Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

On 5/31/2021 at 11:40 AM, ikwonic said:

I was going to say this too! It's insane they decided to give that amazing battle the montage treatment.

Some other ones that I encourage everyone to listen to:

• Moushumi (Wicked Game) Her tone is out of this world. She deserved to go so much farther that season.
  • Whitney and Shannon vs. Gabriel Violett (More Than Words) I still think Gabriel was the clear winner and Whitney and Shannon only won due to being a duo and a 4 chair turn, but they both did great.
  • Halle Tomlinson (New York State of Mind) She deserved to go so much farther. I especially love the studio version, although she sounded good live too. Her battle against Belle Jewel also sounded good in the studio (got montaged so we didn't hear it live). 
  • Maye Thomas (Roses) I've never seen her mentioned here, but she's so different from everyone else that's been on the show. 
  • Katriz Trinidad vs. Blessing Offer (Do I Do) One of the warmest and happiest battles from this show. The fact that Katriz was able to outshine someone with so much more experience was super impressive. Katriz should've gone SO much farther.
  • Courtney Harrell (River Deep Mountain High) Literally one of the most impressive performances I've ever seen. I have no idea why I've never seen it mentioned here, unless I'm just not looking hard enough, which is definitely fathomable.

river deep mountain high was a banger for sure

20 hours ago, ikwonic said:

The fact that Natasia lost her KO is insane, and the fact that that decision was probably justified is even more insane. S15's KOs were crazy good, but Zaxai, Kymberli, and Natasia were in a completely different league. I still have no idea which 2 I would've picked had I been in Kelly's position. 

What's insane is that Kelly would've probably dropped Natasia for Cody Ray had he stayed in the competition 👀

She got a bad song in the playoffs imo but I wonder if Kirk and Dave got the PVs who would've got the CS, Chris K was a fodder for Blake at that point

18 hours ago, Angeles said:

I LOVE Damali but I wish we got to see more of Brooke ! And by the way she deserved better than that battle song, I know Kelly told her that she was gonna challenge her but c'mon that's a stretch, it didn't fit her

Anyway Kelly it's not too late to redeem yourself with an Americana TCO girl next season 👀

• Like 2

Here's some more:

• Tonya Boyd-Cannon vs. James McNeice (PYT) - Such a fun battle! Tonya killed it and James had nice moments too.
  • Jon Mero (Blame It On The Boogie) - I will NEVER forgive the producers for montaging this performance, but thankfully they showed us a good portion of it. 
  • Shelby Brown (Go Rest High On That Mountain) - Her live performance was a bit of a flop since she got off with the band, but she sounded SO good in the studio. All of Shelby's pre-live performances are also super underrated. I remember "Stars" being my favorite audition that season for a long time, and I still think her audition was as overwhelmingly good as someone like Jordan or Alisan's. I think if Jordan hadn't been on that season, Shelby would've been pimped and won.
  • Preston Pohl vs. Barry Black (I Wish It Would Rain) - Another amazing battle. The coaches made it seem like Preston was the clear winner, but I thought they both did great.
  • Mary Sarah (You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man) - Mary Sarah's audition was one of my favorite performances of all time, but I don't think it's forgotten, so it wouldn't really fit in this thread. Her KO however is super underrated.
  • Dana Harper (You Give Me Something) - I feel like Dana could've done so much more on the Voice had she picked more powerful songs, but this is probably the closest we'll get to that. Her battle was probably really passionate, considering it ended with her and Tarra holding hands in the air, teen dystopian movie-esque, but ofc it got montaged so we never got to see her truly shine...
  • Sharane Callister (All I Could Do Was Cry) - The fact that there isn't a single reupload of the live version of this on YouTube is a CRIME. I'm not sure this performance itself is necessarily forgotten, but the fact that it's so hard to find online is why I'm posting it here lol.

3 hours ago, ikwonic said:
  • Dana Harper (You Give Me Something) - I feel like Dana could've done so much more on the Voice had she picked more powerful songs, but this is probably the closest we'll get to that. Her battle was probably really passionate, considering it ended with her and Tarra holding hands in the air, teen dystopian movie-esque, but ofc it got montaged so we never got to see her truly shine...
  • Sharane Callister (All I Could Do Was Cry) - The fact that there isn't a single reupload of the live version of this on YouTube is a CRIME. I'm not sure this performance itself is necessarily forgotten, but the fact that it's so hard to find online is why I'm posting it here lol.

TASTE !

Dana is one of the most underrated contestants, her lows were gorgeous ! As for Sharana I'm glad she escaped the bloodbath on team Alicia and got the PV, I wish she made the top 8 at least

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Liked her a lot too. Too bad she got lost in the flood of AA women that season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Here's some more:

• Tonya Boyd-Cannon vs. James McNeice (PYT) - Such a fun battle! Tonya killed it and James had nice moments too.
  • Jon Mero (Blame It On The Boogie) - I will NEVER forgive the producers for montaging this performance, but thankfully they showed us a good portion of it. 
  • Shelby Brown (Go Rest High On That Mountain) - Her live performance was a bit of a flop since she got off with the band, but she sounded SO good in the studio. All of Shelby's pre-live performances are also super underrated. I remember "Stars" being my favorite audition that season for a long time, and I still think her audition was as overwhelmingly good as someone like Jordan or Alisan's. I think if Jordan hadn't been on that season, Shelby would've been pimped and won.
  • Preston Pohl vs. Barry Black (I Wish It Would Rain) - Another amazing battle. The coaches made it seem like Preston was the clear winner, but I thought they both did great.
  • Mary Sarah (You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man) - Mary Sarah's audition was one of my favorite performances of all time, but I don't think it's forgotten, so it wouldn't really fit in this thread. Her KO however is super underrated.

Is it hard to find a version that isn't blocked? Because I searched up one thing on YouTube and found it easily.

Although, that may be because I live in Canada, meaning I could watch videos that are blocked in the US.

11 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

Is it hard to find a version that isn't blocked? Because I searched up one thing on YouTube and found it easily.

Although, that may be because I live in Canada, meaning I could watch videos that are blocked in the US.

Yeah it’s probably blocked in the US

When people think of Cassadee Pope, they often automatically go to Over You, but I actually think Stupid Boy is her best Voice performance.

And I also have to give her props for her I'm With You performance. That is NOT an easy song to sing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

When people think of Cassadee Pope, they often automatically go to Over You, but I actually think Stupid Boy is her best Voice performance.

And I also have to give her props for her I'm With You performance. That is NOT an easy song to sing.

Stupid Boy is my second favorite of Cassadee's performances and it gets way less credit than it deserves, tbh.

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Stupid Boy is so good. ❤️