Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I would have gone nuts had I been in that audience that night. So would MJ, I´m sure lol.

Between Rose absolutely crushing an unexpected song, Ricky’s guitar skills coming out in full force, and Will‘s closing act, it would’ve been a very fun night to be in the audience (granted, that was also “Caribbean Queen” night, but otherwise a decent day for the s17 cast for the most part).

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

To this day, one of my favorites. I remembered this one since we´re approaching Top 10 and this performance drew much attention here, albeit not in a good way mostly:

I remember many questioning/being surprised at Will closing, but come on, how could you have continued the show after THAT? Energy off the charts, not missing a beat, just all around a fantastic, feel good moment that remains a highlight of S17 for me. THIS is what Will came to do on the show, and he did it.

loved this performance :wub:

Most of these contestants are/were pretty popular, so this is more so forgotten performances by them.

Jon Mero - This is why I love you

This was pretty impressive to pull off live. His best imo.

Davon Fleming - Gravity

As a contestant he's not underrated, and most people agree he declined during the lives, but he took this song to church

Rayshun vs Tish - Sweet thing

Insane powerhouse battle. Up there with the best imo.

Kyla Jade WALHFMF

Obviously Kyla Jade herself is far from underrated, but lots of people talk about her finale being underwhelming. Ok true, but this performance was in the finale.

Judith Hill - You've got a friend

Her audition is what got everyone's attention and is probably what most remember. But this is her best performance imo

Judith Hill - the way you make me feel

This is also really good.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Misirlou said:

To this day, one of my favorites. I remembered this one since we´re approaching Top 10 and this performance drew much attention here, albeit not in a good way mostly:

I remember many questioning/being surprised at Will closing, but come on, how could you have continued the show after THAT? Energy off the charts, not missing a beat, just all around a fantastic, feel good moment that remains a highlight of S17 for me. THIS is what Will came to do on the show, and he did it.

18 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Will didn’t go from lying down to literally jumping off the stage (and almost seriously injuring his knee in the process) to not be the show’s closing act that week.

18 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Icon. Living legend. The GOAT. Your new faves could never. :wub:

the king of my heart 💙

that night I was like this:

oh my god no GIF by Productions Déferlantes

I have to give props to Katie Rae this season. Didnt like her blind but really enjoyed her battle and KO, and I thought she won both. She also did well on the live playoffs despite being bandzilla'd a bit, but sadly she had no chance on Team Kelly. (I would have taken her over all of Team Ari that night in a heartbeat except Raquel).

She had a bluesy side that she showed in the POs, I would have liked to have seen that more, and she doesnt really have material out, so I hope she keeps on singing.

Side note, props to her results for giving some spice to the spoilers lol.

• Like 4

On 11/26/2021 at 7:27 AM, Misirlou said:

lady-gaga-incredible.gif

#BlueCrewforLife

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pauwis said:

Julia release her first single tomorrow, so:

one of the most refreshing KOs in a long time !! ❣💫

I don't care what anyone says. Her battle with John was top tier. The pair and the song choice were on point 👌 

I liked it a lot more than Desz and Joseph's battle, tbh 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't care what anyone says. Her battle with John was top tier. The pair and the song choice were on point 👌 

I liked it a lot more than Desz and Joseph's battle, tbh 

best battle of the season 🔝 I mean, THEY KILLED A STEVIE WONDER SONG. John is an opera singer and Julia is an indie / pop singer

desz vs joseph was meh, and I can't believe Gwen spent her steal like this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I have to give props to Katie Rae this season. Didnt like her blind but really enjoyed her battle and KO, and I thought she won both. She also did well on the live playoffs despite being bandzilla'd a bit, but sadly she had no chance on Team Kelly. (I would have taken her over all of Team Ari that night in a heartbeat except Raquel).

She had a bluesy side that she showed in the POs, I would have liked to have seen that more, and she doesnt really have material out, so I hope she keeps on singing.

Side note, props to her results for giving some spice to the spoilers lol.

I know right? And Katie’s blind has actually grown on me. It’s just in the second chorus where she could have gone higher. Her battle performance was amazing, her knockout was emotional, and her playoffs showed a bluesy side that I would have liked to explore more. She obviously had only a small chance of making the top 13, but her run on the show was strong. She really is one of the most underrated season 21 contestants on this forum. And also, I wonder if the incorrect spoilers led to people underestimating her.

3 hours ago, pauwis said:

Julia release her first single tomorrow, so:

one of the most refreshing KOs in a long time !! ❣💫

She was pretty liked here, although her battle with John wasnt well recieved, which I disagree. It was fantastic, and they got the toughest song ever.

• Like 4