@*Diana - 8/10

@Zoey - 8/10

@Solaris - 9/10

@*Chris - 9/10

@*Lily - 10/10

@FrogLenzen - 10/10

Public - 10/10

Richard

This picture of Adrianne is possibly her most underrated one. She really brought the energy this week and was the only model to sell both herself and the shoes exceptionally well. Unfortunately, the shoddy photography and composition keep me from placing this even higher.

Alex

The only girl to successfully show off the shoes and deliver a great shot. This shot is both graceful and powerful. Adrianne killed this week and absolutely deserved FCO.

Lily

I'm not crazy about this, the pose and expression are both kinda awkward/empty to me. I had preferred Shannon's and still do, however I will say I kinda forgot the brief was literally the shoes lmao and I suppose you can at least see them in this shot well.

Derek

This photoshoot was a disaster. Bad concept, bad photographer (the framing of the shots to sell SHOES is so dumb), no direction for the models... In terms of following the brief of the photoshoot, I think Giselle did the worst so I've been kind of surprised to see the huge outrage against poor Gigi for cutting it. Giselle is supposed to be selling shoes and she took off the shoes. The shoes are not visible in hardly any other photos either but at least they COULD be wearing shoes... Giselle is just straight-up barefoot lol. As a photo without context it's not really my favorite either. Where was the Giselle support when her gorgeous snake picture was hanging in the balance begging for votes???????? Baffling. Anyway, regarding Adrianne, this is not a terrible shot because it does showcase the shoes (kind of a bad angle for the shoes but passable), and the pose is interesting. Doesn't look like a dancer like Giselle's, but is still dynamic and seems athletic-adjacent. But the longer I look at it the less I like it, so it falls to the bottom for me.

9. Shannon - Reebok Shoes

MIZEZJn.jpg

7 / 10

Gigi - 5/10

Diana - 5/10

Public - 5/10

Gonzalo - 6/10

Victoria - 6/10

Zoey - 7/10

Derek - 7/10

Sola - 7/10

Priscilla - 7/10

Lily - 8/10

Chris - 8/10

Richard - 8/10

Alex - 9/10

Rei - 10/10

Derek

Yeah, you cannot see Shannon's shoes in this shoe ad. But I think it's her least-snarly face of the whole cycle, the pose is not forced, and the male model is actually almost participating in the shoot instead of literally standing like a lump in the background like all the other photos haha. Even though it looks like he's wearing a Santa hat. Take away the context of the photoshoot assignment, and I think it's easily the best one of the bunch that day. 

Lily

Mentioned this in my Adrianne Reebok write-up too, but I really did like this shot and it was probably my favorite in this shoot? I think the pose is great and feels the most 'sports ad' to me. But then in hindsight I forgot it was a shoe shoot lol and I don't see the shoes. All that being said - I still enjoy it, but I'm not gonna rank it as high just because one of my pet peeves about that horrible Wonder Bra shoot was how you can barely see the bras in some of them. So would be a little hypocritical of me to change my tune here.

Richard

While Shannon missed the brief a bit by not selling the shoes, this is definitely one of her best shots from the show. She got into character here and delivered a convincing athleticwear ad. I don't love it, but it's a good picture for sure.

Alex

I think it could be a little sexier, but I could legit see this in a sports magazine. Just...where are the shoes? Ginselle should've had a photo here instead of this one making it :kissbye:

8. Kesse - JLO Swimwear

5c8X32K.jpg

6.71 / 10

Gigi - 1/10

Zoey - 3/10

Public - 4/10

Alex - 5/10

Lily - 5/10

Derek - 6/10

Diana - 7/10

Richard 7/10

Gonzalo - 8/10

Rei - 9/10

Priscilla - 9/10

Sola - 10/10

Victoria 10/10

Chris - 10/10

Alex

I'm obsessed with Kesse's body here and her eyes are so striking. I'm sad she never really loved up to this picture again because she has an amazing look.

Lily

Glad we were able to get that representation for Kesse in the top 10. I loved her and was sad her portfolio never really hit its heights after this shot, but this is honestly probably my favorite of that first shoot? She is serving.

