SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

UNITED STATES SEASON 2 RESULTS PART ONE

30. TRAVIS WALL - "FLYING WITHOUT WINGS (A CAPELLA VERSION)" (CONTEMPORARY SOLO)

DqYmry.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNeUk1bJ7q8

RANKINGS:

Dee: 28 

Gigi: 24

Diana: 26

Derek: 25

Rei: 29

Wally: 22

Megan: 28

Zoey: 11

Chris: 25

JC: 30

Elliott: 23

Amanda: 24

Andrew: 26

FINAL SCORE = 24.69

COMMENTS

20 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Meh, I didn’t really like this solo anyway and probably would have ranked it low but it’s definitely lower than it would have been because of Travis.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:15 PM, JC said:

Not bad, but terrible person.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:25 PM, *Wallace said:

A beautiful and powerful solo from Travis here!

On 10/22/2021 at 6:47 AM, .Rei said:

I don’t actually like this. Seems very amateurish from Travis.

29. ALLISON HOLKER & RYAN RANKINE - "BYE BYE BLACKBIRD" (BROADWAY BY TYCE DIORIO)

gpxlVG.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwL8cTgw3i0

RANKINGS:

Dee: 30 

Gigi: 8

Diana: 22

Derek: 29

Rei: 30

Wally: 24

Megan: 18

Zoey: 21

Chris: 28

JC: 15

Elliott: 26

Amanda: 30

Andrew: 19

FINAL SCORE = 23.08

COMMENTS

How and why did this make the finals?

Cute.

This was a really cute and fun routine. I did like the slow start but definitely liked it more when the dance sped up. Allison was fierce and fun in this and Ryan did a great job - I loved those jumping leaps he did.

Ewww no

28. TRAVIS WALL - "THE BLOWER'S DAUGHTER" (CONTEMPORARY SOLO)

r2Ez54.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNeUk1bJ7q8

RANKINGS:

Dee: 24

Gigi: 23

Diana: 12

Derek: 30

Rei: 27

Wally: 19

Megan: 30

Zoey: 5

Chris: 24

JC: 29

Elliott: 17

Amanda: 25

Andrew: 22

FINAL SCORE = 22.08

COMMENTS

I love this solo but. Travis.

His dancing is not bad, but he's just the worst. I have never liked him and the recent events make me dislike him even more.

A beautiful, great and powerful solo from Travis here. This was really wonderful from him.

Travis is a brilliant dancer but his solos all blend to me. He is just focused on doing every trick he knows instead of giving space and time to engage the audience.

27. MARTHA NICHOLS & TRAVIS WALL - "STEAM HEAT" (BROADWAY BY TYCE DIORIO)

yw6KDP.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRLieXG7UQ

RANKINGS:

Dee: 22

Gigi: 27

Diana: 27

Derek: 17

Rei: 16

Wally: 9

Megan: 22

Zoey: 13

Chris: 30

JC: 27

Elliott: 15

Amanda: 29

Andrew: 25

FINAL SCORE = 21.46

COMMENTS

Definitely a good routine, but never loved it or anything. I do think it is the best product of that partnership. Too bad for Martha that Travis sucks.

My favourite of their routines as a couple but I can’t rank it high because Travis.

Meh this was danced well, but I just can't with Travis. And now that he's a terrible person too (honestly was not surprised) BYE

I really loved Martha & Travis' Broadway and thought this was one of the showstopping standout dances of Week 1. I saw them both as frontrunners with this dance and their Krump, so it's a shame Martha lost some steam afterwards. But this is such a fun and entertaining Broadway that Martha & Travis danced and performed so well. They had lots of great technique and fantastic lively performance skills. I love how they started this dance but whoa the breakdown section in the middle was amazing! :omg: This is also one of my all-time favorite Broadway routines on the show.

Their best routine by far as a couple. They were pretty great in this.

26. DONYELLE JONES & TRAVIS WALL - "GEORGIA ON MY MIND" (CONTEMPORARY BY MIA MICHAELS)

99pVyZ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lu-fCrO5I

RANKINGS:

Dee: 19

Gigi: 18

Diana: 20

Derek: 5

Rei: 12

Wally: 27

Megan: 26

Zoey: 26

Chris: 13

JC: 28

Elliott: 24

Amanda: 22

Andrew: 24

FINAL SCORE = 20.31

COMMENTS

Wish that this could be higher for Donyelle's sake because she kills this. But I want to point out that I find something very, very off about this music choice and styling. AKA Mia Michaels as a white woman should not have asked for that styling. Feels racist. LOL.

Donyelle’s part of this routine deserves a higher ranking but I just can’t let a Travis routine win.

This was nice, but no real connection to it and Travis was in it meh.

I love both Donyelle and Travis but I never really loved this dance that much. I do like it though, and thought they danced/performed it well. I do like the joyous carefree nature they have while performing this.

I’ve always really liked this. Glad it made the finals.

25. TRAVIS WALL & BENJI SCHWIMMER - "GYRATE" (HIP-HOP BY SHANE SPARKS)

J8YvRP.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2y1c-sO0E

RANKINGS:

Dee: 20

Gigi: 16

Diana: 29

Derek: 15

Rei: 25

Wally: 16

Megan: 27

Zoey: 18

Chris: 11

JC: 10

Elliott: 12

Amanda: 21

Andrew: 23

FINAL SCORE = 18.69

COMMENTS

Definitely wish this could be ranked higher for Benji's sake. Season 2 really suffers from most of the best routines featuring terrible choreographers and terrible people.

