Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

So I wanted to see who else sung "what is love" after Jershika's great performance and I come across Shalyah Fearing. Holy crap this girl can sing, and she was 15 at the time! No one mentions her when talking about the best teens on this show, but her power and rasp is some of the best I've heard from any teenage singer.. I'm starting to sound like a TVUSA judge.

Anyways, haven't gone through all her performances, but the ones I listened to they have all been great. Shes definitely the best teen I've heard on the show so far. Especially since she delivered live.

Edited by Hsamid

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

So I wanted to see who else sung "what is love" after Jershika's great performance and I come across Shalyah Fearing. Holy crap this girl can sing, and she was 15 at the time! No one mentions her when talking about the best teens on this show, but her power and rasp is some of the best I've heard from any teenage singer.. I'm starting to sound like a TVUSA judge.

Anyways, haven't gone through all her performances, but the ones I listened to they have all been great. Shes definitely the best teen I've heard on the show so far. Especially since she delivered live.

Watch her KO (it’s an all-timer) and her Playoffs if you haven’t already.

1 hour ago, The narrator said:

Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons from Season 4!! Unfortunately, they were both eliminated at the same freaking time!! 

I can’t forget this version of the song at this point, especially since it comes to mind when I think of female versions of that song

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

An underrated knockout from the earlier seasons

Evan was frustratingly underrated in that season. They barely focused on him, but he was consistent throughout his run.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

This girl does not deserve to be forgotten just like that 

Her run is similar to LiBianca in the sense that they both had solid runs on the show (except for their battles being montaged), but ended being instantly eliminated in the Playoffs due to not being Minivan's cup of tea. (And they both sang Billie Eilish at some point, too) 

Unfortunately, her knockout was overshadowed by Carter's, but she still slayed, and her version of "Weak" is definitely the most memorable cover of that song in The Voice

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

This girl does not deserve to be forgotten just like that 

Her run is similar to LiBianca in the sense that they both had solid runs on the show (except for their battles being montaged), but ended being instantly eliminated in the Playoffs due to not being Minivan's cup of tea. (And they both sang Billie Eilish at some point, too) 

Unfortunately, her knockout was overshadowed by Carter's, but she still slayed, and her version of "Weak" is definitely the most memorable cover of that song in The Voice

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I honestly never thought abt adding her to this thread because these are some of the performances I rewatch the most from the show, but she was 100000% underrated/forgotten by IDF and SM in her time. She deserved to go so much further than she did and she brought some of the best performances that season with her KO and POs. She deserves so much more attention!! And she's also such a kind kind soul....anyways as you can see I can speak hours and hours on Miss Chloé Hogan lmao

• Like 3

I'm OBSESSED with Carolina Alonso's tone in her audition and the way her voice effortlessly seems to float on all the high notes she had in her battle. Also her stage presence and expressiveness in all of her performances is so impressive. We've never had anyone with a voice like her on the show and it's INSANE that she only got a single chair and was montaged and eliminated in the battles. 😭

Edited by ikwonic

Emily B from Season 6 was one of my favorites that season

Her Blind of Wicked Game by Chris Isaak was such a beautiful performance

And I love her Battle with Ciera Mickens of Brave by Sara Bareilles

Wish we could saw her Battle Round 2 with Kristen Merlin 

Loved the beautiful voice of Ddendyl from Season 6 too

Doing Stand by Me in her Blind

Unfortunately she was montaged in her first Battle with Lindsey Pagano, but her studio version of I Feel the Earth Move is such good

And in her Battle Round 2 she was against Deja Hall doing Say Something by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera

When I remember some pop teens that was on the show, I always remember Bryana Salaz from S7 and the way that Gwen did a mistake of let her go instead of Ryan Sill on the Playoffs

She done very current pop songs in her time on the show

Problem by Ariana Grande

Boom Clap by Charli XCX (that was sadly montaged)

Heart Attack by Demi Lovato

Amnesia by 5SOS

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think that IDF hated this performance. I will concur that some of her high notes were slightly nasal sounding, but her low notes, runs, and crackles were *chef’s kiss*. Overall, this performance was great. Her battle with Pia did not show her strengths and instead only made her look weaker. I wish we got to see more of her cool tone.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1

Cecily Hennigan and Selkii, two forgotten contestants from Season 16

Cecily’s version of Foolish Game was on par with Rachel’s imo. Her low notes are gorgeous. 

Selkii got a LOT of hate, but I love her blind audition. She was one of the most unique people that’s been on the show.

Their was beautiful, sadly there weren’t any steals available.

• Like 1

I normally don´t care for the male pop singers on the show, and I dislike this song, but this guy put a bit of spice into it. He´s got a rasp that I think is quite nice. Too bad he got a terrible song choice in the battles and went home. Shoutout to him actually mentioning Lightning McQueen in his intro package too :haha:

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

I´ll give some spotlight to two country battles I felt were pretty ignored here (precisely because of the fact that they´re country. I don´t think IDF was in love with country females at that point I believe):

These girls killed it. Strong acapella opening, and the sass was on point. Loved their take on this song. I would have loved to have Casi longer on the show, and though I get we had Lauren, who is great, I always preferred Casi´s gruffer style.

Many cite as his KO as being his winning point, which I agree, but this battle was the start of the Hoot empire I think, it was a taste of what was about to come next round. Even though he declined on the lives for me (Except for Desperado, and his duet with Kelly), this performance turned him into "oh, another generic country guy", to "well, damn, he might be a threat". Mention to Steve too, he was great as well.

Edited by Misirlou