Derek

Cycle 1 had way way way way too many awful bikini photos. Kesse's photo here is the best one of them all by 10 million lightyears. It's one of the best bikini shots of the franchise, and it carried Kesse through the competition even though the rest of her portfolio was pretty bad.

Richard

This is by far Kesse's strongest shot from the show. I'm not sure that it'd be in my personal top 10, but I also don't think it'd be far from it. I do think that it could've been a contender for me if the photography was better, but such is life for photos in cycle 1. 

7. Adrianne - Merit Diamond Jewelry 1 

q4YAUvy.jpg

5.86 / 10

Alex - 2/10

Richard - 2/10

Gigi - 3/10

Sola - 3/10

Gonzalo - 5/10

Zoey - 5/10

Diana - 6/10

Rei - 6/10

Public - 6/10

Chris - 7/10

Lily - 9/10

Derek - 9/10

Victoria - 9/10

Priscilla - 10/10

Alex

I mean, come on! One of the best photos of the cycle easily. It is sexy as hell, look at her body! I love the arch in her back and the way her eyes pierce through the camera. It's just the hand. I wish the hand was a bit more gentle. A softer hand and this would've been 10/10 flawless.

Richard

Wow, this picture is killer. I'm fully expecting people to tank Adrianne's pictures from this shoot since they both made it in, but from my view, these two pictures are the cream of the crop for this cycle. I love the more vulnerable approach Adrianne took in this one. She's fully on display and uninhibited, but there's also a bit of fragility here that makes me want to know more. That juxtaposition alone makes this picture one of my favorites this cycle.

Lily

I personally prefer the other Merit shoot for Adrianne, I feel like overall she connects better in that shot, but this is still good.

Derek

The scores for this photo were all over the place. In case you missed the conversation I had with Victoria, the two photos for Adrianne this week is a weird ANTM moment. The judges used this photo on their monitor to judge Adrianne during this photoshoot and during the finale against Shannon. But the other photo is the one shown to the viewer at home. This is a gorgeous photo, but I prefer the other more. We can only wonder what the rankings would have looked like if only one of Adrianne's diamond photos was in the finals. This is just another one that I would have preferred to have Giselle's snake instead.

• Like 1

• FrogLenzen changed the title to ANTM Photos Mini-Rankdown (Cycle 1 Results: 10, 9, 8, 7)

Shocked the Two Reebok shots ranked in the B2. 😮 I would have preferred Giselle's shot in here, but oh well. I love Kesse, but just thought it was the weakest shot of the Top 10. Glad she got some representation though as Robin and Giselle couldn't. And yeah, weird situation with Adrianne's Diamond Shot since there were two. I would have loved for only one to advance to truly see where it would have placed. Overall, not displeased. :tasiawub:

I think Giselle did the worst so I've been kind of surprised to see the huge outrage against poor Gigi for cutting it. Giselle is supposed to be selling shoes and she took off the shoes. The shoes are not visible in hardly any other photos either but at least they COULD be wearing shoes... Giselle is just straight-up barefoot lol.

I'm touched that you mentioned me here. :wub: @FrogLenzen I felt alone after my decision.

6. Adrianne - Tyra B&W 2

QH40i7R.jpg

5.79 / 10

@*Diana - 1/10

@*Lily - 2/10

@*Chris - 3/10

@.Rei - 4/10

@FrogLenzen - 4/10

@1234567890 - 5/10

@Solaris - 6/10

@Zoey - 6/10

@taylorkat - 6/10

@goofycilla90 - 8/10

@Alex95 - 8/10

@rdhaley96 - 9/10

Public - 9/10

@Gonzalo - 10/10

Lily

Really stunning. A photo worthy of a top model!

Derek

This is the photo that was used during the finale to reveal that Adrianne was the winner of the cycle. I love Tyra's B&W photoshoots, and this is my personal favorite of the bunch for Cycle 1. So glad it made it to the Top 10.

Alex

This picture doesn't stand out amongst the other pictures as one of the best. It's really good, just not one of my faves.

