American Idol Rankdown 3.0

sublymonal

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Sasser

American Idol' hopeful Jordan Sasser is all by himself | Raleigh News &  Observer

This guy auditioned in Season 15 with his wife, Alex, and she did not make it through the callbacks. Jordan made it to the Top 24? I think and he sang All By Myself. It was kind of a weird mellow arrangement in the beginning and then he tried it. There were some clunker notes in there. Just don't sing this song, guys. Anyway, the video is below so you can decide for yourself. Regardless, he was up against some good male talent in Season 15 so to me it was a no-brainer that he would leave after this. He also did a duet with Fantasia that I actually don't remember but I can't rewatch it at the moment so I can't describe how good or bad it was. Let's pretend it was good so we end this write-up on a nice note. 

Save Tim and Nicholas

Thomas Stringfellow

Take 2. Anyway, he was awful. He was a part of S15 and he couldn't sing at all, his tone was grating af, and had the most annoying way of pronouncing words I have ever seen. To paraphrase Phoebe Bridgers: "And why do you sing with a bad English accent? I guess it's too late to change it now". At least people saw thru this and sent him out the door in little to no time.
Anyway filler content to reach 100 words: He auditioned with an Ed Sheeran song (give us that boring basic content), and had 2 other performances (Creep and Story of my Life). All his performances were abysmal, and I would struggle to find something redeeming about them.

Anyway, bye.

Save: the others

Edited by NGM
  • Confused 1

BRAD ESTRIN

mqdefault.jpg

Who is Brad Estrin? That's the question that I asked myself when I saw him on the list of the remaining contestants to be cut. It turns out that Brad Estrin was on the first ever season of American Idol - there's only a few contestants from Season 1 that matters and Brad Estrin is not one of them.  It seems that Brad auditioned in Los Angeles and he did not have his audition aired, but he was shown briefly in Hollywood where he performed one of Simon's favourite song "Unchained Melody" which was probably enough for him to make it into the Top 30.  After making it into the Top 30, he performed for America where he choose a song by James Ingram known as "Just Once" - I just rewatched his performance and it was dreadful and it makes sense why he did not make it through especially when he was in same group as Tamyra, Adriel, Ryan, Keli, and even Jim.  So I think it's fair to conclude that he was advanced by JC for being cute, but being cute won't cut it with him so he's getting eliminated from the rankdown - good 4 him for having 15 minute of fame in this rankdown.

SAVING: DAVID RADFORD & JONNY BRENNS

• 2 weeks later...

The final round of this cycle features @FrogLenzen and @Solaris contestants.

The list is as follows:
Aaron Marcellus
Adriel Herrara
AJ Tabaldo
Alanis Sophia
Alexandrea Lushington
Brett Loewenstern
Danny Noriega
Effie Passero
Emmanuel Zidor
Gedeon McKinney
Hadas
Hannah Everhart
Jennifer Hirsh
Juanita Barber
Kendra Chantelle
Kristen McNamara
Lauren Spencer-Smith
Lilly Scott
Mara Justine
Nathaniel Marshall
Shelbie Z
Tatiana Del Toro
Todrick Hall
Von Smith

I will post at 9PM EST tonight and then you can begin to cut/save.

@1234567890 @*Chris @NGM @Alex95 @Weedy_Speedy @Elliott @JC @*Diana

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sublymonal said:

The final round of this cycle features @FrogLenzen and @Solaris contestants.

The list is as follows:
Aaron Marcellus
Adriel Herrara
AJ Tabaldo
Alanis Sophia
Alexandrea Lushington
Brett Loewenstern
Danny Noriega
Effie Passero
Emmanuel Zidor
Gedeon McKinney
Hadas
Hannah Everhart
Jennifer Hirsh
Juanita Barber
Kendra Chantelle
Kristen McNamara
Lauren Spencer-Smith
Lilly Scott
Mara Justine
Nathaniel Marshall
Shelbie Z
Tatiana Del Toro
Todrick Hall
Von Smith

I will post at 9PM EST tonight and then you can begin to cut/save.

@1234567890 @*Chris @NGM @Alex95 @Weedy_Speedy @Elliott @JC @*Diana

You can cut/save now! 🙂

Brett Loewenstern
image later

Brett was on the 10th season of Idol. I didn’t remember him at all and cut him randomly. Brett was very much a wannabe rocker. His audition song was “Bohemian Rhapsody” and for the top 12 men he sang “Light My Fire”. Having relistened to the performance, I was not a fan. He didn’t have the voice to pull that song off. He also didn’t have the right attitude and didn’t really connect the song. I think he was probably way too young and needed to mature more. He was eliminated after this performance and not given a wildcard slot. It’s hard to disagree with that decision.

Save Tatiana & Juanita

Mara Justine

I vaguely remember as an annoying teen on the first ABC season that got cut before she became truly annoying like most teens tend to do on Idol. Time to copy paste random facts about her to meet the word criteria:
- She auditioned with Love On The Brain (which was also the performance she got eliminated on when she reprised it)
- Like most teens it tends to be more vocal acrobatics/belting than conveying anything else
- Whatever this showcase performance of It Must Be Love is it's not it chief. Too manic in every way
- She got to sing with Rachel Platten... I'm trying to figure out who I should feel bad for in this scenario, I will make an update once I figure it out
- Everything else was sorta bland in that way only a teen singing about something they still haven't fully gone thru yet can be.

anyway I'm out, too much about someone I don't care about

Edited by NGM

Von Smith
8056ffbe9a794dc1834feb632392b244.jpg

Von Smith auditioned for American Idol in Kansas City back in season 8 during 2008. He was able to make it to the top 36 that season he performed "You're All I Need to Get By" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell during the group 3 performance. He was eliminated before unfortunately being chosen a wild card wasted on him undeservingly so. He performed "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word" by Elton John, but was eliminated once again. He just was basic and never really deserved a 2nd chance in the first place. He is a easy cut I think because he is not a very memorable contestant in the scheme of things.

Saving: Alanis Sophia & Hannah Everhart

Effie Passero

Season 16

Effie-Passero-Barracuda-783x445.png

This girl got on my nerves because apparently she was supposed to be one of the "best vocalists" of season 16 despite being mediocre in every way. Idk, I just know people told me that I'd like her and then I watched her performances and was like, why? She also seemed to believe in a lot of her own hype, thinking she was better than she was, etc. so I'm just not here for it. If you're competing in a national singing competition and wanting to sing one of the most karaoke songs of all time, to the extent that you're competing against a DRAG QUEEN to sing it, an American Idol that does not make.

Save Aaron Marcellus & Alexandrea Lushington