Benji’s part of this routine deserves a higher ranking but I just can’t let a Travis routine win.

I wish Travis and Shane were not involved, but I have to rank this high for Benji as I loved it. 

This was a really fun and entertaining Hip-Hop from Travis and Benji. Both were out of their styles but portrayed the nerdy to street dancers characters well. I do think Benji really shone as the geeky character so well at the start. :haha: But yeah I love the hard hitting moves they did and how much fun they had here. I believe this was my favorite duo routine of the finale as well.

I’ve never been a big fan of this routine. Just alright.

24. NATALIE FOTOPOULOS & BENJI SCHWIMMER - "SHE'S FREAKY" (HIP-HOP BY SHANE SPARKS)

83oRlL.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYLDHsNolA

RANKINGS:

Dee: 16

Gigi: 21

Diana: 9

Derek: 28

Rei: 19

Wally: 23

Megan: 24

Zoey: 4

Chris: 27

JC: 16

Elliott: 9

Amanda: 20

Andrew: 27

FINAL SCORE = 18.69

COMMENTS

Wish this was a different choreographer, but yeah. This routine is a blast. Benji and Natalie are incredible at everything.

I like this routine but. Sh*ne Sp*rks.

IDK I could not find a video of this so I am just putting it here by default lol.

This was a really fun and entertaining dance. Both Natalie & Benji danced this well.

This was great routine. Not super outstanding or memorable but pretty good still.

23. HEIDI GROSKREUTZ & TRAVIS WALL - "THE PLAZA OF EXECUTION" (PASO DOBLE BY MARY MURPHY)

gpxlNY.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueWoPI9svZo

RANKINGS:

Dee: 21

Gigi: 13

Diana: 3

Derek: 20

Rei: 26

Wally: 7

Megan: 29

Zoey: 23

Chris: 10

JC: 17

Elliott: 29

Amanda: 18

Andrew: 18

FINAL SCORE = 18.00

COMMENTS

A good Paso, but I never understood why people loved this routine so much. We have seen FAR better Paso routines. Also features two horrible humans as dancers.

Heidi and Travis. But this is a good paso.

Alright I'm not going to lie, this was a good routine even though I hate both the people dancing. I did not hate Heidi before but after hearing she is homophobic towards her cousin, I cannot forget it.

I'm so glad that Gigi advanced this Heidi & Travis Paso through because I think Heidi was really done dirty in this game - and speaking regarding Heidi & Travis routines, I really wished their Afro Pop made it to the end here, as that was my 2nd favorite dance of theirs. But their Paso was my 3rd fave and I still do love this dance. This was such a powerful and fantastic routine. Heidi was fierce and flawless in this dance, but Travis did such a wonderful job and brought that same energy to this dance. They both brought such fire and intensity to this dance as well. They had such great lines, partnering work, footwork and gave such a passionate performance. Loved this.

It’s just alright for me. Nothing special.

22. NATALIE FOTOPOULOS - "LAMENTATION" (CONTEMPORARY SOLO)

Br8kjX.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F3tY57FuXY

RANKINGS:

Dee: 17

Gigi: 26

Diana: 11

Derek: 24

Rei: 9

Wally: 29

Megan: 16

Zoey: 10

Chris: 18

JC: 21

Elliott: 13

Amanda: 17

Andrew: 20

FINAL SCORE = 17.77

COMMENTS

I could watch Natalie dance anything. Truly. But I much prefer her Jazz solos to this.

Meh

Beautiful solo from Natalie. But I don't really care or have much attachment to the solos, so it gets a low ranking from me.

I’ve always loved this solo a lot. Simple yet beautiful.

21. IVAN KOUMAEV - "I QUESTION MARK" (HIP-HOP SOLO)

XQ7N2W.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQfik5UaB9w

RANKINGS:

Dee: 18

Gigi: 19

Diana: 23

Derek: 23

Rei: 21

Wally: 20

Megan: 17

Zoey: 12

Chris: 17

JC: 7

Elliott: 7

Amanda: 27

Andrew: 6

FINAL SCORE = 17.46

COMMENTS

Agreed with Rei in that this is not my favorite solo of his. Pretty good, but feels very amateurish. Ivan was still way too young at the time.

I mean, Ivan solo. Duh.

I just love Ivan's movements in his solos, they are superb and I could watch him all day ❤️ 

I remember loving both of Ivan's Top 6 solos but couldn't remember if this one or the other one was my favorite. Love this solo and thought he killed this. He had such great musicality and movements here.

I prefer his other solo that is in this top 30. Well actually his It was all in your mind was his best solo. I wish that would have made it instead of this one. Still good though.

Edited by Deeee

Fine with most of the first set of routines and solos that showed up here.

The only disappointment were some of the Travis routines that I loved/ranked high showing up now (the Broadway, Paso and Hip-Hop). I understand how/why it got affected in rankings as of late, though... and not faulting those ranks. But still loved those routines. But I think everything else was in my Bottom 10 (or close to it), so yay there lol.

Honestly it’s a shame that Travis turned out to be a terrible person. I would have given him higher ranks even though I’m not a fan because some of his routines were def superb although I would admit that begrudgingly. But yeah I don’t think it would be a bottom 10 full of travis if he was not such a horrendous person. 

• Like 1