Jump to content

Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention


Mistake006
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ikwonic said:

Maybe not forgotten since it was literally a week ago, but I still find it absolutely insane that she got immediately eliminated for this unique and solid performance. The fact that Jim and Sasha and Ryleigh (and in a way Bella) advanced over her given their terrible, messy, and unredeemable performances feels so unfair, but that's just how this show goes IG. 

One of the few of the night (and only one on her team) that didn’t disappoint. Proof that you need SOME hype from this stale audience to get you PV. Love Bella a ton, but the fact that Raquel didn’t get at least 3rd on her team is ludicrous.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

 

This performance was actually AMAZING. Dani Moz is incredibly underrated and can't believe she was eliminated after this performance. I don't understand why she was basically completely forgotten here.


She didn’t get eliminated after that performance. That was the next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daillon said:


Adam making stupid decisions vol. 100 :whut: 

I wish old seasons were easier to find full episodes of bc I would 100% make a compilation video titled “Adam Levine making questionable decisions on The Voice for XYZ minutes” if I could.

 

Also, Tommy Edwards’ blind from this season is one I’d put here - it’s not the best cover of Train ever done on the show, but it was vocally quite solid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I wish old seasons were easier to find full episodes of bc I would 100% make a compilation video titled “Adam Levine making questionable decisions on The Voice for XYZ minutes” if I could.

 

Also, Tommy Edwards’ blind from this season is one I’d put here - it’s not the best cover of Train ever done on the show, but it was vocally quite solid.


Agree. It’s definitely underrated on here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I really like this performance

 

 

Apparently she performed Matthew McAndrew's original. I wasn't aware contestants were allowed to sing another contestant's original.. Maybe Wendy can sing her hit song?

I was never a big fan of her but i admit she did a great job with this song. I'm pretty sure Matt himself enjoyed her performance a lot.

 

Yes, they can sing another contestants' originals, but i guess that is allowed only if the song was recorded under a label (idk if that makes sense, but my english is not so good, sorry😅). In this case, Matt's song was released as part of his finale performances on Season 7, so there was no problem. Another example is Reagan in Season 15 singing "Worth It" by Danielle Bradbery. 

 

With that said, i strongly doubt they are gonna allow Wendy to sing her hit song. That would be controversial, considering that the solely fact that she is on the show is (sadly) controversial itself due to her past success on the music industry.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hannah Houston- House of the rising                                     sun 

                  -Rolling in the deep 

                -Somethings got a hold on me 

 (All that everyone speaks of, about that season is Alisan porter!! )

 

 

Halley greg - Im like a bird 

 

Kristen Marie- Mad world 

 

Wilkes- The climb 

 

Rebecca howell vs David owens -                                               Unchained melody 

 

Darby walker- shake it off 

 

Marina chello - i who have nothing ( im still mad at blake for picking carli over her)

 

 

 

 

 

                             

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, Gustavo527 said:

I was never a big fan of her but i admit she did a great job with this song. I'm pretty sure Matt himself enjoyed her performance a lot.

 

Yes, they can sing another contestants' originals, but i guess that is allowed only if the song was recorded under a label (idk if that makes sense, but my english is not so good, sorry😅). In this case, Matt's song was released as part of his finale performances on Season 7, so there was no problem. Another example is Reagan in Season 15 singing "Worth It" by Danielle Bradbery. 

 

With that said, i strongly doubt they are gonna allow Wendy to sing her hit song. That would be controversial, considering that the solely fact that she is on the show is (sadly) controversial itself due to her past success on the music industry.

Yeah I'm not her biggest fan either but this is my favourite performance from her. I also like her AGT audition better than her voice performances.

 

So that's 2 examples of contestants singing another contestants original on the show. I wonder of there are more.

 

Ah, yeah that's true.. maybe another contestant can sing here song then. :P Though I'm not sure anyone in our current cast could pull it off other than Wendy herself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Honestly, her whole run was stunning. In the two performances we got to see (plus the two studios of blinds and battles) she showed her gorgeous tone. Iconic indie girl. SHe was DOA in playoffs yeah it's chrew but she really was just vibing and being the most unique artist that season. Miss Belle Jewel is so underrated

Also NO ONE can pull off those short bangs like her ✋

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To this day, one of my favorites. I remembered this one since we´re approaching Top 10 and this performance drew much attention here, albeit not in a good way mostly:

 

 

I remember many questioning/being surprised at Will closing, but come on, how could you have continued the show after THAT? Energy off the charts, not missing a beat, just all around a fantastic, feel good moment that remains a highlight of S17 for me. THIS is what Will came to do on the show, and he did it.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

To this day, one of my favorites. I remembered this one since we´re approaching Top 10 and this performance drew much attention here, albeit not in a good way mostly:

 

 

I remember many questioning/being surprised at Will closing, but come on, how could you have continued the show after THAT? Energy off the charts, not missing a beat, just all around a fantastic, feel good moment that remains a highlight of S17 for me. THIS is what Will came to do on the show, and he did it.

Will didn’t go from lying down to literally jumping off the stage (and almost seriously injuring his knee in the process) to not be the show’s closing act that week.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

To this day, one of my favorites. I remembered this one since we´re approaching Top 10 and this performance drew much attention here, albeit not in a good way mostly:

 

 

I remember many questioning/being surprised at Will closing, but come on, how could you have continued the show after THAT? Energy off the charts, not missing a beat, just all around a fantastic, feel good moment that remains a highlight of S17 for me. THIS is what Will came to do on the show, and he did it.

Icon. Living legend. The GOAT. Your new faves could never. :wub:

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...