Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Tyshawn vs Zaxai.

Close enough. 

And yes, S15 did have many good battles (Kameron vs Kayley is probably the most underrated for me. I can’t believe Kayley got shortclipped in the auditions and didn’t get stolen in battles.)

A ton of good battles and knockouts that are forgotten that season. I think that season was at its peak in those rounds. 

30 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

S15 had some fantastic battles (Cody vs SandyRedd, Patrique vs Colton, Jake vs Natalie, Dave vs Keith, Kameron vs Kayley, Tyshawn vs Zaxai, etc). Its a shame they cut so many of them. We got TEN battle montages/shortclips that season.

My Top3 that season.

HM: Cody vs Sandy and DeAndre vs Funshoo

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 10:21 PM, Mistake006 said:

I was just talking about Anatalia in the spoiler thread which reminded me of this criminally underrated battle. Missy shouldn't have when home, her high harmonies are INSANE.

Missy is probably one of the most forgotten contestants ever. I mean she's not out of this world amazing but she REALLY deserves more appreciation.

Super late reply but I 100% agree that Missy deserved better. The fact that she as a 1-chair fodder contestant not only kept up with, but also outshined at times, Anatalia on a song 100% suited for Anatalia was insane. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:30 PM, Misirlou said:

As a contestant, Ricky Braddy was hugely underrated. Not only on IDF, but by TPTB in general. He was always left to appear in the last episodes of each round, had his battle montaged, and got  a Steve Winwood song, someone who couldn´t be more different from him stylistically and vocally, on the playoffs. Plus, of course he got flack for beating Zach in the KOs from Minivan. Not to mention his performance of "The Story" gets often overlooked in favor of Janice´s and Zan´s.

At least he did get a 4 coach standing O for his KO though, and singing a coach song.

Poor Ricky. I'm 100% sure he was meant to be fodder for Zach in the KOs and that Blake fully would've sent him packing a la Tayler Green to Micah Iverson had Zach not completely flopped to a point where there couldn't even be an argument made for saving him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikwonic said:

Love both of their voices. Both of them deserved to go way farther than they did and I'm still mad EllieMae got double montaged/short-clipped.

EllieMae's version of "Merry Go Round" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spensha's version:stealth:

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

EllieMae's version of "Merry Go Round" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spensha's version:stealth:

I'm a fan of Spensha, but she made the song so lifeless. The decision not to say the word "damn" was also a bit questionable to say the least.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:15 PM, ikwonic said:

Love both of their voices. Both of them deserved to go way farther than they did and I'm still mad EllieMae got double montaged/short-clipped.

I loved Allison, i wish her battle wasnt montaged :(

3 hours ago, Yti said:

Same! I can't recall a full performance of Sparks Fly being shown, since Kelly Crapa and Allison/Fernanda were montaged, but Allison sounded great in the studio version for sure.

3 hours ago, Yti said:

I also hated how she got robbed in the KOs. Her vocals were amazing as always, yet she got criticism from Blake and the other coaches for not walking around the stage fast enough like he wanted her to in rehearsals (I think that's what the criticism was)? It was the weirdest reason to eliminate someone ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Samuel Wilco is pretty forgotten because he got eliminated the next round and he got overshadowed by Tstorm in his episode, but his audition was solid and that high note was amazing.

Forever disappointed that Sid wasn't on a longer season. He performed the best out of Team Blake that night tbh. He was given a mediocre song choice, but he stayed on pitch for basically the entire performance.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

She totally made this song her own and still didn't get the recognition she deserves. 

I actually thought about this one the other day. Yeah, her audition was great!

(not as good as the other Savanna though)

Korins Adia is still one of my favorite performances. I honestly liked all of korins song choices. 

I wasn’t here during season 9 so I’m not sure what people thought of this by Sunday Kind of Love with Amy Vachal is another great one. Madi Davis also gave the best rendition of Case of You. Ugh what a great season

2 minutes ago, Tooner said:

Korins Adia is still one of my favorite performances. I honestly liked all of korins song choices. 

I wasn’t here during season 9 so I’m not sure what people thought of this by Sunday Kind of Love with Amy Vachal is another great one. Madi Davis also gave the best rendition of Case of You. Ugh what a great season

Favorite KO matchup of all time ❤️

• Like 3

Maybe not forgotten since it was literally a week ago, but I still find it absolutely insane that she got immediately eliminated for this unique and solid performance. The fact that Jim and Sasha and Ryleigh (and in a way Bella) advanced over her given their terrible, messy, and unredeemable performances feels so unfair, but that's just how this show goes IG. 

• Like 3