Richard

This picture of Adrianne is... good? I think her other picture from this shoot was far stronger and more interesting, so I would have replaced this one with that one in a heartbeat. As far as this one goes, I just don't feel inspired by it. It's pretty. Nothing else to say, really. 

5. Elyse - Snake

FxZKCSb.jpg

5.07 / 10

Alex - 1/10

Chris - 1/10

Gonzalo - 1/10

Lily - 1/10

Rei - 2/10

Derek - 3/10

Victoria - 4/10

Priscilla - 4/10

Public - 7/10

Sola - 8/10

Diana - 9/10

Gigi - 10/10

Richard - 10/10

Zoey - 10/10

Alex

Stunning. Just absolutely ethereal. I said in my rewatch thread at the time it was in the conversation of my favorite photos of the season. Having finished the season, I can absolutely say it was my favorite photo. It's never gonna win lol, but it's my personal winner.

Lily

Stunning. Has its simplicity but is super effective. In terms of the portfolio this was the first big standout to me of Elyse's

Derek

Stunning. lol just copying my homework from Alex and Lily. But yes, this is an amazing photograph. And it tied with Kesse's photo for the most 10s. The rankers were obviously split with this one, as it didn't get any 5 or 6, but got some many top and bottom scores. The simplicity is what makes it great to me, and I think that might be what makes it dull to some other people. A very controversial photo apparently, but I'm glad it was able to squeak into the top 5. Before the last rankings came in, this was in the bottom three and I was very concerned hahaha.

Richard

If I were being objective, I'd rank this picture of Elyse fifth or sixth. However, I'm tanking it because I'd be somewhat disappointed if it won (which I think is pretty likely to happen). It's a great picture, but I've always felt a bit conflicted about it and have never really had the same massive love for it that most others seem to have. The face is just a bit too blank for me to truly love the shot. I don't really get a whole lot from it narrative-wise. 

4. Shannon - Snake

6uvBFAc.jpg

4.92 / 10

Public - 1/10

Chris - 2/10

Derek - 2/10

Zoey - 2/10

Gonzalo - 3/10

Victoria - 3/10

Sola - 4/10

Richard - 5/10

Priscilla - 5/10

Lily - 6/10

Gigi - 8/10

Rei - 8/10

Alex - 10/10

Diana - 10/10

Derek

This photograph is outrageous. So good. The gold, the snake that blends in but when you see it it's perfectly posed with its tongue out, the expression, everything. I think Tyra said this is her favorite from the cycle, and I thought for sure this was going to be a massive threat to win our game. Looks like some people agreed and took matters into their own hands to prevent that from happening! The snake photoshoot is in the hall of fame for best concepts, and it produced so many great photos. Shannon's shining moment and the only thing that allowed her to stick around until the finale. 

Richard

This is clearly a great picture of Shannon. I do find it a bit overrated, because I don't think she really committed as much as she could have, but at the same time, she looks amazing in the costuming and up against the snake. 

Lily

Yeah my favorite in her portfolio (I don't like a lot in there otherwise honestly 🙈). She looks lost in her first two pics IMO and she really connected well here.

Alex

This shot always blows my mind. Shannon's most high fashion photo...ever? She commands the shot and her eyes really tell the story here. I never expected Shannon to deliver something of this caliber and I'm extremely impressed. However, I don't want Shannon to win so I'm tanking it, otherwise it would be top three easily.

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Sad 1

• FrogLenzen changed the title to ANTM Photos Mini-Rankdown (Cycle 1 Results: 6, 5, 4)

I’m fine with Adrianne’s B&W shot ranking where it did. It seems like a fair spot. Disappointed Elyse’s Snake shot is only #5, but I figured someone people would rank it. Shannon’s Snake shot beating Elyse’s surprises me, but not really. I love all those Snake shots so they are interchangeable for me. I’m happy with this Top 3 and I’ll be content with any of them winning at this point. :yes:

• Like 1

Think I'm rooting for one of the Merit Diamond shots to win but I'd be more than happy with Adrianne's snake too. All three are great! I think I prefer Elyse/Shannon's snake shots but all three of them are super strong.

• Like 1