Who has the biggest vocal range ever on the show?

Hsamid

Which contestant has the biggest range ever on the show?

based of what I've heard. For women, it's kyla jade and for the guys it's john holiday. But im no vocal expert. Also haven't watched much of the earlier seasons.

Found some videos on the vocal range of kyla jade and davon fleming, there's a few other videos showing the vocal range of other contestants, but none with wider vocal ranges than these two so far.

Just so happens that these 2 are some of my favourite singers ever on the show..

Edited by Hsamid

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

This one will surprise some people, but Mikaela Astel probably has one of the bigger ranges for voice contestants. 

This has to be based on Post-show right? I don't think she showed her range On-Show.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

50 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This has to be based on Post-show right? I don't think she showed her range On-Show.

Yeah, she has some ridiculous whistle notes that only dogs can hear. We had a thread like this in the old platform, and I posted a video in here. Maybe I’ll look for it. 

Alisan’s pre-show stuff has some 6th octave chest voice notes, but I’ll just say that’s not the sweet spot in her range. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, she has some ridiculous whistle notes that only dogs can hear. We had a thread like this in the old platform, and I posted a video in here. Maybe I’ll look for it. 

Alisan’s pre-show stuff has some 6th octave chest voice notes, but I’ll just say that’s not the sweet spot in her range. 

I can’t find the Mikaela video right now, and I don’t have time to look for it. The whistle note was in the 7th octave. I think she has 3+ octaves. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Do you mean "only dogs" or "even the dogs"? Because if you meant "only dogs" then that note must be in the 10th octave. The highest note that I've ever seen in a live performance is a D8 and  even thats off the piano.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That's very impressive. Hitting a mixed note in the 6th octave is EXTREMELY difficult.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I can’t find the Mikaela video right now, and I don’t have time to look for it. The whistle note was in the 7th octave. I think she has 3+ octaves. 

Thanks.

Btw, That's super impressive for a teenager. 🤯🤯🤯

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Do you mean "only dogs" or "even the dogs"? Because if you meant "only dogs" then that note must be in the 10th octave. The highest note that I've ever seen in a live performance is a D8 and  even thats off the piano.

That's very impressive. Hitting a mixed note in the 6th octave is EXTREMELY difficult.

It was a joke. I’ll just say it was one of the highest notes I’ve ever heard come out of someone’s mouth. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Thanks.

Btw, That's super impressive for a teenager. 🤯🤯🤯

You know what sucks? I think she deleted that cover. I don’t know why, because people were commenting a ton about that note. It was super shocking and impressive. Oh, well. 

• Sad 3

Of top 12, I believe it was Mia Z…from what I remember she was at or almost at 4 octaves. 

I would bet for men it is Jordan Smith, but it’s harder to tell for men..The low notes are harder to distinguish (which is why people didn’t realize it, but Sawyer actually had a bigger range than Kim and Meghan) 

Cam’s would be interesting to chart..but biggest vocal range I’ve ever heard on a show was DeAndre Brackensick, and I doubt anyone will ever touch his. 

23 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I would bet for men it is Jordan Smith, but it’s harder to tell for men..The low notes are harder to distinguish (which is why people didn’t realize it, but Sawyer actually had a bigger range than Kim and Meghan) 

Cam’s would be interesting to chart

I consider Jordan as the best male vocalist from TV but if we strictly talk about vocal range then Chris Blue has a slight edge over him. He can go upto an Eb in the 2nd octave(D2 actually if you consider post-show as well) and G# in the fifth octave.

Jordan's highest note was a G#5(which was hut towards the end of SBTL). And his lowest note was a B or A in the second octave. I truly believe Jordan can go more lower and higher than this but he never tries. He hit the G#5 note in SBTL only because that song requires it otherwise he would've never done that.

I think Cam's might be from E or F in the second octave to D or E in the fifth octave(This isn't 100% accurate tho).

26 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

but biggest vocal range I’ve ever heard on a show was DeAndre Brackensick, and I doubt anyone will ever touch his. 

How much range he has? Also, when you said "I doubt anyone will ever touch that" did you mean "from the  talent shows no one will be able to touch that" or "worldwide"?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I consider Jordan as the best male vocalist from TV but if we strictly talk about vocal range then Chris Blue has a slight edge over him. He can go upto an Eb in the 2nd octave(D2 actually if you consider post-show as well) and G# in the fifth octave.

Jordan's highest note was a G#5(which was hut towards the end of SBTL). And his lowest note was a B or A in the second octave. I truly believe Jordan can go more lower and higher than this but he never tries. He hit the G#5 note in SBTL only because that song requires it otherwise he would've never done that.

I think Cam's might be from E or F in the second octave to D or E in the fifth octave(This isn't 100% accurate tho).

How much range he has? Also, when you said "I doubt anyone will ever touch that" did you mean "from the  talent shows no one will be able to touch that" or "worldwide"?

Last time I checked..and it was years ago, and DeAndre works on his vocal range, it was C#2- C#7 5 octaves. For reference, Mariah Carey’s live vocal range is debated to be 5. (And again, my guess is because Deandre is older…his voice is lower, and he works on whistle notes so it’s likely he likely had a bigger range. So he’s of the elite/rare category. (Of course anything 3 or above is rare)

So I don’t think anyone is gonna touch it on a show,  but very few vocalists have a greater range than him, period. 

btw, live vocal range is what I care about..and IMO the singer has to sing the note on pitch..which might be questionable for Chris Blue. 

Agree on Cam, I don’t think he gets into the sixth octave, but it would be interesting to listen to his falsetto..he does have a very deep voice though. He’s one of those singers that might have a deceptively large range.

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, colemanftw said:

The end of her audition and KO has some crazy high belts. Her voice just gets light and doesn't carry as much power as Kelly's for example.

I have an app on my Ipad and it tells me the belt at the end of Marisa's audition is an E6

I don't believe it but that's what it says.

It also tells me the belt at the end of her Knockout is an F6, which I also don't believe (and that Kelsie's whistle note is also F6)

I mean, I want whatever this app is getting high off of.

Edited by British Man

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Last time I checked..and it was years ago, and DeAndre works on his vocal range, it was C#2- C#7 5 octaves. For reference, Mariah Carey’s live vocal range is debated to be 5. (And again, my guess is because Deandre is older…his voice is lower, and he works on whistle notes so it’s likely he likely had a bigger range. So he’s of the elite/rare category. (Of course anything 3 or above is rare)

I agree it's not going to be topped on a show. I still hope for it tho. 

btw, live vocal range is what I care about..and IMO the singer has to sing the note on pitch..which might be questionable for Chris Blue. 

Yeah, Chris has range but in other categories Jordan has a big advantage. For instance Breath control. Chris did hit a G#5 but it was for like a 0.1 sec. While Jordan hit a full fledge note with vibrato during a live performance. I know Jordan's pitch is not 100% accurate but he can still stay on pitch 95%+ of the time.

Agree on Cam, I don’t think he gets into the sixth octave, but it would be interesting to listen to his falsetto..he does have a very deep voice though. He’s one of those singers that might have a deceptively large range.

I wish he had done some crazy stuff on-show because I know what he is capable of. He wasn't able to show us his full potential on-show because he had very less performances.