Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

20 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Agreed.

He honestly reminds me of a better version of Peedy (also because they’re both very theatrical). Yeah, he left way too early that season. Considering what Team Blake was like that season, I think he could have done very well if he made Lives.

33 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

He honestly reminds me of a better version of Peedy (also because they’re both very theatrical). Yeah, he left way too early that season. Considering what Team Blake was like that season, I think he could have done very well if he made Lives.

He did have some theatrics that I appreciated. The combination of that with his country sound seemed very interesting.

His battle with Zach was excellent, but I thought he took it easily. 

Which, by the way, another great performance that gets ignored (due to being on the same episode as Marybeth/Dane and Stephanie and Rose/Jesse:

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He did have some theatrics that I appreciated. The combination of that with his country sound seemed very interesting.

His battle with Zach was excellent, but I thought he took it easily. 

Which, by the way, another great performance that gets ignored (due to being on the same episode as Marybeth/Dane and Stephanie and Rose/Jesse:

Yeah, I thought theatrics with country was very interesting and I wanted to see more of that. Zach wasn’t bad in that battle, but I found Cory much more interesting, so I would have gone with him. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Easily her best performance on the show. Her tone was hit or miss for me but I loved the attack she brought to the song and how she enbodied the lyrics. Great job.

Also, Joe jamming in the corner at 0:11 will never not make me laugh :haha:

Adam always had weird battle pairings, but this worked so well. They were so much more interesting than most of the people who made it to the lives in S15. It's a shame they were cut so early, because this was just beautiful.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

Adam always had weird battle pairings, but this worked so well. They were so much more interesting than most of the people who made it to the lives in S15. It's a shame they were cut so early, because this was just beautiful.

It was very good. I consider Natalie the most robbed contestant from the battles that season. It’s ridiculous that she didn’t even get a steal and a certain other Team Adam battle did. She definitely deserved better that season (and was definitely better than some contestants that made Lives that season).

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

It was very good. I consider Natalie the most robbed contestant from the battles that season. It’s ridiculous that she didn’t even get a steal and a certain other Team Adam battle did. She definitely deserved better that season (and was definitely better than some contestants that made Lives that season).

I have a feeling this battle was in a later taping where steals were gone. I don't think TPTB had any plans of either of them going far anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I have a feeling this battle was in a later taping where steals were gone. I don't think TPTB had any plans of either of them going far anyway.

Jake went against DeAndre the next round, and this was long before that incident happened. That basically sums it up

• Like 1

A Beatles song is always welcome for me. Great chemistry between them and loved their delivery. Darious surprised me here big time.

And that intro? Epic.

S18 isn't a standout when it comes to battles imo, but this one singlehandedly saved Episode 2. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Some fun female country battles from

the earlier seasons that I’ve never seen mentioned. I would’ve included Audra and Alaska and Madi’s battle, but it’s so hard to find :(

Thank You!! I still remember the "Not Ready To Make Nice" battle. I enjoyed it a lot when it aired, one of the first performances of the show that really resonated with me. 

In fact, i searched for the original after listening to that performance but i didn't fully get the meaning of the lyrics. Now, as an adult, knowing the story behind the song it's... something else. One of my favorite country songs, for sure. 

Edited by Gustavo527

6 hours ago, erik g said:

I mean, I guess I'll give her props for tackling a Florence song and doing better vocally than most people who've attempted one on the show, but I can't bring myself to like this performance. The "vocal tricks" are distracting and make a song that is supposed to be plaintive yet uplifting into something that sounds so insincere.

I guess I'm really hard on covers this song because I love it so much, but yeah I dislike this performance LOL.

Going all the way back to S5: Cole Vosbury as a contestant,  AKA the only Blake frontrunner in Voice history that didnt make the finale. (He would have, had we had the 4 or 5 contestants format, but S5 only had 3, so).

Apart from being a beast on the guitar, he was just eclectic all the way around. He changed it up every week, but it worked for him. I mean, The Jeffersons theme song, Passenger, Rod Stewart, Miguel, Vince Gill, Hall and Oates, etc. 

Really enjoyed his run. He was my S5 favorite along with Tessanne.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

All of Arei’s performances are super underrated, but her KO was especially good. I’m also obsessed with her audition and wish she had a studio version!!

Watching Season 18's performances brings back a lot of memories of the beggining of the pandemic. How time flies, there is gonna be 2 years already since it started. 

Anyway, i enjoyed this performance when it aired, and yeah, i was still only a "visitor" on IDF then (I didn't have an account) and i remember that it got mixed reception here, some people liked it and some people hated it.

I feel like Season 4, as a whole, doesn’t get talked about much on here. Here are some of my (potentially underrated) favorites…

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

On 9/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, Mistake006 said:

I wouldn't say this is forgotten, but people never seem to appreciate Stephanie's talent!

this too
she is so underrated, and i couldn't believe Isaiah robbed her

Edited by Ottoxxx