I was going to fight for it in my last group but.... I didn't for some reason. :dead: I think Andrew & Chris advanced it through so thank you to them advancing this. I always really loved this Quickstep and found it loads of fun! After the first two seasons of terrible Quicksteps, Season 3 brought us some good Quicksteps - a good one from Lacey & Kameron but a fantastic one from Sabra & Pasha. So I'm thinking this is (probabaly) my favorite Quickstep on this show. I love how fun and energetic Sabra & Pasha were in this dance. He was so wacky while Sabra was so cutesy at the start before getting into hold. But then they provided a great ballroom frame. Pasha partnered Sabra so well like the professionall ballroom dancer he is. They were so light, quicky and bouncy in their footwork while keeping that firm frame and face full of expression. I love watching all of their footwork, which is so fun! I love that part where Sabra does that high jump in the air while in hold. And wow that last big trick with Pasha spinning Sabra around with her legs up there. :omg: I just loved how they used up the whole stage. This was such a great and fun routine..... and yeah, I'm certain this is my favorite Quickstep ever on the show!

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Seriously Black Mambo and Sexy Love both make top 5 but suddenly we hate rapists now, make it make sense

I ranked Sexy Love super low and only ranked Black Mambo high because Benji is on record saying how he had to choreograph those routines pretty much.

43 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Seriously Black Mambo and Sexy Love both make top 5 but suddenly we hate rapists now, make it make sense

I think that in those cases it was the choreographeR whereas this season it was the dancer

wait I thought Joshua was just abusive, he’s rapist too?????

- "Body Language" coming in last was all I wanted, and what I didn't think would happen, but I can be at peace here.
- Aww sad that the Danny & Anya Foxtrot came in 29th. I adored this dance but at the same time, I can understand how this got a bit lost in the shuffle amongst all of these great dances. Still a gorgeous dance.
- I lowkey kinda agree with Dee's comments on Shauna here though. She was a much bigger favorite back in the day vs. now. But yeah still a fantastic solo from her. Fine with this placement.
- Fine with Lacey's solo placement too.
- Me putting Lauren/Neil's Jazz at 21 hurt as I do love this dance but then realizing loving 20 other dances more was tough lol. Wished this was a little higher but at the same time, I'm okay with this placement.
- It's kinda crazy seeeing all of these dances with 20+ averages still. Love the Sabra/Dominic Rumba. Didn't expect this to rank so high but #25 is a good spot. Kinda surprised Amanda ranked this last, and don't know why that stood out to me here. :haha:
- Ooof, "Make It Work" coming in at 24th does hurt as I did expect this to rank a little higher than this. :( Again like I said with other dances, this is such a strong group that I can get it being ranked so low but wished it was higher.
- Fair spot for the Lacey/Kameron Broadway here. Wow, Dee & I pretty much agree here. lmaoo I love it.
- Wait up...... were we supposed to rank the Pasha/Melanie dance or the Pasha/Jessi dance? Because I did the latter. I also thought Jessi did this dance on the results show that week, but was it the finale? Lmao I am a mess here. Loved this though but I am okay with the ranking as I am confused which version counts now lol.
- Diana ranking the Sabra/Pasha Quickstep in her Top 10 with me! :wub: Pleased this made it to #21 considering the highest rankings were at #10. Still love this and wish it had made it higher than this though. Rei SLAYING it with his comment here though. ❤️

Good first set, but hoping some of my lower ranked dances show up soon. 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

And "Shake" winning too. 🙈

But yeah it's all interesting, so I just rank based on solely on how I enjoyed the dances as they are performed.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Hip Hip Chin Chin continuing to rob everything good. 

:dead:  :lmao: 

I can't wait to see your ranking for it. But at the same time, I CAN wait for it. :giggle: